Breakaway cabin layout question

BrewPubby

We are looking to book angle-balcony cabin 14262 on Breakaway which sleeps 3. Looking at the deck plans, it would appear the bed is by the balcony. But I read a post here that said if the cabin sleeps 3 then the bed is always by the closet. Those things contradict. Has anyone been in this cabin and can say for sure where the bed is? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are looking to book angle-balcony cabin 14262 on Breakaway which sleeps 3. Looking at the deck plans, it would appear the bed is by the balcony. But I read a post here that said if the cabin sleeps 3 then the bed is always by the closet. Those things contradict. Has anyone been in this cabin and can say for sure where the bed is? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You can always tell by looking at the deck plans. The bed is located at the widest part of the room.

You can always tell by looking at the deck plans. The bed is located at the widest part of the room.

Thanks. That was my understanding too, so that's what I did before I posted. I just wanted to clarify because I have read here that cabins that sleep 3 always have bed near the closet. That must be wrong. I appreciate the help. I just wanted to verify that the deck plans are always 100% correct as opposed to the info I got from CC. LOL

Thanks. That was my understanding too, so that's what I did before I posted. I just wanted to clarify because I have read here that cabins that sleep 3 always have bed near the closet. That must be wrong. I appreciate the help. I just wanted to verify that the deck plans are always 100% correct as opposed to the info I got from CC. LOL

The deck plans are not always correct for the Breakaway bed layout, we cruised in cabin #9710, an angled BD balcony and expected the bed to be near the sliding door according to the deck plans and it was actually next to the closet making the closet harder to access.

We just got back and had cabin 10894 & my brother & sister-in-law had 10892. Our bed was right next to the balcony and theirs was not and if you look at the deck plans, their room had the bump out in the middle so I guess that makes sense.

I just wanted to clarify because I have read here that cabins that sleep 3 always have bed near the closet.

It isn't always that simple. For BA/GA balconies (not the aft-facing), staterooms that sleep 4 will have the bed by balcony and those that sleep 3 will usually have the bed by closet. The pullman is always near the closet. However, if there is no pullman, the bed can be in either location

I just wanted to verify that the deck plans are always 100% correct as opposed to the info I got from CC. LOL

No, the deckplans are not always correct. I've found entire sections that were the opposite of the deck plans. While looking at actual photos vs. the deckplan, the indent was actually incorrect on the starboard side but correct on the port side. It was an older post so I don't remember the deck/section but I always prefer actual photos and info from people on CC who have stayed in the stateroom vs. trusting the deckplans. 99% of the time, the deckplans are correct but there have been errors found even now (years later).

The deck plans are not always correct for the Breakaway bed layout, we cruised in cabin #9710, an angled BD balcony and expected the bed to be near the sliding door according to the deck plans and it was actually next to the closet making the closet harder to access.

^^ See what I mean? :p

...but I always prefer actual photos and info from people on CC who have stayed in the stateroom vs. trusting the deckplans.

Me too, which was exactly why I made this post asking to hear from someone who had stayed in that cabin. Everyone else is just looking at it the same way I did.

Thanks for your reply. We are clearly thinking exactly the same about this.

• 4 weeks later...

We just left this cabin and I can verify that despite what the deck plans show, the bed is by the closet NOT by the balcony. (We were thrilled, since we prefer it that way.) We took a guess that it would be since the cabin sleeps 3, and we were right. Hope that helps!

I am going out on a limb here, your bed will be in your room. I don't think it will in the hallway or the room stewarts cleaning closet.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
We just left this cabin and I can verify that despite what the deck plans show, the bed is by the closet NOT by the balcony. (We were thrilled, since we prefer it that way.) We took a guess that it would be since the cabin sleeps 3, and we were right. Hope that helps!

We just booked this cabin for this November. Since you've been in it can I ask, is the balcony an angled as it shows on the deck plans? And if so, is it any bigger than a non angled balcony? There are 3 of us going & I'm hoping for a little more room to sit out there ;)

We just booked this cabin for this November. Since you've been in it can I ask, is the balcony an angled as it shows on the deck plans? And if so, is it any bigger than a non angled balcony? There are 3 of us going & I'm hoping for a little more room to sit out there ;)

There are 3 of us, too. We don't really spend much time out there, but there is room for 3. We usually pull out the little seat/foot stool thing from the cabin to use as the 3rd seat when needed instead of trying to squish a 3rd chair out there.

There are 3 of us, too. We don't really spend much time out there, but there is room for 3. We usually pull out the little seat/foot stool thing from the cabin to use as the 3rd seat when needed instead of trying to squish a 3rd chair out there.

Great idea - thanks!

• 1 year later...

We were just assigned this cabin (14262) for an upcoming cruise.  I was thrilled when I saw the angled balcony, but then I read a review complaining about noise every early morning from above.  Apparently it is the Garden Cafe and it was the servers/workers prepping from 5am on.  Has anyone else noted this that stayed in this area of the ship?  Just wondering how excited I should get... 

4 hours ago, Lovetotravel7559 said:

We were just assigned this cabin (14262) for an upcoming cruise.  I was thrilled when I saw the angled balcony, but then I read a review complaining about noise every early morning from above.  Apparently it is the Garden Cafe and it was the servers/workers prepping from 5am on.  Has anyone else noted this that stayed in this area of the ship?  Just wondering how excited I should get... 

In all honesty I heard nothing. I was nervous also but it did not bother us at all. I will say I sleep well on a cruise (better than home) for some reason so maybe that helped? But I didn't hear any noise while sleeping. Even in the cabin during the day when there would be lots of people there eating I didn't notice loud noises. Enjoy your cruise!!!