Main Dining Room - Question

I believe Caesar salad is a daily offering. There is also a steak offering everyday (forget the specific type, but it is a basic steak; some nights there is a better quality steak available). I do not think shrimp cocktail is a daily option, but not 100% sure. If you like it a lot, just try speaking to your head waiter about having it provided to you daily and they likely would be able to arrange this. They try to honor all special requests they can, but typically ask for at least one night notice.

There's a basic fish dish that's offered every night as well. I'm almost positive that it's always salmon. Same with a chicken breast and a pasta dish.

When I sailed the Majesty, Caesar salad was only offered one night, in two communal bowls at the table for everyone to take from. But that's a different animal, since it only does 3- and 4-night sailings. It was the same with the shrimp cocktail...only offered once. I don't remember what happened on the Grandeur and Enchantment, but those cruises were like 8 years ago and things change...

But like Gonzo said, they DO take special requests. It's not like they completely run out of shrimp that they couldn't just make you a shrimp cocktail. That's one of those fun, hidden rules of cruising...if you want something, ask for it. I always smile when people say how small the room service menu is. If you don't see what you want, write it down and you'll get it! :)

There's a basic fish dish that's offered every night as well. I'm almost positive that it's always salmon. Same with a chicken breast and a pasta dish.

When I sailed the Majesty, Caesar salad was only offered one night, in two communal bowls at the table for everyone to take from. But that's a different animal, since it only does 3- and 4-night sailings. It was the same with the shrimp cocktail...only offered once. I don't remember what happened on the Grandeur and Enchantment, but those cruises were like 8 years ago and things change...

But like Gonzo said, they DO take special requests. It's not like they completely run out of shrimp that they couldn't just make you a shrimp cocktail. That's one of those fun, hidden rules of cruising...if you want something, ask for it. I always smile when people say how small the room service menu is. If you don't see what you want, write it down and you'll get it! :)

The alternative fish is not always Salmon. It can vary and especially on nights where Salomon is on the "main"menue already the alternative will be different.

I believe Caesar salad is a daily offering. There is also a steak offering everyday (forget the specific type, but it is a basic steak; some nights there is a better quality steak available). I do not think shrimp cocktail is a daily option, but not 100% sure. If you like it a lot, just try speaking to your head waiter about having it provided to you daily and they likely would be able to arrange this. They try to honor all special requests they can, but typically ask for at least one night notice.

Just off the Liberty and your quote is correct. On the steak, I like where you can order your steak from Chops for 14.95. Did that several nights when I was in the mood for a good steak. Shrimp was not a daily option, I think 2 nights on my sailing.

Dave

Archived