About Me

• Interests
    rowing, reading,movies, hiking, lap swim
  • Favorite Cruise Line(s)
    Carnival, with RCCL a close 2nd
  • Favorite Cruise Destination Or Port of Call
    Costa Maya

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

crewsweeper's Achievements

20,000+ Club

20,000+ Club (11/20)

• "Live from...." Rare
  • "Live from...." Rare

Recent Badges

1. IMO, depends on the service and whether or not others are with you. We usually tip the driver $5 per person and guide $10 if separate and the tour is good. We've tipped driver/guides (which is what Rony will have) as much as $40 when it's just the 2 of us.
  2. What cruise lines? Most cruise lines stay on home port time.In Texas daylight savings time doesn't start until March 9th. So local time in Aruba will be 1 hour ahead, 9am-11pm.
  3. This!! Just let the tap run a a few seconds to clear the pipes. Not sure how larger your water container is but mine can hold enough for a week.A gallon lasts 5-6 weeks for me.
  4. Most of the scooter/golf cart rentals are just outside the port area.I would suspect e-bikes are there as well. Looking at the website, I suggest you make a reservation, then they'll provide directions.
  5. Most Royal ships I have been on have a Military/Veterans event. Sometime on the promenade (Wonder was that) sometime in the Royal Theater. But you'll get recognized as service units. Good event to attend.😃
  6. @mitsugirlythanks. Guess Cozumel Excursions was what I was remembering. I'll check out that site.
  7. @mitsugirly What is the name of the private catamaran your family used on a snorkel trip a couple of years back? I know it wasn't Fury. Was it Tucan? Looking to take BIL and SIL on an offshore snorkel excursion that's not ship related. Thanks. Crew
  8. crewsweeper

Silver

Sergio's from Taxco! On north side of Benito Juarez between Ave 5 and 10. 2 blocks inland from ferry pier. Been around forever!
  9. Look for POX, a Maya liquor, or xtabentun, which I know is available at Cinco Soles. Otherwise look for small batch mezcal like Rey Compero, Ilegal orDel Maguey
  10. crewsweeper

Shopping?

Port!! There are a few shops in Cockburntown along the street by the ocean, but nothing major.
  11. @attran99Make sure Maya Chan is open. Not sure when they reopen for fall/winter.
  12. @c-leg5I recall one out of Oak Harbor, but think it went out of business.
  13. As long as Taste of Royal can accommodate gluten free, I'd go that route. Very nicely done with lots of selections from all Royal eateries, not just the Harmony. Adding: just check with the hostess at the venue before hand to make sure they are prepared for you.

If you are already a Cruise Critic member, please log in with your existing account information or your email address and password.