MSC girl jumps ship: A B2B solo trip review of the NCL Epic!

Bra_BE2014

I'm back on Epic in October and love reading your reviews. Can't wait to see Priscilla again!!!!

Please can you remind me, is the Hairdryer in the Studio cabin pretty good? I can't remember if I used it last time or took my own....

I'm back on Epic in October and love reading your reviews. Can't wait to see Priscilla again!!!!

Please can you remind me, is the Hairdryer in the Studio cabin pretty good? I can't remember if I used it last time or took my own....

Hi!

I thought the hairdryer in my studios were pretty good.

You could tell they weren't new but you could select the temperature and the intensity, which Was useful to dry my hair off quickly.

Have a wonderful cruise in October!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After having sailed NCL for a long time, we are considering MSC -- since they will match our Latitudes status -- platinum plus for Black. Your comparisons were very helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm glad it was useful!

There are some exciting MSC ships coming up (Seaside, Seaview), enjoy black card perks and happy cruising!

ICE BAR - unexpected fun

Okay, so I wasn't expecting to even consider going to the Ice Bar.

However, our solo host proposed it on the board as a group activity and a few of us decided to go. There is a EUR 25 charge, tax included, which gives you 30 min inside plus 2 (very strong) Vodka based drinks.

OMG, it was unbelievably fun, we had a blast posing, taking pictures, and jumping up and down to keep warm. It was worth every cent!

quote]

Hi. Love this review. Can you please tell me, did they provide you with anything to wear in the ice bar or do you need to bring warm clothes if you plan on going in there?

ICE BAR - unexpected fun

However, our solo host proposed it on the board as a group activity and a few of us decided to go. There is a EUR 25 charge, tax included, which gives you 30 min inside plus 2 (very strong) Vodka based drinks.

OMG, it was unbelievably fun, we had a blast posing, taking pictures, and jumping up and down to keep warm. It was worth every cent!

quote]

Hi. Love this review. Can you please tell me, did they provide you with anything to wear in the ice bar or do you need to bring warm clothes if you plan on going in there?

I agree, this is a wonderful review ( we loved our MSC cruise too) As for the "what to wear thing" they do give you a warm cloak... not a coat but it's hooded and you can snuggle into it, however the one thing I recommend is to wear socks and closed toe shoes (running shoes work well) and long pants... but that's just me.. I love to be warm.

It really is a fun experience if you're ready for a chill.

Enjoy,

Connie

I agree, this is a wonderful review ( we loved our MSC cruise too) As for the "what to wear thing" they do give you a warm cloak... not a coat but it's hooded and you can snuggle into it, however the one thing I recommend is to wear socks and closed toe shoes (running shoes work well) and long pants... but that's just me.. I love to be warm.

It really is a fun experience if you're ready for a chill.

Enjoy,

Connie

Awesome, thanks Connie.

We are doing the Epic Med cruise two weeks from today and I was wondering does anyone remember what time you can get off the ship, and what time you have to be back on by at each port for Naples, Rome, Livorno, Cannes, & Palma.

I am trying to book tours and in ports like Civitavecchia and Livorno it seems it can be 1-2 hrs travel from the port to get to the destinations (Rome/Florence) which might make it difficult to book tours.

FAW1001, I can't say for sure what the times on the Med cruises would be, however, in general, debarkation will begin approximately an hour after the ship docks and clears the port authority. So, if your itinerary says you'll dock at 8am, you should be able to disembark around 9. If you book with a reputable tour guide they will know what time to expect you to be off the ship.

I strongly recommend that you check Trip Advisor to find good tour guides and also to aline yourself with your Roll Call which I see you've joined.

I wish you smooth seas and strong winds for a wonderful cruise.

In most cases you will need to be back on the ship 30 minutes prior to sailing,

Edited by All-ready2cruise
embark after tour

ICE BAR - unexpected fun

quote]

Hi!

Yes, you get a large, loose, cover with hiodie to protect from the cold.

You also get a pair of gloves but as i was wearing summer sandals, i took a pair of warm socks on my bag and it was a life-saving idea!

Have fun!

Awesome, thanks Connie.

We are doing the Epic Med cruise two weeks from today and I was wondering does anyone remember what time you can get off the ship, and what time you have to be back on by at each port for Naples, Rome, Livorno, Cannes, & Palma.

I am trying to book tours and in ports like Civitavecchia and Livorno it seems it can be 1-2 hrs travel from the port to get to the destinations (Rome/Florence) which might make it difficult to book tours.

Hi!

I didn't keep the dailies but I remember people could disembark pretty early on most days, except for Palma which was around the midday.

There is this video on youtube where the dailies are posted, hope it helps!

Hi!

I didn't keep the dailies but I remember people could disembark pretty early on most days, except for Palma which was around the midday.

There is this video on youtube where the dailies are posted, hope it helps!

Thank you so much; I was going to search for dailies tomorrow! :D

Great review! I especially appreciated your explanation of the back 2 back procedure. I'm on Epic for B2B2B - with diff cabin each leg, and was wondering how they would handle.

Thanks, I'm glad you found it useful.

Enjoy your cruise!

FAW1001, I can't say for sure what the times on the Med cruises would be, however, in general, debarkation will begin approximately an hour after the ship docks and clears the port authority. So, if your itinerary says you'll dock at 8am, you should be able to disembark around 9. If you book with a reputable tour guide they will know what time to expect you to be off the ship.

I strongly recommend that you check Trip Advisor to find good tour guides and also to aline yourself with your Roll Call which I see you've joined.

I wish you smooth seas and strong winds for a wonderful cruise.

In most cases you will need to be back on the ship 30 minutes prior to sailing,

Thank you for the TripAdvisor tip, just found lots of potential guides for my upcoming cruise, hadn't think to look there.

Thank you for the TripAdvisor tip, just found lots of potential guides for my upcoming cruise, hadn't think to look there.

My pleasure, especially since you've been so helpful to so many. Not sure if you or others have done tours using "Tours by Locals" but when we did the British Isles cruise in 2015 we used these quite a bit. They don't charge for the tour but give a wonderful local flair as guides. Obviously, they appreciate a nice tip for offering their services.

https://www.toursbylocals.com/

My pleasure, especially since you've been so helpful to so many. Not sure if you or others have done tours using "Tours by Locals" but when we did the British Isles cruise in 2015 we used these quite a bit. They don't charge for the tour but give a wonderful local flair as guides. Obviously, they appreciate a nice tip for offering their services.

https://www.toursbylocals.com/

No, I haven't heard of 'Tour by Locals', what a great idea!

Thank you [emoji4]