Luggage tags - waste of space

Okay glad to see this thread. Printed out luggage tags and the actual important part is so SMALL. I understand the folding and all of that but it still seems like it should be bigger.

Are you sure you printed out the correct luggage tag? You don't want the one that is part of the SetSail Pass, you want the one that is towards the end of the cruise docs.

The purpose of the extra paper, I think, is to give the finished tag a little more strength. Of course if you are putting it in a holder then you are right.

Even using the plastic holders, the extra folds of paper make the tag easier to insert. At least when using the narrow type ones I have, that is. When it comes time to replace them, I'll get the wider ones.

I don't think printing them out is at all necessary...I prefer to get the strong airline type from the porters..just write my cabin # on them and off they go.....no need to worry about them ripping, getting lost or falling off.

I used the tags you refer to, on my first Royal cruise, aboard Radiance, in Alaska. My bag was delayed getting to my room because the tag was torn off. At the end of the cruise, the tag was just barely hanging on when I retrieved it at the terminal.

I bought a set of plastic holders, with metal grommets, and steel cable-rings after that.

I stopped using the holders with the metal wire, as one got snagged on something in the cab and was torn off. I use Zip Lock Ties, We had 9 days between the first & 2nd cruise out of Sydney, Australia so ran the ties only through one hole so i could change out the tags easier

Are you sure you printed out the correct luggage tag? You don't want the one that is part of the SetSail Pass, you want the one that is towards the end of the cruise docs.

On the last page of set sail checkoff, when edocs are ready, a button comes available that lets you print just the luggage tag, nothing else. Looks

Like this.

9a3e7b3ad8da38b6e9dafdd5330cb461.jpg

I stopped using the holders with the metal wire, as one got snagged on something in the cab and was torn off. I use Zip Lock Ties, We had 9 days between the first & 2nd cruise out of Sydney, Australia so ran the ties only through one hole so i could change out the tags easier

The cable-type are the only ones I've had any luck with. I also use them for my regular luggage tags. Everything else I've tried goes missing, sometimes after just one flight. But I guess that's true of any of them under the right circumstances.

I use a program that was on these boards several years ago. It uses the page from the electronic documents and prints 4 tags to a page. i cut them out and place in tag holders. the program allows you to add names to the tags.

-Tim-

What is this program (name) ?

Marc

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks so much for this reply. I am going to check right now! It is the one on the set sail pass.

Thanks so much for this reply. I am going to check right now! It is the one on the set sail pass.

That image on the SetSail pass is only meant to show to a porter if you want the porter to make tags for you at the cruise terminal.

Look on the page where you print the SetSail pass, there should be another button to click to download the full size luggage tags.

Am I the only one who thinks that printing on luggage tag is a waste of paper. There is plenty of room in the other unused "Fold - Do not Cut" area to have more tags on that sheet.... :confused:

Why not use already wasted paper, you can print on the side that is clear. Many of us just chuck paper in the bin when only one side has printing on it.

Why not use already wasted paper, you can print on the side that is clear. Many of us just chuck paper in the bin when only one side has printing on it.

That is a good idea but to be fair 4 pieces of A4 paper,16 staples and a few pieces of sellotape is hardly worth talking about especially when you think of how much paper we give away on the ship($$$$).

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app