Explorer to Australia

After a season in Southampton, Explorer of the Seas is heading to Australia to replace Rhapsody.

Just received an email directly from Royal Caribbean.

I presume she will reposition via Dubai and Singapore.

Will she stay year-round, I wonder?

She is undergoing refurb before she goes to the UK.

They are reconfiguring her and is likely to look like the refurbished Navigator, with extra restaurants, 3D Theater and the Flowrider Surf Simulator.

Aside from that, she is a copy of Voyager.

After a season in Southampton, Explorer of the Seas is heading to Australia to replace Rhapsody.

Just received an email directly from Royal Caribbean.

I presume she will reposition via Dubai and Singapore.

Will she stay year-round, I wonder?

I got the email too and I'm eagerly awaiting the 2016 itineraries. We want to take a trip with friends in the April - but I would be happy for her to stay year round so that we can do a winter getaway!

Both are 1st generation Voyager class ships (the balconies are larger in the 2nd generation ships and are less enclosed). The biggest difference apart from artwork is the working marine lab currently staffed by U. Florida on the Explorer. The talks by the marine people are said to be really good. I don't know if it will continue operating in Australia.

Both are 1st generation Voyager class ships (the balconies are larger in the 2nd generation ships and are less enclosed). The biggest difference apart from artwork is the working marine lab currently staffed by U. Florida on the Explorer. The talks by the marine people are said to be really good. I don't know if it will continue operating in Australia.

I've been on the Explorer twice and they don't have the lab anymore.

Interesting. The officers on board the Explorer apparently don't know this.

:D :D :D

And yes, the Marine Lab is LONG gone from the Explorer........although it lives on in the directional listings by the elevators. ;)

And yes, the Marine Lab is LONG gone from the Explorer........although it lives on in the directional listings by the elevators. ;)

I think the email was just reported yesterday.

She is undergoing refurb before she goes to the UK.

They are reconfiguring her and is likely to look like the refurbished Navigator, with extra restaurants, 3D Theater and the Flowrider Surf Simulator.

Aside from that, she is a copy of Voyager.

Voyager will also be refurbed.

So it seems they will be pretty much the same, aside from décor.

That figures, someone posted in another thread that their cabin attendant told them.

And my lunch with officers was at noon yesterday.

Go figure.

;)

While I do find it odd for RCI Australia to send an email prior to a press release, the only clue I have found so far is that she calls in Gibraltar on the 6th of October 2015.

They had the 8th of October booked in Palma de Mallorca and then the 9th in Barcelona, but have since cancelled these. The Gibraltar booking is still standing.