All Things Adventure of the Seas!

Ok, I know some of the other ships have this thread, but I did not see one for AOS, SO lets do it.

All you past , recent & cruisers-to-B on Adventure lets have an all AOS discussion.

We are taking our cruise on her in April 10 after many years of not cruising. From what I have seen,(thanks for all the pictures) she is lovely, but will be moving to Europe next summer:(

I may never get the chance to sail on her again.

Would love to hear updated reports & reveiws, so we can get more and more excited.

Thanks,

Montie

Ok, I know some of the other ships have this thread, but I did not see one for AOS, SO lets do it.

All you past , recent & cruisers-to-B on Adventure lets have an all AOS discussion.

We are taking our cruise on her in April 10 after many years of not cruising. From what I have seen,(thanks for all the pictures) she is lovely, but will be moving to Europe next summer:(

I may never get the chance to sail on her again.

Would love to hear updated reports & reveiws, so we can get more and more excited.

Thanks,

Montie

She is moving back to the Caribbean in 2011 (I'm booked for a B2B in March 2011) and yes it is a beautiful ship (I've sailed her 5 time with a B2B scheduled for Nov 09).

aislynmae...You have a great idea. ckrobyn started one in Jan/08 has over 2000 posts. I posted this morning to try to bring it up to the first few pages. It gets back a few pages then difficult to find.

This will be our first time on the AOS and we can't wait.

Rianvi:)

I'm leaving on it on the 3rd and can't wait! We have a promenade view as always. We've been on the FoS twice already so am looking forward to the difference and to different port of calls. We booked excursions for every one of them this time :eek: Snorkel this, and beach that!

I'm leaving on it on the 3rd and can't wait! We have a promenade view as always. We've been on the FoS twice already so am looking forward to the difference and to different port of calls. We booked excursions for every one of them this time :eek: Snorkel this, and beach that!

We are going on the Adventure on the 27th of September with promenade view what cabin number are you in? Do you like them we have cabin 6591 and my sister have cabins 6583 and 6581 do you know if they are over the pub or the shop? Thanks for any help you can give me.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit2.php?ship=Adventure%20of%20the%20Seas

sorry I'm not good at linking...

try looking at this website - it allows you to drag your deck plan over or next to the deck below to see where you are located. remember to line them up correctly though - elevators will match up.

I heard the AOS has small coffee makers in each cabin,,is this ture..love to take my own Starbucks~

No coffee makers, sorry. You do have room service or Cafe Promenade 24/7 though.

JS and up there is a little electric tea kettle that you can heat up water for tea with, but the only coffee you can make with it is instant.

Very excited to have this link created. I'm going on my 1st RCCL cruise & the Adventure is the ship I'm going on. I will read these threads w/ great interest since I'm doing my research for my trip!!!:p

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit2.php?ship=Adventure%20of%20the%20Seas

sorry I'm not good at linking...

try looking at this website - it allows you to drag your deck plan over or next to the deck below to see where you are located. remember to line them up correctly though - elevators will match up.

That is a cool web page and it answered my question about where our cabin will be located right before the pub. Thanks

Just returned from the AOS last Sunday. We had a great time! I cannot understand the complaints by the few people who about Puerto Ricans and how they act on the ship...believe me they were all great with no problems, no one being rude, etc. Do not know what all the hype was about. The only problem I had was with this certain group of caucasian teens that liked hanging out near my cabin and was loud. They finally got the hint when I told them to hangout by their own cabin. When I get a chance I will write a review.

Just returned from the AOS last Sunday. We had a great time! I cannot understand the complaints by the few people who about Puerto Ricans and how they act on the ship...believe me they were all great with no problems, no one being rude, etc. Do not know what all the hype was about. The only problem I had was with this certain group of caucasian teens that liked hanging out near my cabin and was loud. They finally got the hint when I told them to hangout by their own cabin. When I get a chance I will write a review.

Glad you had a great cruise and told those teens what for! Can't wait for your review! :)

Toonjie,

It is so good to see you on the threads. I have not been on in a while and was just saying as I signed on I wonder how Toonjie and the family are doing? My goodness, I see you are headed on a Celebrity ship in 2010 (May) Cannot wait to here your review and.....to see the pictures. Cruised Celebrity a couple of times but found that my DH and I are hooked on Royal.....but want to venture back on another Celebrity ship. Hope all is well with you and your family. Enjoy your 2009 cruise and the rest of the year.:)

Toonjie,

It is so good to see you on the threads. I have not been on in a while and was just saying as I signed on I wonder how Toonjie and the family are doing? My goodness, I see you are headed on a Celebrity ship in 2010 (May) Cannot wait to here your review and.....to see the pictures. Cruised Celebrity a couple of times but found that my DH and I are hooked on Royal.....but want to venture back on another Celebrity ship. Hope all is well with you and your family. Enjoy your 2009 cruise and the rest of the year.:)

Thanks! Good to see you as well! Can you believe that Josiah is exactly 1 year old today? How time flies! Everyone is doing great. We're doing the Monarch after Christmas to the Bahamas and then the Summit to Bermuda in May, I've been on Celebrity before, but it was over 10 years ago on the Zenith, so I'm looking forward to giving it another try.

Does AOS charge for specialty coffee?

Also, would love any tips people have. Our last cruise was on princess almost two years ago. I remember reading on the boards that if you went to a certain deck and walked thru the cabins, you came to an exit door. Going thru the exit brought you to the front of the ship. We went there every morning to watch the sun rise. No one else was out there til the end of the week. It was a great tip.

Does anyone have the current itinerary for St Marteen planes at sunset beach. We will be there Dec. And LOVE watching the planes take off and land.

Does AOS charge for specialty coffee?

Also, would love any tips people have. Our last cruise was on princess almost two years ago. I remember reading on the boards that if you went to a certain deck and walked thru the cabins, you came to an exit door. Going thru the exit brought you to the front of the ship. We went there every morning to watch the sun rise. No one else was out there til the end of the week. It was a great tip.

Does anyone have the current itinerary for St Marteen planes at sunset beach. We will be there Dec. And LOVE watching the planes take off and land.

To get to the front of the ship, simply go all the way forward on deck 4, Promenade Deck, and then go up the set of stairs and continue forward.

Try this site for the big jet schedules, basically most flights arrive between noon and 3:00pm http://www.bywindkal.com/SXMJets.html

Oh, and yes, there is a charge for specialty coffee at Cafe Promenade. The free stuff isn't bad though, it's Seattle's Best-nice and strong!

I was on the AOS this month and had a great time. I usally go on NCL but happy i tried RCCL. My one big complaint is the lines at the peir. Why do you have to wait in one line to hand over your bags and then get in another line line to sign in and get your cards ? One has to ask , just do one line and have more than 2 people looking at your passport and ticket. 1 hr. to get from the cab to the ship is way to long . sorry but it took me a few days to get over this nightmare.

I was on the AOS this month and had a great time. I usally go on NCL but happy i tried RCCL. My one big complaint is the lines at the peir. Why do you have to wait in one line to hand over your bags and then get in another line line to sign in and get your cards ? One has to ask , just do one line and have more than 2 people looking at your passport and ticket. 1 hr. to get from the cab to the ship is way to long . sorry but it took me a few days to get over this nightmare.

I think many piers have their issues and problems, plus there are also things that arise on a daily basis...I find it's best just to try to relax and take it all in. You are on vacation after all! :D

I am interested in this thread also. My DH and I are going on AOS in March 2010 and are very excited about it. I've read how beautiful the ship is and can't wait to see it. Our roll call is not very active so I hope to get input from this thread.

I've read that the ice show shouldn't be missed. Is it my understanding that you need a ticket to get into it and if so, how do you go about getting tickets?

I am interested in this thread also. My DH and I are going on AOS in March 2010 and are very excited about it. I've read how beautiful the ship is and can't wait to see it. Our roll call is not very active so I hope to get input from this thread.

I've read that the ice show shouldn't be missed. Is it my understanding that you need a ticket to get into it and if so, how do you go about getting tickets?

You get them by lining up at a designated place and time, the info will be on your daily cruise compass. I think suite guests with concierge service can get them that way too.

Archived