Docs not sent out, guarantee room..etc..

P5Girl

Here's a really good summary of the different ways to try this -- the only approach that works consistently is the first (and correctly stated, tedious) one. You can make this most efficient by starting with the lowest category cabins within your guarantee category.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=2442489&highlight=method#post2442489

What is "The Method"??? Sounds fun just to try to keep track of the changes and wonder just where you will end up! Can anyone tell me how to do it?

Just checked The Method to confirm that we're still in the same cabin we've been assigned all along since ~ 70 days out, and it looks like today our cabin has changed (19 days out). I had just checked last night and it was the same up until then...

Oh well, I guess this is part of the "fun!"

CanTex - Got our docs today and the back of the S&S card confirms what I found 57 days out so ours never moved. I was surprised. Went from an 8A to 8I.

Ours was on there too, but The Method indicates it's no longer ours...

That is the bad thing about using the "method"... does not happen too often, but sometimes it changes... And you really can't complain to Carnival about it since the cabin found by the method really isn't "officially" assigned to you and they have until the day you cruise to assign you... I would fear that with my luck, mine would change after finding it out, and not for the better, LOL!!!!!

Thats exactly what happened to me-- firt time I found it I wasnt too happy since I was right next door to the show lounge. Then I got upgraded to a balcony and got upgraded to a better balcony...Only by the time I cruised... I got an oceanview which is what I paid for. Made me wonder if Carnival knew I was checking...lol

I just wanted to thank everyone for sharing the ways of checking on your cabin assignment. I went through gifts and services and kept typing in a cabin number. After quite a few tries (dozens!!) I got the message "sorry, online order cannot be placed for guarantee... call to place order over phone". All my other cabin guesses had said something like "incorrect booking number/cabin number". So, I think that I may have found our cabin! I realize that it may change prior to sailing (our cruise is in early February on the Carnival Valor) but at least I have a cabin. It is a category 8A balcony and we had booked a balcony guarantee. So, we weren't upgraded but who the heck cares!! Any cabin would be great...we are vacationing and I don't have to cook or make the bed or do any grocery shopping. Life is good!!!!!

Moved down a deck -- so we're only up two categories vs. three before. A few days ago, there was only maybe 10 balcony staterooms available on this cruise and nothing else; now -- it looks like they filled those with people they've moved from the 4/5/6 categories up to balcony staterooms and are trying to fill the ship selling off cat. 4/6 rooms instead.

I'm not unhappy with the new location -- still a nice balcony mid-ship. Just wish I had moved upward to one of those previously open cat. 11 or 12, not down 1 deck. Obviously being a stockholder doesn't add any weight to your guarantee assignment!!!

Thats exactly what happened to me-- firt time I found it I wasnt too happy since I was right next door to the show lounge. Then I got upgraded to a balcony and got upgraded to a better balcony...Only by the time I cruised... I got an oceanview which is what I paid for. Made me wonder if Carnival knew I was checking...lol

CD, I booked the Miracle a week before final payment. There were NOT many spots at all left. I called our TA a few days after final payment and she called Carnival to get my individual booking number... turned out Carnival had not even entered me yet, so basically they let me "choose" my cabin while we were all on the phone... I was loving it, LOL! I really don't think there is any method to their madness... just as soon as everyone thinks they have it figured out, someone will post something that contradicts that theory, LOL!!!

Hi, I have been following your post. I booked for a Feb 6 sailing in Oct and paid in full at the time of booking. I booked a 5a Gua and the book/modify page link from CC shows me that as of now I have been upgraded to a 7a. Can this go back down? Or is it more likely, if anything, to get better? The sailing seems to be popular as prices have gone up almost $150. Thanks!

They can always change it up to the date of sailing... however, MOST people have had them stay the same. That being said, some have seen them go down, some upgraded from there. It's a gamble, hence the guarantee... just hang in there, you will know soon enough! Good luck and congrats on the upgrade! I hope it sticks!

GC - I know, but I have to try. The computer geek in me combined with stubborness prevails.:D It's been a lot of fun and won't deter me from booking a guarantee in the future. I love a challenge.

Of course, if Carnival used the same IT people that designed their web site for their corporate IT database infrastructure, that would explain a lot.:rolleyes:

Kerrilah - If you found it though Book/Modify you're probably pretty safe. From what I've observed, the chances of it changing once found with this method are remote. That being said there's still that remote chance it could change.

Mine never showed up through Book/Modify or Fun Pass and still doesn't even though I have my docs and I can see it on the back of my S&S card.

I got my docs today! It seems the carnival agent told me a little white lie when she said they were not sent out. (postmarked Dec 21rst!).

Back of the sail and sign confirms what I found using the tedious method....cat 6B.

Only 26 more days! woooohoooo

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but how can you tell exactly which rooms you should be checking to see if you have been assigned using "the method"?

we booked a 4a guarantee ... i know that its early -- may not even be in the system yet, but I wanted to try to see what I could find. I checked every room on the Riviera Deck and Main Deck before realizing that the outside rooms probably aren't 4a!! (I think I was thinking whole floors rather than sections).

So given that -- to avoid wasting much more time (!!), how do I know which sections of rooms I should be checking on each deck? Would category 4 be for any inside room on any floor?

Also, --- with 60 days to go, do you think i have a fair chance to find out any information? Or am I just spinning my wheels??

:) Thanks!

I booked OV GTEE, so I chose to start with 6B category since you usually get "upgraded" within the same class. (in my case it wasnt really an upgrade, because I could have booked a 6B for the price of the 5a/6a when carnival was doing their free upgrade within the class for past guests). Kicking myself for not going against my fiance's wishes and just booking the balcony for 100$more p/p.

If I booked a cat 4a gtee, i would start at the top (inside cabins only) and work my way down. Others would do the opposite. Its a guessing game...

Make sure you have a copy of the deck plans handy so that you know which sections of the boat you have checked. Also keep in mind that your cabin can change once you find it.

finally928 - Yeah, make sure only the level you booked or above. P5girl is right, start high and work down or vice versa...depends on how optimistic you are. Not many people find it that far out. CanTex said he found his out 70 days and I found my 57. His changed, mine didn't. Some people say they place them 7 weeks out (49 days). As you can see, no consistency.

Assume it will change again -- and just as likely to go down as up -- as happened for me yesterday. That's about the only guarantee you can count on with a guarantee: it can change!

Hi, I have been following your post. I booked for a Feb 6 sailing in Oct and paid in full at the time of booking. I booked a 5a Gua and the book/modify page link from CC shows me that as of now I have been upgraded to a 7a. Can this go back down? Or is it more likely, if anything, to get better? The sailing seems to be popular as prices have gone up almost $150. Thanks!

I have another stupid question if you don't mind ...

if you were checking the cat 4 rooms, having booked a 4a guarantee, would you check the rooms which are designated as having 2 upper beds in the room? or would you skip over them?

I'm thinking that those would be held for reservations of 4 ppl per room (if they are additional beds to the ones on the floor).

I'm sorry if this question seems asinine ... having never even seen a cruise ship up close, i have no idea how the rooms are constructed.

thanks!

I wouldn't.

Their last move for us yesterday was to a cat. 8 stateroom that accomodates 4 (convertible sofa + upper), even though there are two of us.

I have another stupid question if you don't mind ...

if you were checking the cat 4 rooms, having booked a 4a guarantee, would you check the rooms which are designated as having 2 upper beds in the room? or would you skip over them?

I'm thinking that those would be held for reservations of 4 ppl per room (if they are additional beds to the ones on the floor).

I'm sorry if this question seems asinine ... having never even seen a cruise ship up close, i have no idea how the rooms are constructed.

thanks!

Archived