About Me

• Favorite Cruise Line(s)
    P&O

Recent Profile Visitors

5,980 profile views

AndyMichelle's Achievements

5,000+ Club

5,000+ Club (4/15)

1. It was offered almost right up to sailing on our personaliser, but I didn't see if it was offered on board. The queue at Brodies on the first day to sign up for it was huge, so might be worth booking before. Just a note on the drinks package, I don't think any of the 7 of us who have travelled would have got any value from it, and we seem to be drinking loads. Most beers around a fiver and most cocktails £7.50, a bottle of the wine we like is £25, so buying as you go has given us the flexibility we like. Andy
  2. Damian has kindly answered this, you will need to be served the drinks and it's very limited. Andy
  3. Yes, seems to be. You definitely can when first boarding. I think if you buy it in port, they 'can' hold it for you until the end of the cruise, but that doesn't seem to be being enforced. Andy
  4. Our loo seat definitely isn't yellow, (yet) 😊 To me the ship feels brand new, 95% of carpets and furnishings have been updated, lots of new varnish and paint. They are still touching up cabin doors and painting around the lifeboats. While I am typing this, I am looking at a mark on my cabin ceiling that I hadn't noticed before, so thanks for that😂 All in all, she is in great condition. Andy
  5. That's definitely the prices we have been paying. Just spoke to a beverage manager, he said he is unaware of any upcoming price rises, but described himself as a ' mushroom', so wouldn't be told anyway😂🍄. Andy
  6. So drink prices are creeping up, but definitely not jumping up. A pint that I think was £5.10 last year is now £5.30, so not enough to break the bank. I can still get a pina colada for £7.50, cheaper than many land based outlets. Andy
  7. Independently, just walked across to the cabin outside the port, got tickets, straight onto the bus and was there in no time. It was a clear, bright morning so we went early, glad we did, absolutely no queues. By the time we left, big queues had formed and the weather was turning a bit. It was £58 each, still not cheap but much better value than P&O and worth every penny. Buses run every 15 minutes, so the risk of not getting back to the ship on time is miniscule, you could walk back in about half an hour I suppose. Andy
  8. We boarded last Friday 26th. There was absolutely no chance of jumping the queue, but we have since found out there was a problem with the air bridge and the passengers from the coaches etc were waiting inside. They did say they always try get people through ASAP but we saw people waiting from before 12 for 3.30 boarding... By all means try, but just be prepared to wait outside, standing up. Andy
  9. Yes, in Olden now, it's beautiful. Been up the Loen Skylift this morning, it was sensational. Some of us trekked a bit up the top, then ended up sliding part way down on our backsides... Don't ask😊 Was going to walk out to the turquoise lake this afternoon, but opted for a pint on board as pretty shattered, with wet pants😂 Andy
  10. Just a note on the food. Most of it has been quite good, especially breakfast and lunch. The evening meals have been OK, some good, some not so. I listened to all these people who kindly reminded us that us meat eaters can eat vegan food, I wasn't aware😂 I tried Marcos Leek & Potato presse, it was absolutely rank, almost inedible. It was just layers of leek, served with a side of red onion!!! It was overcooked and difficult to cut, let alone eat... Our GF vegetarian companion has been very well looked after with plenty of choice, both in the MDR and buffet, although some of the meals have been hit and miss. We have given up on the desserts, they are either tasteless, too dry or both. I have been sticking to the ice cream. All in all though, the food offering has been more than adequate. Ray Quinn in the Limelight tonight, so looking forward to that. I hope you are all well? Andy
  11. Steve Terry. Started off with a load of misogynistic jokes, nobody laughed so he went into a barrage of 1 liners that were so old the audience were shouting out the answers... I like corny old jokes, but he was really scraping the barrel. Andy
  12. Right, as people who have gathered so much information from various loggers, it would be hypocritical for me to now condemn them. I do wonder about privacy etc, but have been fortunate enough to not encounter any that have caused me any issues. I am grateful of any information we can gather before we travel, so appreciate their work. We were actually pleased to spot ourself on one of the videos. I totally understand the other point of view, but our experience is that they are more use to us than a hindrance. Andy
  13. So, just a quick update. Having a fantastic time, Stavangar today. Food has been good so far, comedian was rubbish, Privateers were great. Thermal suite is closed for the whole cruise, no real explanation why, but full refund and & £40 credit towards massage etc. I will post menus etc later. Andy
  14. We actually didn't have a hairdryer, had to ask at reception. The one the gave us wasn't new, but worked fine. In fairness, Michelle has always found them OK on Britannia, so no major issues. Andy