San Francisco Argonaut Hotel or Hyatt Centric Fisherman's Wharf

NRG

I am looking for a hotel for 2 nights precruise and these look like my best options. What do you think? BTW, visited SF years ago and stayed at the Palace Hotel. I actually want the Fisherman's Wharf area now for the precruise tourist experience :D. Thanks in advance.

I really think the Argonaut is a terrific hotel and highly recommend it.

Now some of the locals don't care for the location because it is in a touristy spot. It is but I think the hotel is super and wherever you stay hopefully you are going to get out and about and go places and from the location (true of many) you have a lot of options as to where to go. If you like to walk as we do from there you can start your day in go in one of several directions. Take a walk towards the golden gate bridge where you will see beautiful scenery and have lots to do and see. Of head over on the route that take you along bay towards Pier 39, over to the Ferry building and then even make an entire loop towards the major shopping areas around towards China Town and back to where you began. If you wanted to rent bikes right near the hotel you can do that. Want to take the trolley car it's right near you. Yes, the location is touristy but after all you are a tourist.

If you read the reviews you will see it gets high marks on Trip Advisor.

In addition to having stayed there ourselves we have recommended it to several friends and all have been happy with the recommendation.

It's unique and I like that.

Keith

Keith, thank you for your response. The Argonaut looks very nice but now I see that they charge an additional daily resort fee, increasing the price difference between the two hotels. Anyone out there have experience with the Hyatt Centric? Thanks

I am looking for a hotel for 2 nights precruise and these look like my best options. What do you think? BTW, visited SF years ago and stayed at the Palace Hotel. I actually want the Fisherman's Wharf area now for the precruise tourist experience :D. Thanks in advance.

Stayed 2 weeks ago at the Marriott Fishermans Wharf (used points). Good location, short taxi/uber to port.

Keith, thank you for your response. The Argonaut looks very nice but now I see that they charge an additional daily resort fee, increasing the price difference between the two hotels. Anyone out there have experience with the Hyatt Centric? Thanks

I would check out Trip Advisor.

I just did and there are a log of reviews on this hotel as there is on the Argronaut.

Keith