cr8tiv1

Members
About Me

• Interests
    Ballroom Dancing

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

cr8tiv1's Achievements

10,000+ Club

10,000+ Club (10/20)

• Holiday Sharing Rare
  • "Live from...." Rare

Recent Badges

1. YQB is one of the worst airports to get a flight out. I booked YQB to LAX. Had wonderful connections until Air Canada/Jazz cancelled ALL morning flights. I was rebooked for a 5 PM flight with less and an hour connection through Montreal. Tried to do standby for a 3 PM flight (first on list/no room). Decided to buy my seat up front (economy) and then planned on being one of the first off the plane. It was a nightmare running through the terminal. Add Air Canada to the list of those airlines that don't allow you to get a free seat assignment until 24 hour check in. Customs and Immigration (thank you Global Entry) and then TSA. I was the last one onboard. They did know I was coming (thank you gate agents). Air Canada had a pop up warning that the connection was less than 90 minutes. EZ Air kept saying it was okay. I kept asking...what if I don't make my flight. They told me they would cross that bridge if it happened.
  2. Being elite in a suite will garner you 2 minibars. Technically 20 alcoholic mini bottles and 20 non-alcoholic drinks PLUS 2 bottles of water every night. More than enough to swap out. I have done it both ways. On my next 16 night cruise, I have Plus. I wanted my wifi (I know, cheaper with 50% elite). I pay crew appreciation, and I wanted a drink or two. Losing money but gaining convenience. Iโ€™m good with either. I donโ€™t care about the other Plus perks.
  3. I heard there was non-alcoholic beer. I do a virgin Margarita for the salt. All Daiquiris. They can make most mixed drinks without the liquor. If she has the Plus/Premier beverage package, she will be fine.
  4. On my first cruise to Alaska in July, I packed all the wrong clothes. Cold weather gear for land cruise. Warm weather gear for the ship. I had to find a place to buy shorts in Talkeetna. It was so hot, the animals wouldnโ€™t come out to play. Love you are sharing your suite with your cousin. Culture shock for sure. ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ€
  5. Now you post the link. Too late, have it downloaded to my library. But still would like a hard copy.
  6. Don't get your expectations up regarding the munchies. Do try out the canapรฉs...not for me, but you might find one or two you like. Don't fell bad about writing in/requesting anything you want. They can say no....but you might luck out. Cruising in a suite is really a game changer. I gifted myself a cruise after my divorce. Best gift ever! I've also gifted myself some nice stuff after breakups. I'm all for "me" when it is warranted.
  7. I enjoyed your other thread and looking forward to this one. You have such a "tell it like it is" attitude. Sorry about the circumstances, I know how hopeful you were after the last cruise. But you are in a suite. You are with family that loves you. You will have a great time. Enjoy yourself this week since you don't know when you will be cruising again.
  8. If I do not book Plaza Deck, I will choose the deck below Lido aft inside, to be near the Terrace Deck. Great little open space rarely used.
  9. I was able to use the QR code and download it to my computer. But when I tried to print out specific ship deck plans....I kept getting errors. For instance, Caribbean Princess Deck Plans start on page 128. But to print/save, you have to add 3 pages and start at 131. So painful.
  10. I wonder if ships will also have these available. Thank you. Is this webinair on YouTube?
  11. Dealing with Delta through EZ Air. I was allowed to pick seat in Business Class when I created my booking. I did investigate the option of booking PE and then using points to move into Business Class (Delta One). There is a disclaimer on their website that says you may or may not be allowed to upgrade. It had something to do with class of service coding. That's as far as I could go without trying to make the change. The site did say that there would be a pop up offering you the "opportunity"... Decided to leave well enough alone and keep my booking through EZ AIr. I am not familiar enough with Delta to their ins/outs.
  12. I am also curious about this. I already have 2025/2026 cruises booked before "window". Does this mean that I will be excluded from this guarantee? I guess I always have the option to refare if the price drops. My category is already sold out so I would not risk the chance of cancelling and rebooking specific cabin.
  13. What did you like about the other cruise lines? Besides the pricing, what makes you want to consider Princess again? What are your expectations? I have tried some of the other lines. I like the Princess brand for the balance between fares and excellent service. I will not take a cruise on the Royal or Sphere class ships. Just personal preference. My cruise days are numbered since I am aging, my ships are disappearing, and I donโ€™t care to travel far distances. Princess is comfortable. The service is above the norm. I can always find something to eat. Princess has changed: some for the better, some they did not think through, and some they should have left alone. The only way you will know if Princess is a good fit for you is to pick a destination and book a cruise. โ€œCriticsโ€ will always ring louder than those of us who are happy with Princess.
  14. On the Grand/Caribbean Princess ships, there is a table near the exit door that will have water and canned soda. If you have a medallion, they will scan it. If you have Plus or Premier, it won't cost you anything and doesn't count against your 15 alcoholic drinks. Often the water is chilled. For the sake of convenience, I find it easier to grab a bottle from the bar the night before. Then when I am preparing for the day, I include the water in my carry off bag. Otherwise, you are struggling with your medallion, crowds of people, and no hands free.
  15. IF...she was able to independently get on and off the tender in the Caribbean, it should be the same. IF... she is able to navigate the unsteadiness of the loading platform by herself, she should be fine. (They will assist but not "carry" her onboard.) IF...the wheelchair can collapse, they will load it on/off to the tender. There is an elevator from deck 4 to the loading platform.
ร—
ร—