Wow.. Oasis of the Seas

I know it's a Royal Caribbean ship, but this just blows me away. Wow.

I love all cruises (so far), so I am not promoting one over another, just saying if the Carnival crowd has not yet seen this, you might want to take a peek at the 8 min video on the website. It was just relased within the past 24 hours, I believe.

http://www.oasisoftheseas.com/

I came very close to getting picked, I selected these names and Utopia of the Seas was one of the runner ups, Utopian wasn't picked

Utopian of the Seas and Envision of the Seas

Euphoria of the Seas and Expedition of the Seas

There was a contest with USA Today and RCI on Name selections.

kind of surprising to me that Carnival delayed any information about the dream knowing that RCL was going to have a press conference today to release this info...

or was it not a coincidence, I guess time will tell :)

So i just saw the pictures and the renderings of the Oasis of the Seas...

I am a little concerned that Royal Caribbean may have bitten off a little more then they can chew...

Dont get me wrong because i am a very loyal Royal Caribbean fan and they are my number one cruise line but it just seems to me that there is too many people on one ship. Did anyone ever think about lifeboats??...after all is said and done with crew your prob looking at aroung 7300+ people...that is so many people....

Another concern is about the center of the ship being so open, its very exposed to weather and the elements, so what's going to happen if it rains or there is a storm...

Also, whats going to happen to the food quality on the ship, its already suffering on the smaller ships....

I am just playing devil's advocate here and I will prob end up going on the Oasis, and maybe I'm getting ahead of myself but does anyone else have these concern.

Just thinking outloud i guess...but what does everyone else think???

kind of surprising to me that Carnival delayed any information about the dream knowing that RCL was going to have a press conference today to release this info...

or was it not a coincidence, I guess time will tell :)

Good point but I think that Carnival was holding back to see what RCI does first so that they can blow it out of the water.

Fred

Good point but I think that Carnival was holding back to see what RCI does first so that they can blow it out of the water.

Fred

exactly... thats what Im thinking too, its never too late to change a concept design before an official release.

Love this aspect to any business

I have to say RCL hit the city concept on the head. Unique idea with the "Tides Bar".

I do have to say I would hate having to be a booking agent having to tell customers about the different accommodations, "new portfolio of 37 categories of accommodation options many with views unique to Oasis of the Seas." (source)

exactly... thats what Im thinking too, its never too late to change a concept design before an official release.

Love this aspect to any business

If its like the rendition of the video tape we saw of the Dream, its going to be like WOW!!!

Fred

I know it's a Royal Caribbean ship, but this just blows me away. Wow.

I love all cruises (so far), so I am not promoting one over another, just saying if the Carnival crowd has not yet seen this, you might want to take a peek at the 8 min video on the website. It was just relased within the past 24 hours, I believe.

http://www.oasisoftheseas.com/

Ya' know, that video just reinforces my thought that Royal doesn't provide the kind of experience I'm interested in. What struck me was the emphasis on the interior of the ship. If I counted right I only saw three shots of the exterior of the vessel. Pretty much everything else revolved around the Boardwalk. I don't need a mall on my cruise.

The one feature that I did find impressive was the amphitheater at the aft end of the ship. It invites views of the sea that the rest of the ship seems to avoid.

Just my $.02...

You are right, they completely forgot about drainage, food shortages and life boats. Do us all a favor and save the chicken little junk for another day. Today should be an excited day for any fan yet there have already been several doom and gloomers like yourself raining on the parade...jeeesh,

un-real.

The Oasis is vaguely interesting to me at best. It just seems that RCI is cramming as much touristy crap as they can on to a single ship. To me, that's just not appealing. One RCI fan on the board commented that "Wow, it's not even going to seem like you're on a ship!" (It was said in a positive context.) To me, that's the problem right there.

And can you imagine all the surcharges from the various venues? Not to mention the crowds? Blech.

I hope Carnival stays true to itself and doesn't try to attract passengers by putting a darn zipline through the ship. JMO.

Gwen

(looking forward to the Nov. 5 sailing of the "wee" Miracle.)

Great points Mach, in my research to find what was best for 'us' on our first cruise last year thats exactly what I loved about Carnival and didnt like about RCL, and this does re-enforce that belief.

I dont want to walk through central park, I want to walk in the ocean breeze... icon14.gif

You are right, they completely forgot about drainage, food shortages and life boats. Do us all a favor and save the chicken little junk for another day. Today should be an excited day for any fan yet there have already been several doom and gloomers like yourself raining on the parade...jeeesh,

un-real.

With all the people working on this project, I highly doubt they "forgot" anything.

YEah, I am sure that RCI forgot about ALL THIS STUFF when building a ship like this. They forgot it rains in the Caribbean, they forgot to add drainage, they just didn't think about any of it. Great question.

Looking at the artist's renderings, which granted aren't very clear - but my first reaction was that they picked a really good place to put them - and they look 'covered' - not like open boats. Who knows how many they hold.

So there will be life boats?

Ya' know, that video just reinforces my thought that Royal doesn't provide the kind of experience I'm interested in. What struck me was the emphasis on the interior of the ship. If I counted right I only saw three shots of the exterior of the vessel. Pretty much everything else revolved around the Boardwalk. I don't need a mall on my cruise.

The one feature that I did find impressive was the amphitheater at the aft end of the ship. It invites views of the sea that the rest of the ship seems to avoid.

Just my $.02...

This ship isnt for everyone, but I think the purpose of the video was to show something new, innovative and different. Im not sure how showing the exterior of the ship would accomplish that. I think we all know what a deck with a chair looks like. One of the first things people want to see of a new ship is the interior.

The amphitheater is truly impressive. They have taken MUTS and SeaSide Theater and put it on its ear.

To many people - no-where to dock - food for the masses - Very little appeal for me sorry !!

Pictures are great - lets see what it ends up like ( all well and good on paper )

jj....

Archived