Alfredo's on the Royal

riclop

Originally posted by 'juakkers' on the LIVE thread...

232323232%7Ffp54433%3Enu%3D32%3C%3A%3E63%3A%3E574%3EWSNRCG%3D3753729747329nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp734%3B6%3Enu%3D32%3C%3A%3E63%3A%3E574%3EWSNRCG%3D37536%3B7%3A96329nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp54359%3Enu%3D32%3C%3A%3E63%3A%3E574%3EWSNRCG%3D375372974%3B329nu0mrj

As promised, here are some photos of the new Alfredo's menus on the Royal.

It has the same ambience as the Alfredo's on the grand but is quite a lot bigger. We sat at a lovely table for two, looking out at the sea. The service was excellent (as it was everywhere on the Royal)

As for the food - I'm afraid we didn't try any of the antipasto, as although I would have loved to, we were just too full!

I had the eggplant and angel hair pasta dish. This was very similar to the Eggplant Parmigana that you get in the MDR, but stuffed with pasta. It was delicious, but quite small and I would have said it was more of an appetiser than an entree (you can always get two!)

DH had the pizza Royal Princess, and professed that too to be excellent.

No room for dessert, but the table next to us had the tiramisu, which looked like a big square version of the one you get in the little glasses in the IC

It's made me hungry just writing this - wish I was still on that boat!!

Julie

Many thanks Dave!!!

You're welcome! And it's all included at no additional charge (except the Sangria and other drinks! ;)). I can see me eating here many times during the two weeks I am on her!!!

Also, just in case anyone missed it from the other threads, here are menus from the Bellini bar, and the surcharge venues of Fondue's, The Crab Shack, and the Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar. Already have them listed on my '2-week Dining Guide'. :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39022366&postcount=5780

Edited by dmwnc1959

...a complete list of all of the eating venues on Royal Princess:

Included in cruise fare ('free' places) to eat:

- Allegro, Concerto, and Symphony Main Dining Rooms

- Alfredo's (expanded and enhanced menu)

- Trident Grill (with additional evening Smokehouse BBQ dining options)

- Prego (pizza)

- Swirls (ice cream)

- The expansive and enlarged Horizon Court

- Horizon Bistro

- The Pastry Shop

- Outrigger Bar

- International Cafe

Venues that have surcharge items include:

- Sabatini's

- Crown Grill

- Gelato

- Tea Tower at International Cafe (?)

- The Crab Shack in Horizon Court

- Fondues in Horizon Court

- Princess Live! Cafe

- Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar in the Atrium

- Vines for tapas and sushi (requires beverage purchase)

- Treats at Celebrations

And a link Pam pointed out covering these in more detail

http://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Royal-Princess-Offers-Dining-Options-for-Every-Craving.html#.UdpAHKa9LCQ

You're welcome! And it's all included at no additional charge (except the Sangria and other drinks! ;)). I can see me eating here many times during the two weeks I am on her!!!

Also, just in case anyone missed it from the other threads, here are menus from the Bellini bar, and the surcharge venues of Fondue's, The Crab Shack, and the Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar. Already have them listed on my '2-week Dining Guide'. :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39022366&postcount=5780

Thanks for the reminder Dave, that Ocean Terrace menu looks great.

Thanks for the reminder Dave, that Ocean Terrace menu looks great.

Hi Benny!

I think it ALL looks delicious! I have Alfredo's on my list 4x; the Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar 2x; Wine Makers Table, Sabatini's, and Crown Grill 1x each; The Crab Shack and Fondues 2x each; pit stops at The Pastry Shop for a snack 5x; the Pub Lunches (both Sea Day and Port Day versions) 4x; Trident Grill Smokehouse BBQ 1x; and the International Cafe, Gelato's, Outrigger Bar (for Mexican food), Vines (tapas and sushi), and every other place from the Main Dining Rooms to Room Service and anything in between. Maybe I should get that tuxedo with stretchy pants. lol :D

Hey Dave, you really do plan ahead. My partner doesn't like to over plan what to do on the ship until we're on it and even then we just wing it. However, I like your list, that way you don't anything.

Dave, I just finished breakfast and I can hardly wait for our family to try out the Ocean Terrace! Between the Oysters, Ahi Tuna Poke, Sashimi....we will be a happy well fed family!! I believe Alfredo's will also be another favourite! It confirms our decision to try out the Anytime Dining on this cruise. Your posted menus even make our trip seem more real! 8 more sleeps until we fly out of Calgary enroute to Frankfurt and then on to Venice for a couple of days pre-cruise. I CAN HARDLY WAIT (and this will be our 4th Med cruise!! RCCL Splendour, RCCL Brilliance, Celebrity Equinox and now the Royal Princess.) I will be sure to post a review and my thoughts compared to the other cruise lines.

Hey Dave, you really do plan ahead. My partner doesn't like to over plan what to do on the ship until we're on it and even then we just wing it. However, I like your list, that way you don't anything.

I really only started this level of 'planning' last year for Allure of the Seas. For the following week on Ruby Princess I had a completely blank slate. I'm guessing that for the two weeks I am on Royal Princess I don't want to come away having missed something. Hopefully the first cruisers in the Caribbean can scan the Platters so I can get an idea of the entertainment options they'll have for the 7-night cruises out of Fort Lauderdale.

Dave, I just finished breakfast and I can hardly wait for our family to try out the Ocean Terrace! Between the Oysters, Ahi Tuna Poke, Sashimi....we will be a happy well fed family!! I believe Alfredo's will also be another favourite! It confirms our decision to try out the Anytime Dining on this cruise. Your posted menus even make our trip seem more real! 8 more sleeps until we fly out of Calgary enroute to Frankfurt and then on to Venice for a couple of days pre-cruise. I CAN HARDLY WAIT (and this will be our 4th Med cruise!! RCCL Splendour, RCCL Brilliance, Celebrity Equinox and now the Royal Princess.) I will be sure to post a review and my thoughts compared to the other cruise lines.

I have the 5:30pm early dining for the first half of my B2B in the MDR and then for the second half will pretty much skip the MDR all together in favor of the many other options. Lots to choose from and so many new venues to experience!

I look forward to your review, especially the gastronomic aspects of it! ;)

Have a GREAT cruise!!! :D

Looking forward to your review and comp:)

Are you going to do a live from???

I really only started this level of 'planning' last year for Allure of the Seas. For the following week on Ruby Princess I had a completely blank slate. I'm guessing that for the two weeks I am on Royal Princess I don't want to come away having missed something. Hopefully the first cruisers in the Caribbean can scan the Platters so I can get an idea of the entertainment options they'll have for the 7-night cruises out of Fort Lauderdale.

I have the 5:30pm early dining for the first half of my B2B in the MDR and then for the second half will pretty much skip the MDR all together in favor of the many other options. Lots to choose from and so many new venues to experience!

I look forward to your review, especially the gastronomic aspects of it! ;)

Have a GREAT cruise!!! :D

LOL, if I had to plan to that level it wouldn't be a vacation or hubby wouldn't want to go with me anymore...okay I guess he would handle it is it was food related:rolleyes::eek:

Looking forward to your review and comp:)

Are you going to do a live from???

Hi Julia,

As much as I would love to do a live from.....I am travelling with Dh and Teenage Ds & Dd. I do not for-see much self time during our voyage. We tend to be quite active, and IF I am lucky to have some down time, it will probably be with a great novel sitting on my aft balcony (R731 BIG BALCONY :) watching the wake....perhaps with a nice glass of champagne or wine......

Hi Benny!

I think it ALL looks delicious! I have Alfredo's on my list 4x; the Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar 2x; Wine Makers Table, Sabatini's, and Crown Grill 1x each; The Crab Shack and Fondues 2x each; pit stops at The Pastry Shop for a snack 5x; the Pub Lunches (both Sea Day and Port Day versions) 4x; Trident Grill Smokehouse BBQ 1x; and the International Cafe, Gelato's, Outrigger Bar (for Mexican food), Vines (tapas and sushi), and every other place from the Main Dining Rooms to Room Service and anything in between. Maybe I should get that tuxedo with stretchy pants. lol :D

Only 5x for the Pastry Shop. :eek: I plan to start and end my day there.:D:D:D

LOL, if I had to plan to that level it wouldn't be a vacation or hubby wouldn't want to go with me anymore...okay I guess he would handle it is it was food related:rolleyes::eek:

The expansive dining options was the main reason I booked another week on Royal Princess. Right after the

was released I booked the December 1st leg of my B2B. I have a list of every venue and want to make sure I eat in all of them at least once so that I can write a nice review when I get back.

Only 5x for the Pastry Shop. :eek: I plan to start and end my day there.:D:D

I definitely want to scope out the morning breakfast options up there. I've seen some pictures on Instagram and other social networks that look really tasty!

My mouth is watering at the thought of Pizza Tarantina. Tasty.gif

I want to make sure I eat at least one kind of every pizza on that menu as they all sound amazing! YUM!!!

We were on the Royal last week and we ate at Alfredo's one evening. The pizza at the poolside grill is MUCH better than the pizza at Alfredo's. We had intended to eat there a couple times but were not that happy with it so only ate there once.

Now the Pastry Shop....AMAZING!

The set up of the Horizon Court and the Horizon Bistro is wonderful. The selections are fantastic.

Hi There

We ate there a couple of times food was excellent however Alfredo was there

yours Shogun

Hi Shogun!

So the big pizza boss was onboard too! Wow. Very cool! I'm sure opinions of the pizza aboard Royal Princess, as on all Princess ships, will vary with the 'eater'. Last year on Ruby Princess I thought the pizza from Prego was akin to cardboard box pizza from a local gas convenience store. Same goes for the goodies at the International Cafe even though everyone raved about it. I'm sure I'll go through the entire Alfredo's menu while I'm on Royal Princess during that two weeks I'm on her and will report back from St. Thomas (both times;)) when I have a decent phone/internet connection. :D

• 1 year later...
Is this Alfredo menu posted the same as on other ships? (i.e. the Grand?)
This menu is only for the Royal and Regal. Alfredo's on the Grand and Sapphire only offer pizzas. I believe that is the same if it is offered at lunch on the Coral and Island. I have not seen posts of any other ships offering Alfredo's style pizza.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app