MyVikingJourney site hacked?

OneSixtyToOne

Dear all,

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the recent My Viking Journey outage.

Rest assured that the site has been restored and all accounts are now functional.

If you still encounter trouble, please send a note to TellUs@vikingcruises.com for troubleshooting purposes.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Viking Cruises

Dear all,

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the recent My Viking Journey outage.

Rest assured that the site has been restored and all accounts are now functional.

If you still encounter trouble, please send a note to TellUs@vikingcruises.com for troubleshooting purposes.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Viking Cruises

Thank you for the response, but it would be nice to get some idea of what happened. Was this scheduled maintenance (I can't imagine!!), an unscheduled problem (will it happen again??) or outside influence (hacking). Is our personal information safe and secure?

Dear zitsky,

We appreciate your request to share a bit more about the recent My Viking Journey hiccup.

The brief outage resulted from an unexpected error relating to site traffic. Please note that personal information remains safe, as it was not affected.

We’re currently making adjustments to ensure this error is not repeated, and apologize again for any inconvenience experienced over this past weekend.

Best regards,

Viking Cruises

Thank you for the response, but it would be nice to get some idea of what happened. Was this scheduled maintenance (I can't imagine!!), an unscheduled problem (will it happen again??) or outside influence (hacking). Is our personal information safe and secure?