Anyone else hearing that starting 7/1 C&A Sav Certs will no longer be allowed w/NC

I thought this deserved it's own thread. I have read this from several posters recently (on threads that started out on completely different topics).

Here are a couple of examples from a recent thread:

I was informed by RCCL today that from July 1st you will no longer be able to combine C&A coupons with NextCruise OBC.

I was told the same thing as the above poster.....starting July 1st:( :eek:

And this is the one that concerns me the most:

For what it's worth, I was on AOS last month and booked a future cruise with the loyalty ambassador while on-board. She told me that RCI was going to start implementing a policy of allowing only one discount per-booking. I asked her to clarify and she said that sometime in the near future you would no longer be able to combine your future cruise OBC, coupons, stock discounts, balcony discounts, etc, You were going to have to choose one and that was it. I know that various parts of the organization often have different answers to the same question, I'm just passing on what was conveyed to me first-hand.

I realize at this point it is all hearsay and conjecture but with so many different people reporting hearing the same thing I thought it warranted discussion.

Since it seems the revenue department has been running the show for a while, the odds are good those are true statements. They've been going that way with the last few promotions. You can't combine anything with anything.

In these tough times, the only way we are going on RCI again is by using my frequent flyer miles, our Royal Caribbean credit card points, and C&A or other coupon. We prefer RCI, but there are better deals elsewhere if you can't use all your credits. We know cruising is probably still the best deal out there, but if you just don't have the cash it doesn't matter.

I couldn't agree with you more Patty! It's one thing to say only 1 coupon per sailing since the coupons are pure perks anyway. But shareholders had to outlay their money to purchase. If they can't use the benefit, then there's no point in owning. I realize money is tight for the cruise companies....as it is for the cruise going public. But if they keep making all of these changes, they'll lose their loyal customers.

If this does become their policy...........they might be losing a lot of shareholders!

It would be highly unlikely to have a measurable impact on the stock, but if it did it would most likely be a favorable impact as the move would increase revenues.

Just when I come back to RCCL after nine years of sailing with the competition!!

I am a shopper, searching out all of those discounts and being able to apply them ALL makes me happy!! :D

Keep our fingers crossed that these rumors are not true.

IMHO....if they are going to do away with all the benefits now available for being a C&A member.....................then why worry if you are Platinum, Diamond or Diamond+.

I always was under the assumption that the more loyal to Royal you were.............the more Royal was going to be loyal to you with all the added benefits.:(

I can understand limiting it to one discount, but throwing in OBC from outside sources doesn't make sense. This seems to be a topic with not a lot of legs to stand on. Remember months ago when a CC poster was adamant about C&A levels increasing within weeks not months. Well it's going on many, many months and no changes have been made to that programme.

OP, not sure why you want to get people riled up on this subject.

Well.. if it is true, then I'll be researching other lines (that actually allow their prices to be discounted). I love Royal's ships, crew, etc.. but they are not always the cheaper option. The small C&A perks, etc. that we get is what keeps us sailing with them.

We just got off the Sovereign and booked more cruises and went to the Diamond/Platinum party. The LA talked with us a lot while booking the cruises and also spoke at length at the party. Nothing at all was said about any type of changes.

I am not going to let something bother me until it becomes fact. Too many times rumors get out of control here only to find out that is exactly what they were - rumors. When I get notified by Royal that these changes are in effect, I will believe it, until then, just going to keep booking away!

I think shareholder benefit will remain as separate , as it is through RCL investments,not the cruise line.

Also, the credit card benefits are from B of A, not RCCL.

Someone heard something about discounts and now all perks are being loaded in.

And, this is nothing new. We've been told before you can't use muliple discounts. Maybe they are going to actually start implementing this.

This is just like the C&A levels. Let's see how many people we get upset over a rumor.

Somebody on another forum posted that the LA had also told her that she was no longer allowed to book a single person on a Next Cruise if they were currently booked as a couple. Well, guess what - it was the same LA who told the same false story to the passengers on the Serenade Hawaii last fall; she's just been transferred to another ship.:mad:

So, unless I'm dealing with the two LAs with whom I have 5 years of cruising experience (Danney League and Deborah Gorman), I tend to be very skeptical of "news" coming from that source.

All of which windup leads me to believe this rumor when it's actually implemented and not worry about it until then. Although I am going to make sure that my shareholder credits are applied to all of my upcoming cruises!

Well.. if it is true, then I'll be researching other lines (that actually allow their prices to be discounted). I love Royal's ships, crew, etc.. but they are not always the cheaper option. The small C&A perks, etc. that we get is what keeps us sailing with them.

With who? Princess? Is that why all of their prices seem to be higher than RCI? It's just the markup that TA's can discount so you feel like you're getting a deal when you really aren't?

I hate all the lies

The original post was about coupons.

I read many posts about stock benefits and credit card point certificates. Both are not coupons but are for on board credit once a cruise is booked. Perhaps that distinction will matter.

M

IMHO, RCCL came up with the Next Cruise progam offering OBC as a perk in order to get you to book another cruise for the future with a reduced deposit. Saving certificates are issued to help book slow selling cruises. Why not make it more advantageous for someone to combine both. I think Royal makes more money on somebody's Seapass bill than they do on the cruise fare. If I was RCCL I would want a ship at capacity buying drinks,pics, etc. rather than one at 70% buying the same. Plus they are going to sail using fuel ,food, help's wages reguardless if the ship is full or not.

IMHO, RCCL came up with the Next Cruise progam offering OBC as a perk in order to get you to book another cruise for the future with a reduced deposit. Saving certificates are issued to help book slow selling cruises. Why not make it more advantageous for someone to combine both. I think Royal makes more money on somebody's Seapass bill than they do on the cruise fare. If I was RCCL I would want a ship at capacity buying drinks,pics, etc. rather than one at 70% buying the same. Plus they are going to sail using fuel ,food, help's wages reguardless if the ship is full or not.

You make an extremely good point...Makes sense.:D

The OP stated that C&A savings certificates would no longer be used with a NextCruise!!!!

And I for one know firsthand about this, because I argued with the coupon dept. for 3 days regarding just this above statement. I submitted my savings certificate to be used along with a Next Cruise and the coupon dept. kept denying it. "Said you can't use a savings certificate since you already have an OBC":eek:

On the 3 day (3rd attempt) I got a different C&A rep and she said fax it to her and she would take it to their resolution dept., because that rule will not go into effect until July 1st.

The original post was about coupons.

I read many posts about stock benefits and credit card point certificates. Both are not coupons but are for on board credit once a cruise is booked. Perhaps that distinction will matter.

M

No it wasn't. Here's the OP/

"I thought this deserved it's own thread. I have read this from several posters recently (on threads that started out on completely different topics).

Here are a couple of examples from a recent thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by c-leg5 viewpost.gif

I was informed by RCCL today that from July 1st you will no longer be able to combine C&A coupons with NextCruise OBC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruizinmimi viewpost.gif

I was told the same thing as the above poster.....starting July 1st:( :eek:

And this is the one that concerns me the most:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtonra viewpost.gif

For what it's worth, I was on AOS last month and booked a future cruise with the loyalty ambassador while on-board. She told me that RCI was going to start implementing a policy of allowing only one discount per-booking. I asked her to clarify and she said that sometime in the near future you would no longer be able to combine your future cruise OBC, coupons, stock discounts, balcony discounts, etc, You were going to have to choose one and that was it. I know that various parts of the organization often have different answers to the same question, I'm just passing on what was conveyed to me first-hand.

I realize at this point it is all hearsay and conjecture but with so many different people reporting hearing the same thing I thought it warranted discussion."

OP, not sure why you want to get people riled up on this subject.
Let's see how many people we get upset over a rumor.

Oh, dear. I’ve been outed. After nearly 5 years posting on these boards someone has finally uncovered my sinister plot. :rolleyes:

Remember months ago when a CC poster was adamant about C&A levels increasing within weeks not months. Well it's going on many, many months and no changes have been made to that programme.
Sure do. But then I’m still not convinced that this won’t happen at some point in the not-so-distant future (maybe by the first of the year). P.S. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION!!

And I don’t see anyone (least of all me!) being adamant that not being allowed to combine discounts with Next Cruise is a done deal. Perhaps you should re-read the end of my original post:

I realize at this point it is all hearsay and conjecture but with so many different people reporting hearing the same thing I thought it warranted discussion.

Sorry if I offended your sensibilities by attempting to share information gleaned from other threads. I thought some would want to know what might be coming and I was also hoping to see if anyone else has been hearing anything similar.

Archived