Live from the Miracle, a July Mexican Riviera Adventure!

Steelers0854

We were on this same sailing, too, and it was a great cruise! We had a wonderful cabin steward, and all the staff were friendly and great. The standout was that they had a dedicated karaoke host, Leon, and he was awesome. Karaoke is all we do on board for entertainment and I was able to sing at every session, every day. The downside was that only once was it in Mad Hatter's. The Piano Bar is way too small, and Red Frog Pub is way too noisy. Also, why do they have to keep the lounges at freezing level? I bought a wool wrap in Cabo the second day and it was the only way I made it through sitting in the lounges for a couple hours for karaoke. Loved the cruise, my fourth time on Miracle!

We were on this same sailing, too, and it was a great cruise! We had a wonderful cabin steward, and all the staff were friendly and great. The standout was that they had a dedicated karaoke host, Leon, and he was awesome. Karaoke is all we do on board for entertainment and I was able to sing at every session, every day. The downside was that only once was it in Mad Hatter's. The Piano Bar is way too small, and Red Frog Pub is way too noisy. Also, why do they have to keep the lounges at freezing level? I bought a wool wrap in Cabo the second day and it was the only way I made it through sitting in the lounges for a couple hours for karaoke. Loved the cruise, my fourth time on Miracle!

Hey Laurie!

The lounges are always freezing at the beginning. They're anticipating that enough pax will show up to heat up the area.

The showroom is always freezing when we show up too early, too hot by the time the show is over.

MDR is always freezing for me but how were your cabins? Do you know if they cleared the room after each comedy show? Thanks for the great review!

Cabins to me were boarderline hot. Even with the AC turned all the way down and the drapes kept shut it was always fairly warm in the room.

The only place on board I thought was really cold was mad hatters. But like was mentioned, the room filled quickly and warmed up almost immediately.

What do you mean by cleared the room? After the shows there was no one from Carnival officially moving people out of the room, people either left in their own or stayed for the next activity. For 18+ shows no one was at the door to enforce the age limit but then again I never saw anyone underage try and attend.

Oh well...I knew it would be hot in August , maybe I'll sleep on the balcony lounger (LOL). I read that sometimes they cleared the room after the first comedy show so glad to hear that didn't happen as I like to stay for both. Thanks again...I can't wait for Saturday!

Oh well...I knew it would be hot in August , maybe I'll sleep on the balcony lounger (LOL). I read that sometimes they cleared the room after the first comedy show so glad to hear that didn't happen as I like to stay for both. Thanks again...I can't wait for Saturday!

Most of the shows were about an hour or two apart. When I get the chance I'll post the Fun Times. I have all those. Sadly I didn't get the menus.

Hey Laurie!

The lounges are always freezing at the beginning. They're anticipating that enough pax will show up to heat up the area.

The showroom is always freezing when we show up too early, too hot by the time the show is over.

No, they were still freezing after two to three hours even with a packed house. Everyone was complaining and wearing sweaters, hoodies, wraps, etc., even the karaoke host. They were excessively cold.

Our aftwap suite was cold enough most of the time, but when that afternoon sun hit it, it would really warm up. The MDR was fine, temperature wise. The coldest room was the Piano Bar, even with wall to wall people.

Thank you, I'm glad we changed to regular balcony now, DH would not have been happy with that view at all. This will be our second time to the Canal, the first time several years ago our excursion to see the Canal/locks was held up for over an hour by military activity and we missed our connection. Carnival reimbursed everyone for the excursion but that was the sole purpose of the trip. Huge disappointment! Sure hope it works out for us this time!

We didn't mind the obstructed balcony at all, it wouldn't be our first choice but given the discount we got by booking a guarantee we didn't mind it one bit. We did get really lucky as there are 2 types of lifeboats we were in the section with none of the extended top lifeboats (see the first photo below). But all in all it wasn't bad. For the PC (we haven't done one yet) you may want to avoid them because I would think you would want to look down at the locks, with this category there is no way to do that.

3741ab86fef95b1dc6f6de0aafde6cb3.jpgc3f941438e025f5a9230694b174fb46f.jpg8defa1e603818c5fc70285c34cbf2af7.jpg7432b13705fd502176603d11442d9178.jpg

Are the menus for the entire week available on the hub at the beginning of the week? Thanks

Yes but it's not intuitive. Go to the app menu and select I think it's "food and beverage" or something like that it brings up a list of locations around the ship where you can dine. Before selecting the dining room at the top you can change the days. Select what day you want then click the venue (like Your time dining) and there will be a button there to view the menus.

Nudi16copy.jpg

Nudi2copy.jpg

coral1copy.jpg

This is what I did on the cruise, the first two nudibranchs are from Cabo, and the coral is from Puerto Vallarta.

Your photos are exceptional! Can I ask what you used to shoot them?

Were these a deep dive or relatively shallow?

Thanks! I used a Canon 70-D in a Nauticam housing, with a Canon 60 mm macro lens and two Inon 2000-D strobes. All three pictures are from about 60 feet, although I was diving to 94 feet and have pictures from there, too.

Thanks! I used a Canon 70-D in a Nauticam housing, with a Canon 60 mm macro lens and two Inon 2000-D strobes. All three pictures are from about 60 feet, although I was diving to 94 feet and have pictures from there, too.

That's some serious gear, but fantastic photos. I'm jealous!

Yes, and it's heavy to carry! LOL I love doing underwater photography and have entered several competitions with good results. I'm headed to the Philippines in December for an underwater photography workshop. Can't wait!

• 1 year later...

Hi Laurie: If you are still this thread, can you tell me more about karaoke on the Miracle? I love karaoke and the most recent postings I've seen show it is only early like 5-7pm most nights and if you have early dining, you won't get to attend.