Sky walk

Pickels

Royal , Regal and Majestic, which are operated by Princess have the Skywalk . The Britannia which is also a Royal Class ship , but is operated by sister company P&O , does not .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Royal , Regal and Majestic, which are operated by Princess have the Skywalk . The Britannia which is also a Royal Class ship , but is operated by sister company P&O , does not .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

P and O don't have the skywalk.

I thought the Skywalk was super fun and it also has the best bar on the ship! At least on the Regal when I sailed a few years ago. Crazy bartenders doing their flair shows, drew huge crowds, was a ton of fun and very good drinks. Walking the Skywalk the first time was scary for me, I'm very afraid of heights! It's a bit surreal. The water fountain show though, agree with others, total waste of valuable deck space.

I thought the Skywalk was super fun and it also has the best bar on the ship! At least on the Regal when I sailed a few years ago. Crazy bartenders doing their flair shows, drew huge crowds, was a ton of fun and very good drinks. Walking the Skywalk the first time was scary for me, I'm very afraid of heights! It's a bit surreal. The water fountain show though, agree with others, total waste of valuable deck space.

Every time we sail on its Canada/NE itinerary, the water fountain seldom opens at its time schedule due to either rain or cold weather. But its location serves well as a stage during sailaway.

We were recently on the Regal. Our balcony mini suite was a few decks below it. Every time we were seated on our balcony we got a real show! Ladies wearing skirts/dresses gave us a REAL show!!!':'):')

The only problem is that the ladies who I prefer to see don't use the Skywalk.:D

The water fountain show inadvertently went off during the middle of the day when we were on the Regal last Thanksgiving. There were a few sunbathers that ended up with rather wet phones, tablets and other belongings!

My. Wife and I did rush through dinner one evening and dashed up to the top deck only to be informed that due to high winds that night, that the performance was cancelled.

The water fountain show inadvertently went off during the middle of the day when we were on the Regal last Thanksgiving. There were a few sunbathers that ended up with rather wet phones, tablets and other belongings!

My. Wife and I did rush through dinner one evening and dashed up to the top deck only to be informed that due to high winds that night, that the performance was cancelled.

Having seen a "show" or two here, I wouldn't rush through dinner to attend. It's a nice try, but no cigar on these shows for me.

Jim

We enjoyed the water show on Royal and liked the way they coordinate it with the show with music on MUTS, with the shows varying all the time. I would imagine that if you salied Royal or Regal often, they would get old; kind of like the glass blowing shows on Celebrity S class ships. To each his own.

I also love Skywalk, & think it's cool, especially when at sea. Also love the atmosphere at the Skywalk Bar; just a nice place to hang out.

After reading all the negative reviews of Royal & Regal, we were a little leery of sailing, but Royal is now my favorite Princess ship ( loved Alfredos & the Atrium!). Only thing we missed was the Terrace pool, which I see was added to Regal. Something to look forward to!

After reading all the negative reviews of Royal & Regal, we were a little leery of sailing, but Royal is now my favorite Princess ship ( loved Alfredos & the Atrium!). Only thing we missed was the Terrace pool, which I see was added to Regal. Something to look forward to!

I was the same as you & didn't like the Royal class ship at first but considering the negatives of the older ships with all of their little problems the Royal class wins hand down. :)