CVP or PVP, I say CVP!

lydiaw86

I booked my cruise with a PVP. She was very sales driven and abrupt and spoke very similar to a telemarketer. :eek:

The other day I called a different line with Carnical in Colorado and got a CVP. He explained the difference between them and he was extremely helpful. I think I like the CVP's better.

What do you all use CVP's or PVP's? Which ones do you like?

LW

I booked my cruise with a PVP. She was very sales driven and abrupt and spoke very similar to a telemarketer. :eek:

The other day I called a different line with Carnical in Colorado and got a CVP. He explained the difference between them and he was extremely helpful. I think I like the CVP's better.

What do you all use CVP's or PVP's? Which ones do you like?

LW

One thing to remember PVP's are all on the quota system. If they dont meet the quota they will be fired. With that said, I have never had a problem calling the 1-800-819-3902(# for PVP's) or the 1-800-CARNIVAL(# for CVP's)

The primary difference is one thing:

The PVP can solicate you, the CVP cannot. From talking to CVP's I believe that the commision and or sales structures may be different because of this.

But, they both have them, he did tell me that.

Also the CVP's are in Colorado and most all PVP's are in Florida.

The primary difference is one thing:

The PVP can solicate you, the CVP cannot. From talking to CVP's I believe that the commision and or sales structures may be different because of this.

But, they both have them, he did tell me that.

Also the CVP's are in Colorado and most all PVP's are in Florida.

Guess my guy is a PVP because he is in Florida. This is the second time I've booked through him and he is fantastic! I call to ask a question and he's usually there (if not, I get a call back within an hour) . . . if I send an email . . . the reply is extremely prompt. Now I can't remember . . . which was better to book with the PVP or the CVP?

I didn't know that there were CVP's, I knew about PVP's...I think that I must have booked with a CVP...let me look back at the thread....yep, CVP then (I called 1-800-Carnival) and here I thought that I had a PVP. Who knew?! I guess that I like him well enough. Nice kid! I can't usually get ahold of him again when I have questions, although I do have his extention #, but it is ok cuz I just get another...CVP I guess, and ask my question...get my sale price etc! Everyone has always been very nice and personable!

You must get PVP's when you request a catalog or something from the website or sign in on your carnival.com acct and look at booking something. Everytime hubby seems to sign in to his carnival.com acct. we get this chick that makes that "telemarketing" call. (I told him to quit it!!! Doesn't seem to happen on my acct. I am always snooping around on the website!! Maybe this time if I look at the floor plans enough in the next 145 days, I won't be so lost! I have a very bad sense of direction...:rolleyes: )

my sil booked her first cruise with a pvp and she was never happy...thought the woman was not friendly and not well informed about anything she asked her. When she had to rebook due to Katrina she booked with my TA and she is more than pleased with the service and attention she has recieved. The TA knows she gets return business due to helping a client out with what they need not with what she needs to sail.

I love my PVP. He has even given us his cell number in case of emergency. During the hurricane I called on the weekend, got a CVP. He was nice and I got his extension to call back but when I called there was no option to get to his extension so I had to talk to who ever answered. That is why I now have my PVP's cell number. I like to talk to the same person and we have had him for years and he has saved us a bundle.

I'm glad my personal travel agent handles all of my travel arrangements and looking out for lowest prices and best overall deals.

CVP...PVP...who cares?

But do you get the sale prices passed on to you from your TA if Carnival has a sale?

If you have a trip coming up, ask your TA to see if the price has dropped at all...

Because I booked with Carnival directly this time (I had always used a TA up til now for my cruises), I call there upon occasion to see if pricing has changed. So far I have saved forty bucks. Forty bucks is forty bucks - gets me a few more foo-foo drinks ;) . I was told by my CVP that if the price drops again after I make final payment, Carnival will give you the sale price difference as on-board credit. I hope that this is true (in case it happens! But I think that I got a pretty good deal already! Don't know that it can drop much more...but I check just in case!)

I know that there is a thread on this site regarding checking on pricing if you want to read more about it...

My TA calls me the instant I get a price discount. I love her and she has saved me a bundle without me having to call and check. As she tells me she is in contact with them daily. It is easier for her to check into savings and pass them on to her clients...It is what gives her return customers and word of mouth referrals.

Our PVP (personal vacation planner) is fabulous. When I first called Carnival and by chance got hold of my PVP, I didn't have a clue as to what I was doing. We'd never cruised before, needed to go within a very specific time frame and didn't have much money to play with at all. He was so patient - got us a great deal on a 7 day, had me book an OV gty instead of an inside cabin (which is all I thought we'd be able to afford) and saved us a bundle. We ended up with a 6E on the Spa deck, he has called us on his days off, replies to e-mails and all of my stupid questions, even when Carnival offices were closed due to Wilma. We're even trying to all get together for drinks the night before we sail. I can't wait. As long as he's there with Carnival - we'll keep booking with him.

Archived