Need quiet and shade!

LiseD

I have been reading about the different places (hotels) that offer one day passes to enjoy their resorts. We are traveling with my parents, age 82 and 84. They are in good shape but I know they would want to spend the day at a quiet resort (no loud music by the pool) and shade is a must. We have been to Aruba before so are not wanting to do any of the other excursions. Please help me narrow down the choices. I think they would love to just have a relaxing day. Thanks in advance for your help!!

We are on a 2 week cruise with a lot of sea days....so think we will be ready to go ashore for a bit of a break. I do agree with you...the ship is wonderful on shore days when everyone is gone....but because of the schedule, I do think we will go ashore at this stop.

Finding a place that has shade and is also quiet is a little difficult. I would suggest you try MVC on Eagle Beach. They rent chairs and palapas, but depending on when you arrive they might not have any palapas left. That would be a quiet spot. The resorts on Palm Beach that offer all inclusives probably won't have any shade left because the resort guests have to get up very early to claim one themselves, and a lot aren't able to get one. They are also very crowded. There is someone near the Radisson that rents chairs and umbrellas, but that will not be quiet. I've never been to Renaissance Island, so can't comment on that.

I hadn't thought about the other guests getting up early and taking the nice spots! Maybe we just need to take a nice ride around the Islands.

Yes, resort guests have to play the palapa game every day if they want some shade. Many are up before daybreak, (my husband included) sitting under their palapa to claim their space when the chair attendants arrive. In this case, the phrase "if you snooze you lose" is totally correct. I've read on these boards that MVC has quite a few palapas and so far it hasn't been very hard to find one. Ofcourse, that probably changes, depending on how booked the resort is (it is very small) and how many ships are in port that day, but you might want to give that a try. Otherwise, the sun is brutal there because of the proximity to the equator.

We were just in Aruba for a land vacation and had no problems going every day to MVC at Eagle Beach. They rent chaises $10.00 per person and you don't have to pay for the palapas. If you want there are palapas further down where you can't get a chaise (too far for MVC to bring them there) but you can bring towels and sit under the palapas. Both beaches are near the Oceania condos - the beach is not totally quiet because many local people go there as well but it is not crowded because it is not by the big condos or hotels. It is a lovely beach where you can just sit all day in the shade if you wish. Just watch out for the sticker bushes which are near the parking lot. Have fun. :)

Archived