Dinner options on Constellation

poppan

Sorry for the stupid question -- but what are our dinner options on Constellation? We are going this November with our two young children (aged 2). I had assumed they would have a buffet at dinner time but now I'm reading posts that they do not have a "full" buffet? :confused:

I was thinking the options would be:

- MDR

- specialty restaurant (I know our kids are too young for this)

- buffet

- room service (is there a charge?)

MDR, Specialty Restaurant, Casual Dining in Buffet area which is from a menu and is not a buffet. A charge of $2.00 pp and reservations are requested but not always required. Room service where you can get the MDR menu delivered during MDR hours. Various other choices are pasta station, sushi, pizza, etc. Celebrity does not have a full buffet as you can have for breakfast or lunch on any of their ships for dinner....

Constellation doesn't have dinner buffet but they have a GREAT pasta bar, plenty of choices of pasta and sauces, salad. They also have sushi. You can also have hamburgs and hotdogs outside by the pool

Sorry for the stupid question -- but what are our dinner options on Constellation? We are going this November with our two young children (aged 2). I had assumed they would have a buffet at dinner time but now I'm reading posts that they do not have a "full" buffet? :confused:

I was thinking the options would be:

- MDR

- specialty restaurant (I know our kids are too young for this)

- buffet

- room service (is there a charge?)

Of course, the MDR is one option. If you want something a bit more casual, the Lido buffet area is turned into a casual dining venue in the evenings. It starts at around 5:30 p.m. and I believe it runs until 10 p.m. Reservations are suggested, as well as a $2 pp gratuity, but reservations aren't always necessary. It is an abbreviated MDR menu, and the only caveat is that, as I recall, the menu didn't change each night. It has full waiter service and bar/sommolier service as well. We ate there a few times on our last Connie cruise and really loved it. Also, if the kids act up, its easier to exit and walk away for a few minutes because it's a smaller area. I don't mean to suggest that your children won't be welcomed in the MDR, but for a change of pace, you might find this venue more comfortable and less structured.

I think the outside grill closes around 6 and sometimes they shut it down early I've found. Not having a full dinner buffet is one of the few things I don't like about Celebrity. The Aqua Spa buffet used to be open later than 6 but I know we were often alone when using this so it was not surprising they shut this down in the afternoon.

Thank you for all the replies and info. Great to know there is no charge for room service, and the casual dining thing sounds like a great option too.

Jerseygirl -- Re: MDR, I don't know how often we would go, and I guess it depends on how my kids do the first time. I do have a feeling that you're absolutely right and we'll end up at casual dining more often than not.

I have a follow up stupid question. If we eat at the casual dining or do room service a lot -- should we still tip the MDR staff the suggested amount... a not inconsiderable $27 per day for our family of four, times 14 nights it is $378 :eek:. I'm guessing we should, since it's not their fault that we're not there, and they don't have the opportunity to serve someone else and make up the income, right?

Thank you for all the replies and info. Great to know there is no charge for room service, and the casual dining thing sounds like a great option too.

Jerseygirl -- Re: MDR, I don't know how often we would go, and I guess it depends on how my kids do the first time. I do have a feeling that you're absolutely right and we'll end up at casual dining more often than not.

I have a follow up stupid question. If we eat at the casual dining or do room service a lot -- should we still tip the MDR staff the suggested amount... a not inconsiderable $27 per day for our family of four, times 14 nights it is $378 :eek:. I'm guessing we should, since it's not their fault that we're not there, and they don't have the opportunity to serve someone else and make up the income, right?

Most people do because many of the servers in the dining room are also taking care of you in the buffet areas for lunch and dinner...Celebrity does not pool tips for the servers...

Archived