rental cars & Miami

Are there any rental car returns located at the Port of Miami? If not, do you know of any rental car companies with frequent/reliable shuttle service to the port? There are so many Maimi rental locations when I look on-line, I couldn't be sure which was most convenient to the Port...

The background is. my grandmother will be spending a few days in Fort Lauderdale prior to sailing on the Navigator out of Miami. Since she will have a rental car for her time in Fort Lauderdale, she prefers to drive to Miami rather than do a shuttle, cab or town car.

Thanks!!

hertz has a drop off location near the pier, and they give you cab fare to the pier after you drop off the car. that's what we're doing on 6/20!!

Mark

Explorer of the Seas, 6/20/04, sails in

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;06;20;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

trish - i made some calls before booking hertz and not some of the biggies have discontinued this. anyway, where in nj are you from?

Mark

Explorer of the Seas, 6/20/04, sails in

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;06;20;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

This fall 4 of us are on the Voyager and doing a precruise in Orlando for 3 days. I am renting a mini van in Orlando, using it for our stay and then driving to Miami. I'm leaving the others and luggage at the ship and I'm returning the car to the airport and will taxi back for $10 or whatever. If there is a shuttle, I'll certainly jump on board.

John L.

We are staying at the Radisson and were told there is a car rental company with a drop-off at a downtown hotel (maybe Hertz??) But I'm wondering if we should bother with car rental or just take a taxi to the hotel and a taxi out to dinner that night - we want to go to So. Beach. We have 4 adults traveling. Any advice?? For a one night stay is a car rental worth the trouble?

Archived