Rental car or Taxi to Port Canaveral ?

WouldBeCruiser

Hi everyone. I haven't travelled much, so please bear with my questions, I'm hoping for a little advice from all of you much more experienced folk.

We are cruising (Carnival) from Port Canaveral in February.

We are a party of four adults, and we will have spent the previous week doing some sightseeing in the Orlando/Kissimmee area, so we will have a rental car.

Would it be better/easier/cheaper to return our rental car to the aiport the night before our cruise, and then get a taxi to Port Canaveral from our hotel the next morning.

I have concerns about how much luggage we might have and whether it will all fit into the rental car - this would be the only trip we would all make in the car together with our baggage, as we fly into Orlando on different days.

I read somewhere that there are different procedure line-ups for different modes of arrival at the port and I got the impression that a taxi might be easier and faster.

Perhaps there are shuttle buses from Kissimmee to Port Canaveral ?

Does anyone know this, and how much it would cost ?

Also approximately how much would it cost for a taxi for the four of us to Port Canaveral from Kissimmee ?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

A taxi would be very very expensive. They are not allowed to pick passengers up from the Port so you would be paying for both ways.

Go to the " I work in port canaveral" thread post 5511. This post is chock full of great info regarding transportation.

I myself rented a car. Best way to do it.

The cab would be very very expensive it is aprox 45 minute drive.I have done the rental car and it is much better even if luggage is an issue renting a second car for the trip is cheap.

There is usually no expensive one way fee from Orlando airport rentals to the avis and the other rental car returns by the port.

I use Avis when I do it but all of the majors are within a 10 minute van ride from drop off of car then to the cruiseport.

I have on numerous cruises out of Port Canaveral rented at airport dropped off at the Port area rental agency's and found it to be the cheapest and the most relaxed way to do it.

Archived