Breaking news

Lest there be any confusion, and as per seabourn.com,

the passenger capacity of Encore is 600. Not 700 or even 650.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Lest there be any confusion, approximately 650 people have access to laundry on Encore while at capacity. I did try to amend the 700 number shortly after typing.

For a baseline comparison, according to SB's 2016/17 brochure, Encore has a guest capacity of 600, vs 458 for the other 3 ships. This equates to a 31% increase in guest capacity, vs. 25% increase in laundry machine capacity (5 vs 4 - assuming the machines themselves have the same load capacity).

So the laundry machine increase % is roughly proportionate to the guest increase %. Can't fault SB for that.

Recall a drink with a former officer on Legend who regaled us with the story of the early morning senior crew meeting at which Exec Housekeeper revealed that a passenger had managed to load 52 items in to a laundry bag. Did include handkerchiefs and skimpy undergarments, but was seen as a record. The HD was not happy!;p;p

Or go for the $ value. $50 is break-even.

What do you reckon to her, Koala? We join Odyssey on Saturday - just trying to cut down what to pack - honestly, I could cruise for a month with what is on the bed. Third passenger in pieces and in the giant yellow suitcase ;) - also, sent you an email.

On our recent Alaska cruise, we were at dinner with two officers. According to them, the operational staff (i.e. ship's officers) advised corporate that a laundry was necessary and corporate ignored them. Looks like corporate found out the hard way.

What do you reckon to her, Koala? We join Odyssey on Saturday - just trying to cut down what to pack - honestly, I could cruise for a month with what is on the bed. Third passenger in pieces and in the giant yellow suitcase ;) - also, sent you an email.

You've got me worried! Doesn't it leave on Sunday?