Reserved seating at shows?

Sorry if this has been brought up already (and I missed it)...but...

On the Twitter for the Oasis and Alllure, there was an update about how you can reserve seats to entertainment shows. This can be done either pre-cruise online or onboard.

Then, then update says "entry is still free". How sad if soon we had to pay for tickets to watch the production shows :(

How does everyone feel about this? Personally, I'm not so pleased. I like it on the first-come, first served basis. They're against saving seats for family members but now it has come to this :confused:

Do you think this will be implemented on the other ships as well?

On the bright side, the Oasis has the new "AQUATHEATER" thing. www.roalcaribbeanproductions.com has info regarding auditions for "Olympic level" divers for the new "aqua show". Sounds really cool :rolleyes:

You have to pre reserve all your shows including the aqua. Looks like the days of just showing up to a show are gone. Now you will have to figure out months in advance what you think you will feel like going each night on your cruise.

I agree it should be first come.

In the past you had to pre-reserve your seats for the ice show and were (even if you are not aware) pre-reserving for the main show. The main show had an early seating and late seating show. Depending on which time you ate you were supposed to go to that show. The ice show you had to wait in line to get tickets to any show. Now that early and late seating is no longer a clear passenger division they are allowing us to choose an exact show as we have always done for the ice show already. I don't see this as heading in a bad way, just an update to an aged system.

In the past you had to pre-reserve your seats for the ice show and were (even if you are not aware) pre-reserving for the main show. The main show had an early seating and late seating show. Depending on which time you ate you were supposed to go to that show. The ice show you had to wait in line to get tickets to any show. Now that early and late seating is no longer a clear passenger division they are allowing us to choose an exact show as we have always done for the ice show already. I don't see this as heading in a bad way, just an update to an aged system.

Actually, I see your point. I just remembered that we had to have tickets for the ice shows and the main/late seating thing is also a good point.

I thought RCCL was doing something more along the lines of "I'm going to reserve the front row" sort of thing. I guess it's okay if it's just entry to a show, but not exact seats.

Archived