How many cruise packages at Ridgefield Park Hilton Garden Inn

cjammer

Hello,

I'm driving with six people but only one car but we'll need two rooms. Do both rooms need to have the park and cruise package or can I book one room with the package and one regular room and then just pay extra for the others to take the shuttle?

A regular room is about $100 cheaper. Just not sure if only having one car to park means I just need to pay extra for just one room or both. I tried calling the hotel and asking but the lady I spoke too wasn't understanding.

Thanks!

Hello,

I'm driving with six people but only one car but we'll need two rooms. Do both rooms need to have the park and cruise package or can I book one room with the package and one regular room and then just pay extra for the others to take the shuttle?

A regular room is about $100 cheaper. Just not sure if only having one car to park means I just need to pay extra for just one room or both. I tried calling the hotel and asking but the lady I spoke too wasn't understanding.

Thanks!

This is a question you'll really have to ask the hotel. Call them again and get the manager's name and email address. Folks have reported doing what you want to do, but it's out of the ordinary and you should get the arrangement in writing from a manager.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on 1/27 prior to our Gem cruise out of NYC. 4 couples each booked a room with the park stay and cruise package.

When we decided to double up and take only 2 cars, my TA called hotel (while I was in her office) to switch to just a room rate. The room rate was lower but did not include transportation=which would have been about $75.00 extra. We decided to stay with our original booking -cost $204 plus tax. It included a full breakfast along with transportation to/from hotel. Well worth it! We had great service and would stay there again.

It's the best deal and the rooms are nice.

See my review on Tripadvisor

• 4 months later...
We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on 1/27 prior to our Gem cruise out of NYC. 4 couples each booked a room with the park stay and cruise package.

When we decided to double up and take only 2 cars, my TA called hotel (while I was in her office) to switch to just a room rate. The room rate was lower but did not include transportation=which would have been about $75.00 extra. We decided to stay with our original booking -cost $204 plus tax. It included a full breakfast along with transportation to/from hotel. Well worth it! We had great service and would stay there again.

Hello could you tell me what time you left the morning of the cruise to the terminal, and how was the pick-up back to the hotel? What time again was pick-up?? Thanks

Hi, we are staying there precruise mid-July. When I booked I was told we would be driven to the pier whenever we want to leave. I want to be at the pier by 9:30. Do you think they will be available to take us at 9am? The reason I ask is when we cruised out of Balto. a few years ago, we stayed at a hotel with a park and cruise option. When we arrived at the hotel, they gave us a list of times they were available to take us to the port. I'm figuring if we can't leave at 9, I'll cancel and take a shuttle that will pick me up at my house and the cost will be comparable to the rate I'm paying for us.

Hi, we are staying there precruise mid-July. When I booked I was told we would be driven to the pier whenever we want to leave. I want to be at the pier by 9:30. Do you think they will be available to take us at 9am? The reason I ask is when we cruised out of Balto. a few years ago, we stayed at a hotel with a park and cruise option. When we arrived at the hotel, they gave us a list of times they were available to take us to the port. I'm figuring if we can't leave at 9, I'll cancel and take a shuttle that will pick me up at my house and the cost will be comparable to the rate I'm paying for us.

You should call the hotel directly and ask. Folks posting on previous threads have spoken to a manager named Brian. Probably normal business hours during the week is the best time to reach someone who can give you an answer.

You should call the hotel directly and ask. Folks posting on previous threads have spoken to a manager named Brian. Probably normal business hours during the week is the best time to reach someone who can give you an answer.

Just called and they assured me that a private car will take us to the pier at 9am. Thanks.

• 5 months later...

Just did this earlier this month and it worked out great for me. Easy to find, as soon as you check in they ask you what time you want to leave for the port in the morning (and how many people are going), give you a voucher and the contact card for the limo service to call for the return trip.

The next morning the driver came into the lobby where I was waiting, took my bag out to the car, and we were on our way. The longest part of the trip was the final 3-4 blocks which had congestion and extremely long lights.

Once you return and claim your bag, call the company on the card you were given and tell them you have arrived. They pick up across the street near the taxi stand that's directly across from the exit point of the port. They double check your cell number and tell you the driver will call you directly when he is close. They told me 10-20 minutes, but he called me in 5. He asked me to walk one block down, which I did, got in, and we were on our way back to the hotel. Dropped me at my car, put my bag in the back, took the voucher (and tip) and that was that!

I went into detail because I know I was looking for such details ahead of time. I always like knowing precisely how things work when I am doing them for the first time!

The hotel room was nice. Although they advertise that they have a restaurant in the lobby with dinner hours, I went down at 7 pm and it was deserted. Nobody at a table, nobody at the waitress stand, and no sign of life in the kitchen through the pass through. Kind of spooky. There was somebody at the reception desk, but I feared if I asked if they were serving dinner he'd say it was his job to run back and cook it! Fortunately I had a bag of chips left over from lunch I had bought on the road, so that was a light supper! The breakfast buffet was very good, however.

So I'd advise bringing something to eat with you, or planning to head out in search of food. There's a huge movie theatre complex in the industrial park, so it wouldn't be a big deal to head over there for an evening's entertainment if you needed something to do.

Another hint -- absolutely opt for a porter once you grab your bag. You will easily avoid an hour in line trying to get out of there. There were literally hundreds of people waiting in line and I just followed the porter through a line and waited behind ONE person for immigration/customs. For the price of a tip ($5/bag is what I give) you're crazy not to. Was very grateful to have read that tip before I went.