Crowne Plaza Orlando Airport, Sat, 19th Sept

Flying into Orlando from Manchester, UK on Saturday, 19th Sept, arriving on Virgin Atlantic, flight VS073 due to land at 5:40 p.m. We've been allocated a room by RCI at the Crowne Plaza Orlando Airport, Hazeltine National Drive.

We're sailing on FOS on Sunday, 20th Sept from Port Canaveral.

Has anyone else been provided with a hotel the day before this cruise and if so, have you been booked into this one?

Our docs include a transfer voucher which states our transfer from the airport has been arranged with American Coach Lines and gives a number to call when we arrive.

Does RCI not have reps meeting arriving airline passengers at Orlando to direct you to a transfer coach?

I would have thought there could be a few of us on a Virgin Atlantic flight.

As the Crowne Plaza has a complimentary shuttle, would it be just as good to catch this to the hotel? I would have thought that we could be hanging around for a coach to fill up.

On sail day, we have transfers from the hotel to Port Canaveral again with American Coach Lines arranged by RCI. The docs show a departure time of 12:00 but that just appears to be in line with the hotel check out time and the hotel voucher advises we will receive a 'Welcome Letter' when we check in. Anybody who has done this before got any idea of what the 'real' departure time is likely to be?

Hi,

I don't know the exact answer to your question, but had similar circumstances earlier this year on a RCI Cruise.

We flew from Heathrow to Miami, the RCI rep was waiting for us, and together with about 5 other couples we followed her to the mini bus and trailer that our luggage was put on, and we were transported to out hotel, did not take long at all and we were not kept waiting.

The next morning there was a knock on our door at about 10ish, and the porter asked if our luggage was ready as he would take it now, and we would not see it again until it was on our cabin on the ship, and that was true, next time we saw it was 6pm in our cabin.

The collection of our luggage was great it meant that we could explore the hotel and pool without having to worry about trailing our luggage round with us. We were picked up by the coach at 12 and I would think you will be as it is about a 45 minute drive to Port Canaveral, and no doubt your sailing is at 4pm and they like to get you on early.

We are going back and flying from Manchester on the 11th Sept and doing a week on the same ship Liberty of the Seas from Miami, then a week in Orlando when we return, so we have a hire car this time.

Hope this helps.

Hi there

Not offering any help as have not travelled yet but we have the same hotel for next yr on FOS cruise and as yet have no information re flights/airline or actual airport/port transfers so I await with interest any further replies and for your experience when you get back!!

Enjoy!

We were booked into this hotel 2 yrs ago there was a rep at the airport to meet everyone from the flight, transport was waiting to take us to the hotel and there was a letter in the hotel room telling us what time the transport would pick us up the next morning everything went very smoothly.

Have a great trip

Thanks for all your feedback, can always rely on CC for the answers.

Jenrie, do you remember what time you were picked up from the hotel?

yummymumm99 - I'll provide an update when we get back (early Oct) if I don't get chance whilst away.

pag26 - the collection of luggage and not seeing it until onboard sounds good to me! Enjoy Liberty.

Sounds all "par for the course" , one hand of RCCL not knowing what the other is doing! My own experiences , limited, of RCCL handling travel arrangements are good.

If I were you I would go with the flow and manage problems if, and when, they occur; you appear to have lots of options.

Have a nice one, it is a lovely ship.

Luv

Cy

:)

Pete I think the pick-up was around 11am. Hotel was very nice very friendly however I'm sure we had to hand our luggage over to the coach driver ourselves and identify them when they came off the coach at the port before the porters would move them. Enjoy Freedom we will be there 4th Oct.

Archived