QM2 , no cabin assignment and sailing in a week

turquoise 6

Hi All, I'm

Sailing on QM2 from Brooklyn, NY . On July 28 , 2017. We booked the trip back in March 2017

As a guarantee, Balcony. Not the first time. Diamond Member also.

Haven't heard anything as far as Cabin. Cunard Customer Service Here in the U.S.A said

It's up to the inventory office in the U.K. For an assignment.

There goes the fun

And anticipating about the cruise. Now it is "if and When " we can a stateroom.At the Dock?

Anyone encountered this?

Hi All, I'm

Sailing on QM2 from Brooklyn, NY . On July 28 , 2017. We booked the trip back in March 2017

Haven't heard anything as far as Cabin. Cunard Customer Service Here in the U.S.A said

There goes the fun

And anticipating about the cruise. Now it is "if and When " we can a stateroom.At the Dock?

Anyone encountered this?

Hi turquoise. Second time a poster from the US reported cabin assignments were decided by the UK office. How that works out for passengers on this side of the pond remains to be seen...can't imagine why they wouldn't love us :o

Anyway, good luck on your cabin assignment and if you have time, please drop us a line during your voyage.

Bon voyage,

Salacia

Hi Salacia

Thank you for putting things in perspective here , as always!

Well, the U.K. Office, I believe is Carnival.UK based in Southampton.

It's not helping my situation, having the U.K. Office handle by Stateroom situation.

I'm sure this wouldn't happen to A UK Customer.

I will keep my situation posted

Cheers

Turquoise

So, you book a guarantee then start to get agitated when you haven't been given a specified cabin prior to sailing. Why worry? Guarantee means you are certain to get a cabin of at least the grade you signed up for, right?

Personally I wouldn't book "guarantee" because I like to know exactly what I'm getting before hand. I even stipulate no upgrade.

As for turquoise's comment "I'm sure this wouldn't happen to A UK Customer.", how do you know? I'll tell you what wouldn't happen to a UK customer though, a price drop. We pays our money and takes our choice.

OP I think the longer it takes to get assigned, the more likely your cabin assignment is to exceed your expectations. Good luck and enjoy your voyage.

We're in the UK and often book guarantees. Sometimes the cabin is allocated a long way out, sometimes last minute. The latest we got an allocation was the morning of the departure, but got an upgrade from inside to a large balcony in that instance. No early allocations have ever been upgrades for us, so you might strike it lucky this time. It certainly has nothing to do with where you are from and UK customers are treated exactly the same.

When I booked my first-ever voyage, a friend, who had many, many cruises to look back on, said to me,

"If you must know where you'll be, don't book a guarantee".

Consequently, like others, I always pick my cabin (and have also ticked "no upgrade" on a few occasions).

To the OP, you'll be on board, so turn the negative of not knowing your cabin number... into the positive of a potential surprise. i.e. Treat the anticipation and growing excitement similar to a surprise birthday party or gift; you don't know what you're going to get on the day, that's the beauty of surprises.

Enjoy your voyage :) .

Edited by pepperrn

We're in the UK and often book guarantees. Sometimes the cabin is allocated a long way out, sometimes last minute. The latest we got an allocation was the morning of the departure, but got an upgrade from inside to a large balcony in that instance. No early allocations have ever been upgrades for us, so you might strike it lucky this time. It certainly has nothing to do with where you are from and UK customers are treated exactly the same.

We also got an upgrade from an inside to a balcony at check-in. Wonderful surprise. Now holding a gty inside since February for January 2018. Don't expect lightning to strike twice, but you never know ;p

Hi All, I'm

There goes the fun

Anyone encountered this?

Doesn't matter where the cabins are allocated. If you book a guarantee you have to expect that you might not get allocation until you check in. It is great when they are allocated earlier, but you can't complain if that is not the case. Have a good cruise

Doesn't matter where the cabins are allocated. If you book a guarantee you have to expect that you might not get allocation until you check in. It is great when they are allocated earlier, but you can't complain if that is not the case. Have a good cruise
"LIKE"(y)

Hi Cunarders

Thank you for you heartwarming sentiments. 😍

I guess I will get a stateroom, as long as it's a balcony. I like to step out, even in high seas.

Maybe there will be an upgrade? I've heard Britannia Club is very nice

I retract my statement, about Cunard U.K. Prefers U.K. Customers

"We are all in the same boat together."

I will post any updates

Since this thread is discussing the differences between UK Cunard and US Cunard, I hope the OP doesn't mind me veering a bit off thread here. I've not been impressed with the lack of connectivity between the two. My traveling companions booked their cabin in the UK and I booked mine in the US. Our reservations cannot be linked. A request to be seated at the same table had to be sent directly to the concierge on the ship since neither office could connect our two reservations to make such a thing happen and we have to wait until we're actually on the ship to be sure that's happened. No one in either office is able to confirm and other requests I made at the same time were not done as promised.

It seems as though they ought to be able to work together. Every request or question made with the US number, I've been told they have to check with the UK office and the UK office will email only if they can assist. If they can't assist, they won't reply--and so far, they've never replied. It's been very sub par customer service thus far as a US Cunard passenger.

Since this thread is discussing the differences between UK Cunard and US Cunard, I hope the OP doesn't mind me veering a bit off thread here. I've not been impressed with the lack of connectivity between the two. My traveling companions booked their cabin in the UK and I booked mine in the US. Our reservations cannot be linked. A request to be seated at the same table had to be sent directly to the concierge on the ship since neither office could connect our two reservations to make such a thing happen and we have to wait until we're actually on the ship to be sure that's happened. No one in either office is able to confirm and other requests I made at the same time were not done as promised.

It seems as though they ought to be able to work together. Every request or question made with the US number, I've been told they have to check with the UK office and the UK office will email only if they can assist. If they can't assist, they won't reply--and so far, they've never replied. It's been very sub par customer service thus far as a US Cunard passenger.

Have you tired calling cunard. We booked a westbound TA through US and my parents have booked round trip. I called up and got our bookings linked for dining.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

My parents booked their guarantee cabin for 4th Aug roundtrip TA via a UK travel agent whereas we booked our guaranteed cabins for the 4th Aug Westbound TA via US. They have had their's allocated today whereas we haven't.

Could be lots of reasons. They are higher category, we booked US they booked UK, there are 4 of us in 2 cabins compared to tow of them, they are more complicated as roundtrip is effectively two TAs and they need same cabin both legs, their name begins with B ours begins with G. Or it could just be random.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...