Greece - Turkey Cruise

champagne08

Hi champagne- We did this a few years ago- Euphesus is a must do, everything else is really personal preference. walking around in the greek islands (like santorini) was great, several others rented a car or taxi and also had fun wandering around more broadly. I would either book my own tour or just walk around Istanbul (the bizare is fascinnating, but can be intimidating for a novice). A group of us (4 couples) got together and arranged a boat and guide and sailed up the bosphorus in Instanbul and that was also great.

Hi champagne- We did this a few years ago- Euphesus is a must do, everything else is really personal preference. walking around in the greek islands (like santorini) was great, several others rented a car or taxi and also had fun wandering around more broadly. I would either book my own tour or just walk around Istanbul (the bizare is fascinnating, but can be intimidating for a novice). A group of us (4 couples) got together and arranged a boat and guide and sailed up the bosphorus in Instanbul and that was also great.

I agree re: Ephesus. We did both the day trip and "Dine Among the Ruins" (which apparently isn't offered anymore - which was the highlight of our trip.)

The Delos excursion at Mykonos was fabulous - mainly due the guide - she was the best of the entire 2 weeks. It's mainly ruins but you get an excellent sense of the history, the culture, etc. with this.

In Istanbul, you can buy very inexpensive roundtrip tickets on the public ferry up the Bosphorus - it makes quick stops along the way, and then at the last stop remains for about 3 hrs before returning to Istanbul. The town comes alive when you arrive, you have lunch, and then return.

Its an amazing trip - nothing beats sailing out of Istanbul listening to the "Conquest of Paradise"!

Archived