RCCL Post The Oasis 7 Night Enertainment Schedule and....

On the RCI website Jazz on 4 has a link to reserving show times, but that venue is not listed in the "Showtimes At-A-Glance".

Does anyone have any info on this?

That may be a mistake. I was under the impression that Jazz on 4 was going to be a dance club rather than a show. Who knows, maybe they haven't fully decided yet.

I am rather new at this so try to bare with me. Our sailing is not until August 2010. Do you think the shows will be different by then? My daughter was all excited when she saw Hair Spray is listed but I told her I can't imagine they will run the same show all the time. It will be 8 months in by the time it is our turn on the ship. Do shows usually run that long? Or do you think it will have changed? And has any one heard of any other shows they may be talking about?? Thanks for any help!

I am rather new at this so try to bare with me. Our sailing is not until August 2010. Do you think the shows will be different by then? My daughter was all excited when she saw Hair Spray is listed but I told her I can't imagine they will run the same show all the time. It will be 8 months in by the time it is our turn on the ship. Do shows usually run that long? Or do you think it will have changed? And has any one heard of any other shows they may be talking about?? Thanks for any help!

Shows tend to run for years. It's not like a land show where they run out of people in the area to sell tickets to. People travel from all around to get on these ships and with them usually doing the same itinerary for years as well the chance of repeats is limited to the heavy cruiser (of which many are on here, lol).

Ok...now in this video (old one from the Aquatheater preview) it says there will be 2 Aquatheater shows....Splish Splash and a Dive Show.

The schedule does not reflect this at all.....ya think they have nixed the dive shows? or the Splish Splash show? or both for something new?

Ok...now in this video (old one from the Aquatheater preview) it says there will be 2 Aquatheater shows....Splish Splash and a Dive Show.

The schedule does not reflect this at all.....ya think they have nixed the dive shows? or the Splish Splash show? or both for something new?

I knew I wasn't imagining things. I had thought that Oasis of Dreams was a classy almost broadway like show while Splish Splash was a comedy show. Maybe they realized that they could not get everyone into two shows in one week so they merged them into one show or possibly Splish Splash was meant for Allure and they just didn't clarify clearly.

I was kind of looking foreword to Splish Splash more than the other. Oasis of Dreams has nice stylized diving but Splish Splash was almost like stunt diving.

Do the people in suite categories also suggested to make pre-reservations for the entertainment shows? Or will the concierge be taking care of those reservations? :o

I think suite people should make reservations as well. RCCL is recommending that people make these reservations prior to boarding so a suite guests option is to click a button to reserve a show or find the concierge's email so you can write him an email and he can click a button. If you wait till you board it sounds like shows may be filled and you will have physical tickets to carry rather than just your sea pass. The concierge may (may being the key word) be able to get around a full show but you would still be stuck with the tickets.

I knew I wasn't imagining things. I had thought that Oasis of Dreams was a classy almost broadway like show while Splish Splash was a comedy show. Maybe they realized that they could not get everyone into two shows in one week so they merged them into one show or possibly Splish Splash was meant for Allure and they just didn't clarify clearly.

I was kind of looking foreword to Splish Splash more than the other. Oasis of Dreams has nice stylized diving but Splish Splash was almost like stunt diving.

I'm thinking that Splish Splash will be a precursor to the main dive show...kind of like the Kruise Komics in the past.

I'm thinking that Splish Splash will be a precursor to the main dive show...kind of like the Kruise Komics in the past.

I loved the Kruise Komics on our Voyager sailing. I was so disappointed to see that they were not on the Liberty. They helped to pass the time while waiting for a show to start since we always arrive 1+ hours early to get good seats.

It sounds like to me and tell me if this is true. The only way to see a show is by having a reservation? Also, the shows are free right and if they are if we cxl after the 4 hours do we get charged for that?

All shows are free and do not have a penalty for canceling but you are only allowed to reserve each show once so if you skip your reservation (as in don't cancel but don't go) you are on your own to get into another showing. You do not have to have reservations as RCCL will know how many open seats will be available for each show and will use those as stand by seats for people who just show up. If you don't reserve though you may end up planning to see a show and get turned away because it's full already.

Thanks for the schedule. Now we can look at it and decide when to see the shows and get them booked before we go in April. I actually like this, we can have our evenings figured out. I think it would be harder for us if it was a port intensive trip, but since this is all about being on the ship, should be easy to plan so we can see all the shows we have to.

hairspray is a MUST for me! Saw it on broadway, theater, own the movie. can't wait to see it on Oasis.

Archived