Taxi fare from LAX to Long Beach

JessicaRN

Is it realistic to take a taxi from LAX to the port in Long Beach? The drive doesn't look so far on a map, but you never know with traffic. I've never used Carnival transfers before. I'm trying to determine which would be the better deal.

I'm hoping someone will be able to tell me how much their fare was (2 people) and how long the trip took.

Thanks!

We've done both taxi and Super Shuttle...Taxi was definitely under $60 including tip for the 3 of us. I can't remember the exact base fare but his tip was minimal. He drove like a maniac...doing 90 for a good portion of the trip, tailgating others and almost got us killed when he cut off a car on an exit ramp.

The time we took Super Shuttle it ended up costing about $30 (not including tip) as well but there were only 2 of us so it was a higher per person cost.

Is it realistic to take a taxi from LAX to the port in Long Beach? The drive doesn't look so far on a map, but you never know with traffic. I've never used Carnival transfers before. I'm trying to determine which would be the better deal.

I'm hoping someone will be able to tell me how much their fare was (2 people) and how long the trip took.

Thanks!

We have never taken a taxi but have heard that it is about $60. It's a long drive so that sounds about right.

There are shuttle vans you can get right outside the baggage areas at LAX. There are Supershuttle and Primetime vans ( about 8-9 passengers ). Just let the rep know you are going to Long Beach and he/she will put you on the list. The vans come around about every 10 minutes and circle the terminals until they are full and then drop you off at your destination. Supershuttle is $17pp. Primetime is probably similar. Much cheaper than the Carnival transfer.

Just noticed in your signature you are going on your honeymoon. Best Wishes on your wedding and have a terrific honeymoon on the Splendor. It's a beautiful ship! We loved our cruise in May.

I should add that if you have a bit of a time crunch, I would go the taxi route. Super Shuttle waits to fill up and in our case, that was about 45 minutes. Both times we've been lucky in regards to traffic (debarked on a Sunday and a Monday). Trip should only take 20-25 minutes under normal traffic conditions but that's something definitely hard to predict with LA. ;)

I was wondering the different costs myself and the thing about the the shuttles waiting to fill up are just as important a factor. I was wondering when people are picked up from the cruise ship to go back to LAX or any LA aiport, has anyone had one the shuttle companies i.e. super shuttle pick them up at the cruise terminal and if so how did you schedule it since you don't know the exact time you are going to get off the ship? Or have people found this too difficult and instead of taking a shuttle back to the airport gone with the taxi or carnival transfer?

I was wondering the different costs myself and the thing about the the shuttles waiting to fill up are just as important a factor. I was wondering when people are picked up from the cruise ship to go back to LAX or any LA aiport, has anyone had one the shuttle companies i.e. super shuttle pick them up at the cruise terminal and if so how did you schedule it since you don't know the exact time you are going to get off the ship? Or have people found this too difficult and instead of taking a shuttle back to the airport gone with the taxi or carnival transfer?

You don't have to pre-book. The vans are outside waiting. Just give the Rep your name and he/she will put you in the van going to the same destination. If you are going to LAX, it is much easier at the port terminal as most people are flying out so it is much easier and faster to fill up the van. It only took 5 minutes to have all the passengers for our trip to LAX. On the other hand, our van had to circle 3 terminals ( as people getting off the planes are all going in different directions, ie home, port terminals, hotels etc.) at LAX before he filled up the van.

I just got off the Splendor on the 23rd. We did self assist and were off the ship by 8:10 and in a taxi on the way to LAX at 8:15. There were 4 of us and the transportation guy said it would be cheaper for the 4 of us to do a taxi...$60 flat rate, then 4 to do supper shuttle.

Archived