Hair and Makeup on RCCL

luvjftffc

Does anyone know if they do make up on Freedom of the Seas? I know they can do my hair but not sure about make up. Another girl mentioned going to MAC and buying makeup and doing their own. I'm not that good with doing my eyes and wondering if they will teach me how to shade and all that stuff?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! I had the same question, so I had my travel agent look into it for me. She was told that it depends on the ship, and who is working at that time. They said 'usually' they will have someone onboard that will do makeup, but it is possible that they will not and you won't know until you get on the ship. :(.

I got married on Explorer of the Seas while in St Thomas on January 2009. My husband, my sister, and I had my hair done in the ship's spa that morning. As far as make up goes I was told that they don't have anyone to do make up on the ship. So I did what most brides do... Went to a make up stand in Macy's and bought my make up. When you tell the make up sales person your getting married they will show you what to do. When we got on the ship my mom went on a mission and went to the perfume/make up shop there. Long story short, my mom got the make up artist on the ship to do my make up. :D I was lucky and she did a fantastic job. When you get on the ship just ask around. There will be some people that will do anything for you just to help your day be special.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think they offer make up services. I did what some other people did and went to Macys and had the lady that picks good colors for me. I told her exactly what i wanted and she taught me how to do the maekup. it turned out great! If you're getting your hair done on the ship, be prepared. I had pictures of how I wanted to have her do it. It was supposed to be a french twist but she just did whateve she wanted and took almost an hour! I was late to my wedding, but at that point, i didn't care. Just be prepared!

Jackie Doherty

Enchantment of the Seas 6/8/09 (Wedding cruise)

I just sailed on Freedom of the Seas, (9/6-9/13/09) and they had two options for makeup. The first was a basic makeup service where the same girl who does your hair will do it, or a "full-bridal session" where they send you to an actual cosmetologist. I went with the basic, and the girl did a great job, however she used most of my own products and didn't seem to have too much stuff of her own. Luckily, I had gone to Sephora right before the cruise and had them show me what to buy and how to use it because I wasn't sure if RCCL offered the makeup service. Hope this helps!

Can anyone recommend a good brand of make-up? As I'm in the UK we don't have the department stores you have all mentioned over here and to be honest in a lot of our stores I always feel like they try to sell you anything just so they can commision! The department stores near me are have loads of stands with different brands with a salesperson for each stand so they tend to just recommend the product they are working on.

I use Clarins at the mo for foundation and YSL Touche Eclat for under my eyes (would never go without!!) and I'm happy with that although wouldn't mind an upgrade for my wedding :D and get something that will last all day as I usually have to top up in the day. I'm also thinking with the heat my skin will go all shiny too and I'm paranoid about my photo's.

Ladies from the UK - which shops would you recommend?

• 2 weeks later...

I was married during a cruise on Freedom of the Seas last February. I used the ships salon for hair and makeup and it was fabulous! I don't remember the name of the man who was my stylist but he was amazing!!! He told me he is from the Philippines and owns his own wedding salon business. I tried to ask questions along the way but he wasn't having it and just did his thing. I'm so glad I let him because I have never felt more beautiful in my life!

I highly recommend bringing your own hairspray and makeup. They are required to use certain brands even though it's not what they prefer to work with. I bought an inexpensive bottle of Herbal Essence hairspray and he loved it because it had good hold for the humidity. I also brought a ton of MAC makeup and he used all of it in ways I could never repeat even though I wish I could!

I also brought a bottle of Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray and I highly recommend it. I use it all the time now and my makeup lasts so much longer. I noticed they carry a Wedding Makeup Finishing Spray but it seems weird because the ingredients are the same on both products. Here's a link: http://www.skindinavia.com/web/makeup-finishing-spray.html

I found an email address on this board for the company that runs the salon and spa on RCCL. I gave it a try and was able to schedule my hair and makeup 2 weeks before we sailed. They were so helpful! If they can do makeup or not probably depends on who is working during your sailing. My first stop when boarding the ship was the salon to make sure my appointment was set and it was! Here's the link to the thread where I found the information: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=714698&highlight=timetospa

• 2 weeks later...

I got married 3 weeks ago on Brilliance of the seas. I paid for a hair trial a couple of days before the wedding and I'm glad I did. Even though I had a photo of what I wanted, the hair stylist said she thought she should do something different that would suit me better. I really didn't like what she did and asked her to stick to the photo, which she did on the morning of my wedding. My hair looked gorgeous on the day.

Although they didn't do make up, the manager of the spa did my make up for me at a charge using my own make up.

I bought Bobby Brown and Lancome make up and it lasted all day in the heat. I was really please with how the manager did it. She really knew what she was doing.

Hope that helps anyone that's getting married on RCL.

Good luck!!!:)

Archived