Docs not sent out, guarantee room..etc..

P5Girl

I thought I posted something, but it seems to have dissapeared...I apologize if this is a duplicate...

I found my room number using one of the methods I have ready about on a message board. Book Modify and Fun Pass did not work. It is a cat 6B. (which I am content with). However I was curious to see how much extra it would cost to upgrade to a balcony. I called carnival and was told 200/pp. She said there was alot of availability and that I should hold off because there was still a good chance I would be moved up. I explained that I thought I knew my cabin # and it is a cat 6B. She told me there is no cabin number listed on her screen and it still shows that I have a guarantee.

Now the strange part...it seems most people on the boards (including those who booked guarantee rooms) have recently recieved their docs. I was told mine weren't even sent out yet!! The cruise is in 31 days! What are they waiting for? I wonder if the cabin I found is the right one or if it could change? Anyone have any experience with situation like this?

BTW...I booked and paid in full at time of booking in October and this will be my 3rd cruise with carnival.

My cruise is 22 days out. We booked a guarantee and don't have docs yet. I don't start calling the TA until we're down to 2 weeks.

I found our room using the method of which you spoke 57 days out and it hasn't changed since. Other's have found their room this way and it has changed multiple times so it's hard to say. The other 2 methods still don't work for me either.

The bottom line is, if you really want a balcony and aren't satisfied with the OV, are you willing to take the chance? Tough call. I guess it depends on how much you trust the PVP to be correct. As him/her if she's willing to bet $200 per person that you'll get the upgrade.:D

Same for us too. Only "The Method" has worked for us and our cabin number also hasn't changed since we first found it out. We got our docs. 2 days ago (same cruise as you) and the number on the back of the FunPass page agrees with what we found.

My cruise is 22 days out. We booked a guarantee and don't have docs yet. I don't start calling the TA until we're down to 2 weeks.

I found our room using the method of which you spoke 57 days out and it hasn't changed since. Other's have found their room this way and it has changed multiple times so it's hard to say. The other 2 methods still don't work for me either.

The bottom line is, if you really want a balcony and aren't satisfied with the OV, are you willing to take the chance? Tough call. I guess it depends on how much you trust the PVP to be correct. As him/her if she's willing to bet $200 per person that you'll get the upgrade.:D

Its funny, my first cruise I was happy just being in an inside room. But I got bumped to an OV. Then once I had that, there was no way I would ever book inside again.

Last cruise we booked a balcony....and I think I got a little spoiled. LOL

Seriously though, I am just thrilled to be going on the cruise. I just found it a bit odd that most of the others on this board that are going, have already rcvd their docs.

30 more days!

We sail in 14 days and we don't have our documents yet..........either does my brother. We called and they "were never sent" to our travel agency. So they are being reprinted. None of the methods work to find our room and I was told that we hadn't been assigned one yet! I don't think I am going to book a Guarantee again since there are three cabins for the 10 of us and we are probably scattered all over the ship. It will be hard for our kids trying to get together. Oh well!

Why would you assume you are all over the ship? If your bookings are linked, you should be close. I received my last docs under two weeks out... no problems. Did you realize when you booked the guarantee that more than likely you would not get your cabin number until you got to the pier? Don't worry, you will have a cabin... but with the guarantee, likely won't find out until you get there. Good luck.

Why would you assume you are all over the ship? If your bookings are linked, you should be close. I received my last docs under two weeks out... no problems. Did you realize when you booked the guarantee that more than likely you would not get your cabin number until you got to the pier? Don't worry, you will have a cabin... but with the guarantee, likely won't find out until you get there. Good luck.

Thanks Goin for the reply. I guess I am skeptical after all that has happened before the cruise........lost documents, possible no flight down if USAIR goes under that I figured we would get the worst case scenario! I have read of a number of other people whose cabins were scattered all over the ship so I know it has happened before.

pasto.... Our first cruise we were with another another couple we booked 4a guarantees. We got our room number at the pier and they placed us next door to each other in 6a's.

It was wonderful....definitely more than we expected!

Cantex - You need to come by and say hello on the roll call.:D

Linda - If you've booked several rooms with a guarantee and your TA has linked them together, Carnival usually does a pretty good job of keeping you close together. While there's no guarantee you will be close, from what I've observed there's a much better chance you will be near one another than there is of being spread out.

Linda, don't worry... they will really try to get you all together... you MAY already have assignments, but they may not be showing up... might mean you are in for an upgrade ;) Just hang in there... I know it's stressful not knowing, but you will be on the ship and I hope you have a great time!!!!!

Same for us too. Only "The Method" has worked for us and our cabin number also hasn't changed since we first found it out. We got our docs. 2 days ago (same cruise as you) and the number on the back of the FunPass page agrees with what we found.
We booked our Paradise cruise through Carnival and got the docs about 5 weeks out too.

We just got our docs today (sail 1-23)through an online TA for the Pride cruise. We also found our room using a particular search method and the number on the Sail & sign card stayed the same.

So, I'm wondering if where you book your cruise might have a bearing on when you get your docs....and whether or not you book guarantee.

Just a thought.

We booked our January Cruise in August. Paid the balance a month ahead of time. We're 3 weeks out and no docs.

BTW, if you're going to stress out by not knowing your room, a guarantee is NOT the way to go. ;) I'll be quite happy getting a cabin based on my guarantee. Finding the cabin is like a game to me, I do it just for fun.:D I'm kinda weird that way.

So, I'm wondering if where you book your cruise might have a bearing on when you get your docs....and whether or not you book guarantee.

For this upcoming cruise, we booked inititally through a Carnival PVP, then transferred the booking to an on-line agency. We find this is a good way to get the best combination of knowledge / service during the initital booking process (from the Carnival PVP) and then secure it with the best price available by transferring it to an agency offering the best price. We were able to see the booking on-line before and after the transfer, however the pricing on-line and cabin assignment (still just shows the guarantee category on the BookModify page) have never changed.

Docs. came from our TA (again, about 25 days before we leave).

We booked our January Cruise in August. Paid the balance a month ahead of time. We're 3 weeks out and no docs.

BTW, if you're going to stress out by not knowing your room, a guarantee is NOT the way to go. ;) I'll be quite happy getting a cabin based on my guarantee. Finding the cabin is like a game to me, I do it just for fun.:D I'm kinda weird that way.

I think its fun as well! The best part of surprises is trying to figure out what they are! (for me anyway)

I found our cabin with the method about 2 weeks ago, we got our docs yesterday and after our booking # it staill says tba where the cabin # is. guess we could still move eh?

Karen

Linda, don't worry... they will really try to get you all together... you MAY already have assignments, but they may not be showing up... might mean you are in for an upgrade ;) Just hang in there... I know it's stressful not knowing, but you will be on the ship and I hope you have a great time!!!!!

Thanks for all the kind posts. It has been a stressful year for us. My husband was unemployed for 6 1/2 months to start. We booked this cruise to have precious family time together and celebrate getting through all of the tough times. We planned it as a celebration for my son and his girlfriend who have been together for 3 1/2 years. He is in the National Guard and we have been holding our breath that he wouldn't get sent anywhere before we sailed. He gave up training for the Army Rangers to make the trip which was a life long dream of his so I want everything to go well. Now if USAIRWAYs is still flying when we have to leave, I will be a happy person!

I found our cabin with the method about 2 weeks ago, we got our docs yesterday and after our booking # it staill says tba where the cabin # is. guess we could still move eh?

Karen

Are you looking at the back of the sign and sail page on the bottom??

I know it is too soon for docs but why havent I received that order form for gifts? I did with my last cruise booked (which I later had to cancel). Is it because I booked a OV guarantee?

What order form is this? you can order gifts by calling the 1-800 carnival and ask for Gifts. You can see what is offered on the Carnival web page under gifts?

Well, I guess you could count me in on the weirdness factor :D. I'm with you, it's a game. After we changed our Paradise booking from a selected inside cabin to OV guarantee, I started looking about two days later. Just wanted to see if I could find it. As they say in antiquing, "hunting for it is most of the fun". ;)

Are you looking at the back of the sign and sail page on the bottom??

That's why I thought it was interesting, every post in reference to finding the cabin on-line, has SOME cabin # on the docs, even if it's not the one they originally found. Mine has my booking # followed by a big 'ol TBA!!

Guess we'll just hafta wait and see! Don't really much care since it'll be January, and I'll be in the pool instead of shoveling snow in NH!!

Archived