Cabin selection Explorer

hoping someone can offer some advice before I book. Have been offered cabin 647 on Explorer, which is midship. We are concerned that the balcony appears smaller.

Would we be better off choosing forward or aft and getting the full size balcony? I suspect the tenders are below that general area, as there are comments of that regard on seat guru.

hoping someone can offer some advice before I book. Have been offered cabin 647 on Explorer, which is midship. We are concerned that the balcony appears smaller.

Would we be better off choosing forward or aft and getting the full size balcony? I suspect the tenders are below that general area, as there are comments of that regard on seat guru.

The balcony is up to you, but what would concern us is that 647 is a connecting room. We just don't care to do connecting rooms on any ship, as there is a chance you will get noise from the next room. Not a given, but can't say no for sure either. One other concern is that 647 is above a staff access/service area right beside the Coffee Bar on deck 5 if the deck plans are accurate. The service staff came and went through a door there. Don't know how busy/noisy that might be if you were above it.

I agree with Silver Sweethearts. I wouldn't personally take that suite because of potential noise issues.

If the OP would let us know which cruise he or she is considering, we could suggest some other suites.

The Caribbean cruise December 8th to 20th. From Miami. 612 is available which is the next closest to mid ship.

Others available too on different floors but further aft with close proximity to elevators.

I would definitely choose 612. My wife and I are on this cruise and are in 728 which is just above 612. 612 is above one of the tenders but that shouldn't be a problem since there is only one tender port on the cruise.

Since you can't access Compass Rose from the aft stairs or elevators, I think suites closer to the forward elevators are the best choice on the Explorer.

Hope this helps.

We were in 649 a few weeks back and yes you definitely hear the tender below being winched in and out but this never bothered us. And we never heard any other noise from above or below and I am a very very light sleeper!

You do need to walk down to the fore elevators to access Deck 4 but no real hardship there.

Can't comment on size of balcony of 647 as we couldn't see it but I would take 649 again in a heartbeat!

I agree with Silver Sweethearts. I wouldn't personally take that suite because of potential noise issues.

If the OP would let us know which cruise he or she is considering, we could suggest some other suites.

Just out of curiousity, why does it matter what cruise it is when it comes to picking a suite if you know the boat? I know Travelcat2 asked the same thing when I posted a question about the Mariner (which we're doing the Buenos Aires to Rio next February). Do they change things around for different cruises?

Thanks for your help! My husband have cruised (separately) big boats before, but my in-laws (who are graciously letting us join them) have sailed Regent, including the Mariner before.

Just out of curiousity, why does it matter what cruise it is when it comes to picking a suite if you know the boat? I know Travelcat2 asked the same thing when I posted a question about the Mariner (which we're doing the Buenos Aires to Rio next February). Do they change things around for different cruises?

The ships may not change, but views do. Certain itineraries have better views/docking and so forth on the starboard side, while the port side is preferable on other cruises..

While the ship is the same, the suites available at any given time are different on each cruise. Saying Suites X, Y and Z are the best suites to choose would't be very useful if those suites aren't available on the particular cruise being considered. Knowing the cruise, I can check availability and make a recommendation from among the suites still available for booking.:)

The Caribbean cruise December 8th to 20th. From Miami. 612 is available which is the next closest to mid ship.

Others available too on different floors but further aft with close proximity to elevators.

I vote for 612. We were in 609 on Panama Canal trip over New Years - a magnificent cabin and verandah that we will use again in February. Not to worry about tenders; they are tucked into ship unlike Voyager where they obscure some sight lines.