Need link to American and EU "version" of ncl.com

TrumpyNor

I live in Europe (Norway), but have since 2008 for various reasons always used my US based PCC when booking cruises with NCL. For that reason I always had a link to the American NCL page where I was able to check cruise prices listed in US dollars, and another link to the EU branch of NCL that listed the prices in Euros. I just got a new computer, and in the process I have "lost" the two NCL links mentioned above, and no matter how "smart" I try to be when searching for ncl.com on my new computer, I just can't seem to avoid to get "rerouted" to the Norwegian NCL-page, since I obviously live in Norway.

So I am hoping that someone can provide me with the links I need. The "clue" is that it has to be links to a "sub-page" on ncl.com, and not the front page (as the front page just will re-route med to the Norwegian front page of ncl.com).

I am keeping my fingers crossed.....!

Edited by TrumpyNor

I am having the same problem accessing the US site from Canada. all we get is NCL.com.ca. I read somewhere that if you have a VPN you can access sites which do not use your IP country for their site.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am having the same problem accessing the US site from Canada. all we get is NCL.com.ca. I read somewhere that if you have a VPN you can access sites which do not use your IP country for their site.

I actually have VPN from work installed on my new computer, but also there it redirects me to ncl.com.no..... :(

I actually have VPN from work installed on my new computer, but also there it redirects me to ncl.com.no..... :(

So much for that suggestion. i was going to try it on my Hubbys work laptop. Will be interested to hear if you succeed in bypassing it. Since they brought in the Canada at Par fares I am very interested in being able to compare US to Cdn.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think the problem is the new ncl page. With the old page you could search google for a ncl.com undersite for example with the ships. Then your are on the ship page of ncl.com/........... an could use the complete ncl.com site. with the new ncl site this doesn´t work.

i tested it with a us proxy, it worked that i came to ncl.com but i can´t use the search engine.

I think the problem is the new ncl page. With the old page you could search google for a ncl.com undersite for example with the ships. Then your are on the ship page of ncl.com/........... an could use the complete ncl.com site. with the new ncl site this doesn´t work.

i tested it with a us proxy, it worked that i came to ncl.com but i can´t use the search engine.

Like I stated in my initial post, I did actually have links both to the US page and the EU page on my old computer, and I used them without any problems as late as last week. But they were direct links to "sub-pages" instead of the front page so I didn't need to google them, and I believe that is the difference. Maybe they only worked because I had them as "favorites" in my browser for a long time, at least for a couple of years, probably even longer than that....

Edited by TrumpyNor

The issue is likely by design. The webpage most likely uses your IP address to determine where in the world you are and presents you with your local version of the ncl page. To get around this you can likely use one of the anonymizer services on the web to make it look like you're coming from a US based IP address which would give you the US page.

I had the same issue with Google when I was in Amsterdam. It kept sending me to the Holland version of google and giving me results in Dutch! I had to use my work VPN (which is US based) to make it look like I was in the US to get results I could actually understand!

Edited by hinote88

I think Steff is right Trumpy, the trick doesn't work anymore.

I used http://www.ncl.com/jade for example but it too redirects me to the EU version.

edit: I got it to work with the Hola extension for Chrome, a free and simple browser plugin which lets you select an US flag and set "browsing from". Hope that makes sense. :)

Edited by FreestyleNovice

I think Steff is right Trumpy, the trick doesn't work anymore.

I used http://www.ncl.com/jade for example but it too redirects me to the EU version.

And your link redirects me to the NO (Norway) version and not the EU version.... So it obviously doesn't work anymore. Bummer....! I thought it still might work since it did on my old computer last week... Well, well - it is what it is, and probably nothing to do about it.... :mad:

Here's a quick step by step:

1. Use/download Chrome as a browser

2. Open Settings, go to Extensions, search for Hola. Install the Hola! Free unlimited VPN extension. It looks a bit cheap but it works great, no costs or annoying things.

3. Make sure the little flame icon from Hola is on your upper right corner of Chrome. Browse to NCL.com as you would normally, Hola will open and select the US flag and all should work!

4. You might want to switch off the extension when not needed, I did not read the fine print.. :) Might slow down any traffic, follow or log your visits etc.. :P

2. Open Settings, go to Extensions, search for Hola. Install the Hola! Free unlimited VPN extension. It looks a bit cheap but it works great, no costs or annoying things.

3. Make sure the little flame icon from Hola is on your upper right corner of Chrome. Browse to NCL.com as you would normally, Hola will open and select the US flag and all should work!

4. You might want to switch off the extension when not needed, I did not read the fine print.. :) Might slow down any traffic, follow or log your visits etc.. :P

Thank you so much for your help!!! I will give this a try tomorrow.

Awesome, that worked. Now I can compare US and CAD prices.

Awesome, that worked. Now I can compare US and CAD prices.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work for meg. Even though it comes up with the US flag and a "box" that states that it is "browsing from USA" I still get redirected to the Norwegian NCL webpage. But maybe now, if someone can be so nice to give me eg. an American link to ncl, so that I can try it using a direct link, it will work.....

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work for meg. Even though it comes up with the US flag and a "box" that states that it is "browsing from USA" I still get redirected to the Norwegian NCL webpage. But maybe now, if someone can be so nice to give me eg. an American link to ncl, so that I can try it using a direct link, it will work.....

Hm, seems to be giving me trouble today too.. NCL isn't reading along are they? :P

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/joy/deck-plans should "open as US", displaying a 1.xxx telephone number.

So I am hoping that someone can provide me with the links I need. The "clue" is that it has to be links to a "sub-page" on ncl.com, and not the front page (as the front page just will re-route med to the Norwegian front page of ncl.com).

I am keeping my fingers crossed.....!

Although it doesn't sound like a sub-page will work anymore, here is one to try. https://www.ncl.com/vacations/#filter-expanded Good luck!

Although it doesn't sound like a sub-page will work anymore, here is one to try. https://www.ncl.com/vacations/#filter-expanded Good luck!

No, this link didn't work - meaning it still redirected me to the Norwegian webpage, automatically putting the "no" for Norway after ncl.com/". But thank you for trying to help!

This used to work. I have no way of testing it now since I am in the US but you might give it a try.

https://www2.ncl.com/login

It opens the login screen, where you can login if you wish but don't have to. Just don't go back to the main page.

Amazing - it actually worked!!!! I had to try several times, having the Hola VPN on with the US flag in the upper right corner, and after 3-4 times where the browser just was "going and going" without giving any results on the link, then "suddenly" I was in.... Being persistend paid of....! :D:D:D

Thank you to all of you who tried to help!

Edited by TrumpyNor

Hola isn't completely foolproof, as you have discovered. Even if you manage to get the US site, you will probably find that as you click around, some links will still take you back to your localized (Norway) website. Playing around with your Chrome content settings (deleting cookies and location info etc.) can help in some cases.

Amazing - it actually worked!!!! I had to try several times, having the Hola VPN on with the US flag in the upper right corner, and after 3-4 times where the browser just was "going and going" without giving any results on the link, then "suddenly" I was in.... Being persistend paid of....! :D:D:D

Thank you to all of you who tried to help!

Ditto! Just took awhile. Ty all!

So glad I found this thread, as I was having the same issues. I live in Canada, but book my cruises in the U.S. and pay U.S. dollars. I don't want the stupid Canadian site, but as of a week or two ago, that's all I can get. And, I have a U.S. vpn, but it still directs me to the Canadian site.

For the record, I emailed NCL about this, and have heard nothing back. RCL, Expedia and some other sites take me to a Cdn. page, but all have the option of clicking somewhere on the home page to see U.S. page and/or listings in U.S. dollars. Not sure why NCL doesn't give this option, but I'd love to find out.

Going to try Hola with the link -- thank you!