Noise from IMAX on Vista?

flahagan

Planning to go on the Vista next spring and I'm having trouble deciding on a cabin. An agent I talked to suggested cabin 8273, which appears to be directly across from the 2nd level of the IMAX theater. I'm wondering if noise and vibration would be a problem here. Any suggestions?

Planning to go on the Vista next spring and I'm having trouble deciding on a cabin. An agent I talked to suggested cabin 8273, which appears to be directly across from the 2nd level of the IMAX theater. I'm wondering if noise and vibration would be a problem here. Any suggestions?

There are threads on this subject and yes stay away from anything near or above the Imax even the mid ship lido cabins are horrible unless you go to sleep after 130 am.

We were across from the IMax theatre and NEVER heard one sound once....so not sure what the previous posters are saying in previous posts??? We commented on how well they sound proofed the theatre as we never heard ONE SOUND!!! (and our hearing is very good too....LOL!

That is not noise in the IMAX theater. That is rich full multi-channel sound crafted by audio engineers from source to speaker to add to the IMAX image making an immersive cinema experience. The room is actively designed to allow the full bodied sound inside, but none outside that might disturb neighbors.

You should have no concern booking any cabin on the ship as far as impact by the IMAX theater.

Thanks for the replies. It seems people "expect" that there would be noise, but sounds like those who have actually stayed in a cabin near the theater didn't experience any noise. Is that about right?

That is not noise in the IMAX theater. That is rich full multi-channel sound crafted by audio engineers from source to speaker to add to the IMAX image making an immersive cinema experience. The room is actively designed to allow the full bodied sound inside, but none outside that might disturb neighbors.

You should have no concern booking any cabin on the ship as far as impact by the IMAX theater.

You are so wrong !!!!!!!!!!!

We were across from the IMax theatre and NEVER heard one sound once....so not sure what the previous posters are saying in previous posts??? We commented on how well they sound proofed the theatre as we never heard ONE SOUND!!! (and our hearing is very good too....LOL!

You need to check your hearing again.