Just book Caribbean Princess room B750

wickedhangover

First Princess cruise. We're diamond guests on Carnival but have decided to move onto Princess because the Carnival itineraries are horrible.

14 day Christmas/New Years cruise for 2017, anything we should know?

Did we pick a good room?

Any help for a "not so newby" would be appreciated.

First Princess cruise. We're diamond guests on Carnival but have decided to move onto Princess because the Carnival itineraries are horrible.

14 day Christmas/New Years cruise for 2017, anything we should know?

Did we pick a good room?

Any help for a "not so newby" would be appreciated.

You've selected one of the best rooms. We've sailed aft suites on other princess ships and have loved them. We have B752, the aft port balcony on the Circle Caribbean Holiday 2017 cruise on the Caribbean Princess. It will be our first time in a balcony room and not a full suite. But since it's a holiday trip the suites were just insanely expensive. Normally suites on princess are a really great value compared to other lines in terms of square footage.

In pricing other lines I've usually found I get the most sq ft for my money on princess. Private space is my number one priority.

At just under 280 sq ft the room size should be fine. I will seriously miss the Suite bathroom though. Balcony rooms have only a notoriously small shower stall. A comedian on our last cruise suggested you soap the walls and spin to get clean. :D

I will go into it having low expectations of the bathroom. But those aft views will be amazing! And that's what it's all about for me.

You will love it. Happy sailing

This cabin (and B751) are my least favorite of the Baja aft cabins because of the beam smack in the middle of the balcony. The best (IMO) are corner cab ins B748 & B749, because the balcony railing wraps around so you have a clear view to the side as well as the aft. And no beam! Next I'd go with B754 & B755.

Here's a link to an aft photo of CB, with cabin numbers marked. This might give you a better idea of the amount of blockage caused by the beams.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ko686IOnPOI/UXr7Um9sHII/AAAAAAAAA9s/KtWaVBPCpNs/w851-h638/Aft+Balconies+-+Caribbean+Princess.jpg

We've done two cruises in CB Baja aft cabins and have two more in January. Love the aft!

Can anyone tell me on the dolphin deck do the suite and balcony next to it have connecting balconies? Also what is that space in between can guests get out to it? Trying to pick a cabin and worried about smoke from that area if it is free to other guests.

I was not referring to smoking on the balconies as i know that is not allowed...i was referring to the open space on the dolphin deck. It has a suite on each end and a balcony next to it...in between is open deck space with a door...so i am wondering if it is generic open deck space where people can get to...if so people will try to smoke there. ..seen people smoking on the wrong side of ship on promenade, lido you name it while at sea. ..i wasn't asking about smoking in the balcony as we are non smokers and our friends who would be next to us are also non smokers but more worried about people smoking on "open deck" space near our balconies.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Edited by cruzrbachoua

This is not strictly relevant to the OP, but people will run across this thread until the end of time. This is just to point out that smoke can indeed come up to a balcony depending on where your cabin is.

On our cruise from SF to Hawaii and back on the Grand (which is ending for us tomorrow), DW and I have used our mini-suite balcony (D204) less than we'd planned because smoke from the Promenade deck comes *directly* up to our balcony. There is an ashtray on the wall of deck 7, right below our balcony, which apparently serves as an invitation to smoke. ;)

With the weird things that have happened on this trip and some weather, there have been several occasions when the promenade has been closed to guests, which has meant we have been able to fully enjoy the balcony during that time. We would definitely do a Dolphin deck mini-suite again -- the extra space has been great over two weeks -- but not D204. We liked being aft on prior cruises and we'll probably go back to that.