New posting policy on excursions ????

Regent has dropped the ball. We are on a 60 day cruise beginning on -Aug. 18th. At 240 days -nothing. Slowly, they have appeared. One port everything posted was deleted. Waited for a replacement. Nothing-so called our travel agent who in turn called regent. regent then sent an e-mail with all included shore excursions. Then tried to book online-nada! Had to call to book and was insured it was booked. Still nothing shows in our docs for that port. What gives? I hope that this is not what our cruise will be like.

Regent has dropped the ball. We are on a 60 day cruise beginning on -Aug. 18th. At 240 days -nothing. Slowly, they have appeared. One port everything posted was deleted. Waited for a replacement. Nothing-so called our travel agent who in turn called regent. regent then sent an e-mail with all included shore excursions. Then tried to book online-nada! Had to call to book and was insured it was booked. Still nothing shows in our docs for that port. What gives? I hope that this is not what our cruise will be like.

Thankfully, the onboard Regent experience is nothing like dealing with the website or Regent headquarters (although I like many people at headquarters, certain departments seem to have issues and excursions is one of them).

Hope that your end up with the excursions that you wanted!

Petunia63,

are you on the 60-day Navigator cruise starting on August 18? If so, we are too, but we did not have any problems. We booked most excursions 240 days out, except for some that came out later, but we now have them for all the ports. We recently received our pre-cruise summary and all excursions are listed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi everyone - My husband and I just booked a Mediterranean cruise on the Explorer Regent Seven Seas. My husband works for an airline and we get discounted fares through what's known as an interline agency. While checking the Regent website I saw the sentence: "Free unlimited Shore excursions are for full fare guests only." Does this mean that we don't qualify for them? I can't imagine that a lot of people pay full fare.

Any answers are appreciated!

Welcome to the Regent board. You have booked a cruise on what I feel is the best ship in the world (no - haven't sailed all ships but the ship has been billed "the most luxurious ship ever built").

Just about everyone pays full fare. However, if you take air or hotel credit, you still receive included excursions. You are paying full fare less the air/hotel options. An example of someone that does not pay full fare is a child that is taking advantage of "kids sail free".

As you will see, not all excursions are included. There are some "Regent Choice" excursions which, IMO, tend to be better than "free" excursions (that are obviously not free - they are simply included in your fare).

Enjoy every moment of your cruise:D

Note: For undersold itineraries (Alaska and the Med. have been difficult to sell lately), some TA's offer "covert fares". Those fares still include some excursions.

P.S. Hopefully you booked this through a TA that regularly books Regent cruises and that you received onboard credits and will also get a percentage of your cruise fare back. If you booked directly with Regent, you only have a short time to turn your booking over to a TA. Sometimes people new to Regent are to aware of these important items.