Muesli Recipe?

codyody

I found a recipe that was supposed to be similar to the one served on HAL on the Food board, but it didn't seem right. Anyone over here have the real info? I asked our last morning and was told it was "just oatmeal, honey, and fresh fruit", but I know there was milk or cream in it. All recipe's I've seen have yogurt included, but I don't think the HAL version had yogurt. I've been experimenting, but so far I have not been successful.

Thanks Middle-aged mom for the recipes. Muesli!!!! I have this for breakfast each morning while on the ship, also.

Do you know if the Lido buffet breakfast continues to squeeze the oranges for OJ so that people can see the process?

Our Wild Oat store has a mixture to which yogurt can be added. I haven't tried it but this thread gives me the inspiration to look at the nutrition facts and see if it might be something we would have now and then.

Thanks for the suggestion. Hope what they offer is within reasonable limitations.

Amazing! We loved the museli on the Zuiderdam & ate it at every opportunity. I have always wondered what is in it. We have the cookbook, but I don't remember seeing the recipe in there.

Thanks so much for posting it.

And all this time I thought is was a really low-fat breakfast!! :)

I have merged recipies 1 and 2 (I soaked the oats in milk rather than water) and pronounce it GOOD! And very HAL-like. I had deduced on my own the shredded apples, but the pears make the difference. YUM, thanks again middle-aged-mom!

I have merged recipies 1 and 2 (I soaked the oats in milk rather than water) and pronounce it GOOD! And very HAL-like. I had deduced on my own the shredded apples, but the pears make the difference. YUM, thanks again middle-aged-mom!

You are most welcome, Codyody:) Thanks for experimenting! Do you have the new combined recipe available for publication here on the board?:)

Karin

Archived