NCL vs Celebrity vs RCCL

Between NCL, Royal and Celebrity

Which is your favorite cruise line & why?

Which is your least favorite cruise line & why?

Which is your favorite ship on each cruise line & why?

I've sailed on Royal Allure & Oasis and Celebrity Eclipse. I'm sailing on NCL Escape in November. I loved all 3 cruises but the Allure & Oasis have the edge over Eclipse because I enjoyed the entertainment much more on Allure & Oasis. All 3 ships were beautiful but Allure & Oasis had the promenade and Central Park.

I will post this on the 3 sites.

I have been on Celebrity Solstice and I think X is the "classiest" of the three. I love the food, the ship and the relaxing atmosphere.

I have been on the NCL Epic and I love the Cirque, la Cucina italian restaurant and their crew dancing to welcome you back after shore excursion.

I have been on RCCL Allure and Mariner and I love the promenade, the parade, and their entertainment.

I don't mind being on any ship. I think I will love it somehow.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

I can compare Oasis/allure and Escape....well sort of. I have sailed all of them all.

Escape is defiantly more crowded, in the main part of the ship. We stayed in The Haven and it was the best ever. There is more to do, more evening activities. More specialty dinning but you pay extra for that. They both have a comedy club but Escapes is also dueling piano bar if not stand up. Not a issue getting into it, unlike my experience on Allure.

Oasis and Allure definably felt more open had a much better flow. I always wonder where are all the 6k people. On Escape I knew where the people where :-)

Loved the water slides and ropes course on Escape.

We never ate in Escapes MDR only specialty and Haven. On Oasis/ Allure we ate in the MDR most nights. So not really comparing apples to apples. I heard Celebrity food blows every other line out of the water but I don't know.

Its all about what you like to do and what ship can go that the best.

We love Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. We've always had such a great time on their cruises that we've never really felt the need to look elsewhere.

We love Royal Caribbean for her big, modern ships - Oasis class and Quantum Class. We love Celebrity for her amazing itineraries and the S class ships. I would perhaps give a slight edge to Celebrity's S class ships over the Oasis class ships, since we love the contemporary look and feel. Also personally we just feel more at home on Celebrity.

Maybe my perception will change after we try out the Quantum class ships (definitely not from China). I hear that its based on Celebrity's S class ships and if that's true, I think I'll be very happy sticking to Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises.

Cheers!

Nick

Between NCL, Royal and Celebrity

Which is your favorite cruise line & why?

Which is your least favorite cruise line & why?

Which is your favorite ship on each cruise line & why?

I've sailed on Royal Allure & Oasis and Celebrity Eclipse. I'm sailing on NCL Escape in November. I loved all 3 cruises but the Allure & Oasis have the edge over Eclipse because I enjoyed the entertainment much more on Allure & Oasis. All 3 ships were beautiful but Allure & Oasis had the promenade and Central Park.

I will post this on the 3 sites.

We have been on all three lines. The food on Celebrity was quite good in the main dining room. Royal Caribbean main dining room food is a close second, with NCL last.

Specialty dining I would put NCL (Escape) first, Celebrity second and Royal last.

Best buffet would go to Celebrity hands down! Next would be NCL and last would be Royal.

Staterooms are all very nice, and with the exception of NCL Epic (terrible room layout), I don't think I could pick one over the other.

Public areas I would give a slight edge to Royal because of Central Park, with NCL second and Celebrity last.

Entertainment I would put Royal and NCL in a virtual tie and Celebrity last.

Activities I would have to say Royal and NCL again too close to call and Celebrity a distant third place.

Most crowded would be the Escape followed by the Oasis then the Silhouette.

All around service I would have Celebrity and NCL again in a too close to call tie with Royal close behind.

Favorite cruise in the order of preference would be: Escape, Getaway, Allure, Oasis, Silhouette, Epic

Although I found the Escape to be the most crowded, I would not trade all the fine dining, great service, activities, entertainment, public areas and staterooms for any of the others mentioned above with the pricing and itineraries being equal. Of course this is just my opinion.

We have sailed multiple times on all three, but have not been on NCL in ten years.

Celebrity overall is our favorite due to best food in mdr and specialty restaurants. Service is also a notch above and there are little details that make the overall experience really good like cloth towels and orchids in the public bathrooms, complimentary "welcome aboard" sparkling wine or juice etc. Only downside for us is occasional boredom on sea days as activities do not always appeal to us. Royal is much better in that regard as they have more and better things to do. Royal has the most "wow" factor in terms of ship design and amenities.

While I "never say never" we are not all that likely to return to NCL. We sailed three times with them and while none were horrible, they just did not make much of an impression on us. I do remember they had very good entertainment, especially in the main theaters and Le Bistro was a great specialty restaurant, but the included food was always mediocre at best.

We have sailed multiple times on all three, but have not been on NCL in ten years.

Celebrity overall is our favorite due to best food in mdr and specialty restaurants. Service is also a notch above and there are little details that make the overall experience really good like cloth towels and orchids in the public bathrooms, complimentary "welcome aboard" sparkling wine or juice etc. Only downside for us is occasional boredom on sea days as activities do not always appeal to us. Royal is much better in that regard as they have more and better things to do. Royal has the most "wow" factor in terms of ship design and amenities.

While I "never say never" we are not all that likely to return to NCL. We sailed three times with them and while none were horrible, they just did not make much of an impression on us. I do remember they had very good entertainment, especially in the main theaters and Le Bistro was a great specialty restaurant, but the included food was always mediocre at best.

WE are similar , its been a little more than 10 years since last NCL but will not consider another ( and this was my favorite line cruised it over a dozen times in 80's and 90's) , only did Celebrity once 5 years ago on Solstice, really beautiful ship , loved the nice quit pool area, very disappointed in entertainment. RCCL is our favorite last 5 cruises have been RCCL entertainment is main reason, also love there Grand suites which can be very reasonable if it not on Oasis and newer ships