Wifi Locations at Ports?

rachelfran

We are on a HAL cruise out of Montreal to Boston next month and I'm sure the kids will be itching to get online when we get into port ... (me, too!). Is there a listing of popular wifi spots at these ports?

Quebec

Charlottetown, PIE

Sydney NS

Halifax NS

Bar Habor

Thanks!

Rachel

There was free WiFi in the port building in Quebec, and depending on where your cabin was it did reach parts of the ship. I know I could log on in my cabin on the side of the ship closest to the dock.

There is advertised free WiFi in the port building in Halifax, but when we were there there was a limited number of log-ons at any one time and I never found a time when I could log on there. I went to a Tim Horton's and used their WiFi after purchase.

I have used the free WiFi in the port at Sydney, but that was several years ago. I missed the port stop there and in Charlottetown on my last cruise so I can't comment about the state of it now.

I have only ever used the free community WiFi in the park just across the street from the tender dock in Bar Harbor. It's not bad and good for posting FB updates and the like.

We did this cruise a couple of years ago and were able to find WiFi in the port buildings (not Bar Harbor). We generally look for where the crew is sitting and figure that is where there is good connectivity.

Asking the crew where they go is a good idea. Halifax has put more free wi-fi along the waterfront. Tim Horton's and McDonalds are good bets and the new Halifax Central Library just up Spring Garden Road is well worth visiting and has wi-fi.