mosquitos? help.

going on med renneissance 24th sept on destiny.just had a thought.do we need mosquito repelant or what.i think probably ok at sea but on shore will we need it.anyone help.adrian.

We've never bothered with Deet, or other insect repellent, in the Med - and not had a problem despite the fact that my DH is a bit of a mossie magnet! It is also a bit later in the season so may not be quite as hot, which may lessen the risk but I'm no expert. We did use Deet in the Caribbean but on a number of cruises in the Western and Eastern Med never thought about it. Perhaps we should have been taking precautions against being bitten :eek: - I wonder if other members have had problems on these itineraries. Any views/experiences anyone?

thanks for that both of you. seems we dont have to worry then.i,m usually ok when weve been to turkey and corfu and canary isles they dont seem to like the taste of me.only thing is that i,m now a type 2 diabetic so dont know wether i have more sugar to offer them now.cheers ade.

Archived