Crooners Bar, Help!!

across the seas

The Promanade Bar on Deck 7 is the "Martini" Bar. While there try one of the James Bond Martini's. I prefer the "Doctor No". It is Grey Goose Vodka, Blue Curacao and Chamboard with a lemon twist. Very good...

The Promanade Bar on Deck 7 is the "Martini" Bar. While there try one of the James Bond Martini's. I prefer the "Doctor No". It is Grey Goose Vodka, Blue Curacao and Chamboard with a lemon twist. Very good...

Or the "Chairman of the Board"... Grey Goose vodka and Bombay Sapphire Gin

As a self defined martini aficionado...A martini is beautifully and succinctly defined below. All other renditions are delicious and beautifully prepared mixed cocktails served in a martini glass.

BTW, the assortment of olives offered at Crooners and Adagio are much better suited as an accompaniment for a traditional martini (Tanqueray 10 or Bombay Sapphire are my preferred gins :)). The "martinis" on the menu are too sweet and don't compliment the saltiness of the olives, IMHO.

OK, I'm stepping off my libation soapbox now. ;)

Martini (cocktail)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Martini ( Dry )IBA Official Cocktail200px-Dry_Martini.jpgThe martini is one of the most widely known cocktails, shown here with its two main ingredientsTypeCocktailPrimary alcohol by volume

ServedStraight up; without iceStandard garnishOlive or lemon peelStandard drinkware48px-Cocktail_Glass_%28Martini%29.svg.png

Cocktail glassIBA specified ingredients

PreparationPour all ingredients into mixing glass with ice cubes. Stir well Strain in chilled martini cocktail glass. Squeeze oil from lemon peel onto the drink, or garnish with olive.Martini ( Dry ) recipe at International Bartenders AssociationThe martini is a cocktail made with gin and vermouth. Sometimes, vodka is substituted for gin, although this is often called a vodka martini, vodkatini, or kangaroo.[1] The drink is almost always garnished with an olive or, less commonly, a sliver of lemon peel. It is often described as being "crisp". Over the years, the martini has become one of the most well-known mixed alcoholic beverages. H. L. Mencken once called the martini "the only American invention as perfect as the sonnet",[2] and E. B. White called it "the elixir of quietude".[3] It is the drink of the one-time "three-martini lunch" of business executives, now largely abandoned due to company "fitness for duty"[4] programs.

The martini is one of six basic drinks listed in David A. Embury's classic, The Fine Art of Mixing Drinks, along with many other favorite cocktails.

Does anyone know if there is a Crooners Bar on the Star Princess?

Off the top of my head, I would have said yes. Looking at the deck plan, I found the Promenade Lounge instead of Crooners, surprised me. The Star and Golden are sister ships and do not have a Crooners Bar.

Crooners is a fabulous place for martini's. Love trying all the different types. When we have been on the Sapphire we also found it a great place to go and get specialy coffee drinks in the afternoon ( with a little alcohol thrown in!). We would come back from port and go there and relax a bit. Lovely!

So the Sapphire has Crooners? It shows Promenade Lounge on the deck plans. Did they just rename it Crooners or what? I am confused....:confused:

Nope, they have actually renamed Crooners “Promenade” on a few ships. However, the menus still say Crooners, and you might take the name form the bar, but you can’t take the bar from the ship… or something like that. On this note, I completely agree with Michael, msmoger, that a true Martini must have Gin and a splash of dry Vermouth. However, I do not believe one would want Gordons Gin, but the more respectable Plymouth or maybe a slight step down of Bombay Sapphire. But in any (and either) case, a cocktail with vodka is not a real Martini which must have Gin.

Crooners bar is by far the most fun on Princess, whatever name they might be calling it today.

Please tell more about the purchase of a Martini Card. How much is it and how many Martini do you get?

The Martini Card is a deck of cards with recipes of different Martini's on each card. It is not a card to get free or discounted Martini's :D

So the Sapphire has Crooners? It shows Promenade Lounge on the deck plans. Did they just rename it Crooners or what? I am confused....:confused:

Hmmm... I just checked and the bar is still called "Crooners"...

Hmmm... I just checked and the bar is still called "Crooners"...

OK now I am really confused now with two different answers!!! :confused:

:confused:Who has been on the Sapphire within the last month and know for sure if this bar is called Crooners or Promenade? Why I really need to know is because I have set up a M&G there and want to make sure to have the correct name for the roll call members so they can find it easily.

Thanks!

OK now I am really confused now with two different answers!!! :confused:

:confused:Who has been on the Sapphire within the last month and know for sure if this bar is called Crooners or Promenade? Why I really need to know is because I have set up a M&G there and want to make sure to have the correct name for the roll call members so they can find it easily.

Thanks!

Check the Princess website deck plans. It says Crooners. Maybe the other poster misread the plans... that general area is called Promenade Galleria, but the bar is definitely Crooners.

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/sa/deck_plans/index.html

A secret – for the readers of this thread only. If you are in Crooners and ask for an olive tray, you will get a free olive tray with like 7 or 8 different types of olives (stuffed, sizes, types) and containing probably 12 to 16 free olives. Outstanding! Well,,,, Princess does expect you to have a few drinks too… so please don’t abuse the free’ness of the olives. Really nice, and it is not advertized. We have had this on 4 different Princess ships, so I assume it is one of those “for those in the know only” Princess things.

Enjoy!!!!!

Actually, not quite a secret anymore. On our CB cruise in May/June, the free olive selections were listed right on the martini menu. You can order a tray, or just one or two to try. My 3 fave stuffings: anchovies, blue cheese and jalepeno! Washed 'em down with a giant strawberry margarita, while hubby knocked back a James Bond 007.

LidoLiz

Archived