Hoteln New Orleans

Rick27

If you weren't killing 2 days, I'd tell you to stay out a few miles but it sounds like you might want to explore downtown and the FQ.

The hotels in the tourists districts aren't all that bad but what gets you is parking. There are properties with $30+ per night parking. We've stayed at the Hilton Riverside before and it is a nice place you can sometimes nab for around $150 BUT they do charge for parking. It's within walking distance to the port.

If you weren't killing 2 days, I'd tell you to stay out a few miles but it sounds like you might want to explore downtown and the FQ.

The hotels in the tourists districts aren't all that bad but what gets you is parking. There are properties with $30+ per night parking. We've stayed at the Hilton Riverside before and it is a nice place you can sometimes nab for around $150 BUT they do charge for parking. It's within walking distance to the port.

Thank you.

We're going to be cruising out of N.O. for our third time July 31st. We always stay at Drury Inn on Poydras. A little bit of a walk to Quarter, but not too bad. Much quieter, and we've always gotten exceptional service there. I think we are paying about $140/night. They have that awesome little 5:00 pm kickback with a few drinks and food. We always eat outside of the hotel because it's New Orleans!!! The food is 1/2 the reason we go LOL But if you are following a tight budget or just don't feel like leaving the hotel, it's a nice little bonus!

We stay mostly at Hilton properties, the Hilton Riverside is nice as well as the Doubletree.

In March we stayed at the Pelham Hotel right off Canal. It's an older hotel but it was really nice.

Parking is the challenge. We usually leave the car at the Fulton Garage for $10 a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree with previous poster on the use of Fulton Garage for your hotel nights + your cruise nights. You really don't need a car for most things that tourists would do in New Orleans anyway.

In the meantime, if you want a quality hotel either in or right next to the French Quarter, try using Priceline or Hotwire. Just pick 4* or above and you really cant go wrong.

I have personally gotten the Marriott French Quarter (Priceline 4*) in the past, and I have helped others get the Intercontinental (Hotwire 4*) and the Hyatt Regency (Priceline 4*) for other stays. In all cases, the rate was about half off the normal price.

Also, sometimes you can get some good deals on a lot of the independent 3* or 4* properties directly in the French Quarter. Most of these properties have a typical French Quarter courtyard, and some rooms have balconies overlooking the courtyard. For these though, I would use google to find and book directly through the hotel website.

Some of the better independent properties in the French Quarter include the following:

Monteleone

Maison Dupuy

Hotel Mazarin

Hotel Le Marais

Quarter House

Olivier House

Hotel Provincial

Inn on Ursulines

Inn on St. Peter

Place D'Armes

Hotel St. Marie

Bienville House

Prince Conti

We're going to be cruising out of N.O. for our third time July 31st. We always stay at Drury Inn on Poydras. A little bit of a walk to Quarter, but not too bad. Much quieter, and we've always gotten exceptional service there. I think we are paying about $140/night. They have that awesome little 5:00 pm kickback with a few drinks and food. We always eat outside of the hotel because it's New Orleans!!! The food is 1/2 the reason we go LOL But if you are following a tight budget or just don't feel like leaving the hotel, it's a nice little bonus!

Drury Inn is my favorite hotel in NOLA- free breakfast was really good and the 5pm kickback was perfect to use as a happy hour (have a few drinks and a little nibble to eat before heading out into the city for a good meal). St. Charles Streetcar is literally right outside the front door and it is a quick walk to Canal street, Superdome or to the French Quarter. Enjoy!!

We like the Prince Conti, it's an older hotel and nothing fancy. They have a nice little cafe open for breakfast with really good food. It's not far from Bourbon St. They don't have a courtyard, just a drive through under the building. Disappointed on our cruise in May, this hotel had a minimum night stay as many others, we ended up across the river in Harvey at the Best Western Plus Westbank. It was good hotel but only if you have a car.