Balcony vs mini suite when traveling w/baby

lissvarna

i haven't gotten any responses yet on the family board, thought I'd try here-- mini suite will cost us, today, about $1000 more than a balcony. If it were just my partner and I, a balcony room would be fine. But we're traveling with our 1 year old and I'm wondering if the mini suite will make it easier for her to sleep, be more convenient for all our stuff etc. if so, it may be worth the $1000. But I don't want to spend that if the advantages of the minisuite are minimal, as I've read. Thoughts? (This is on an Alaskan cruise, btw).

Which ship? The mini suites on the Jewel and Dawn class ships are more spacious. If you are looking at the new Bliss next year, the rooms will be exactly the same size (just a bigger bathroom with the mini suite).

In both cases, I am not sure that it is worth $1000 unless you can get a tub.

No mention of the ship, but in most cases, it is barely bigger. Two things that MIGHT help is that there is sometimes a curtain between the sitting area and bed and usually a tub vs shower that helps with bathing for little one.

Otherwise, a mini suite is a deluxe balcony.

I was in a minisuite many years ago on the Pearl. The cabin was larger than a standard balcony, with more drawer space and a bathtub. There was a curtain which could be drawn to give baby some separate space for sleeping. The ship can provide a pack and play for the baby to sleep in.

In a regular balcony cabin, would they remove the sofa to make room for the baby's crib? Otherwise the cabin could be very cramped. You could bring a small inflatable tub for his baths (no bathtub in standard cabins), or to splash in on the balcony or pool deck.

I never cruised with a baby, but I know some who did. I'd go with the minisuite.

Sorry, this would be on the Pearl

On the Pearl definitely mini suite. You will get bathtub and curtain to separate room, plus extra room for a pack n play! (We have cruised with our son at 10 months and at just over 2 years, on next one he will be 4 and daughter will be 9 months)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk