Price Reduction Question Please

luvbluseas

A long time ago if there was a price reduction on a cruise that you had already paid in full Celebrity would give you the difference as an Onboard Credit. A while ago they stopped doing this. One time I had enough that with only about another $50+ dollars we were able to upgrade to a suite. Does anyone know what your options are now if the price of your cruise goes down after you have paid in full?:confused:

A long time ago if there was a price reduction on a cruise that you had already paid in full Celebrity would give you the difference as an Onboard Credit. A while ago they stopped doing this. One time I had enough that with only about another $50+ dollars we were able to upgrade to a suite. Does anyone know what your options are now if the price of your cruise goes down after you have paid in full?:confused:

You will not get a price drop, but you could upgrade and perhaps pay a bit more to do so.

But beware - if you have Pick Your Perk or 123Go and you go for a price drop that is a resident's or senior's rate - you will lose those perks. Always ask what you will lose if you go for a price drop. ;)

You are correct that they no longer offer on-board credit in the case of a price reduction after final payment.

Once the final payment date has been passed, you can move up in cabin category by paying the difference, the same as before. If the price of your cabin goes down, they will not be giving you any money back or any on-board credit.

You may lose the Pick Your Perk or other offer if you make a change after final payment.

Edited by cruisestitch

The above is correct, but note that the difference you will be charged is the difference between the current price of the cabin you want to move to and the amount you've actually paid for your existing cabin.

So if the cost of your existing cabin has increased you get no credit for that.

Just so I understand fully, is PYP/123Go only lost if it's a resident/senior rate stateroom price that you upgrade to?

In other words, if I've completed final payment on Cat 1A for say $1,009 (with PYP Classic Bev) and a Aqua Class Guarantee comes available for $1,100 regular price (not a resident special price). Can I upgrade to the Aqua Guarantee for the $91 per person difference and still keep PYP?

Thanks!

Sent from my Z10 using Forums mobile app

Just so I understand fully, is PYP/123Go only lost if it's a resident/senior rate stateroom price that you upgrade to?

In other words, if I've completed final payment on Cat 1A for say $1,009 (with PYP Classic Bev) and a Aqua Class Guarantee comes available for $1,100 regular price (not a resident special price). Can I upgrade to the Aqua Guarantee for the $91 per person difference and still keep PYP?

Typically guarantee rates do not include any additional offers (ie, 1,2,3/PYP/shipboard credit). So, if you can change to a guarantee rate you'd lose whatever offer you had with your 1A.

Edited by RickT

...In other words, if I've completed final payment on Cat 1A for say $1,009 (with PYP Classic Bev) and a Aqua Class Guarantee comes available for $1,100 regular price (not a resident special price). Can I upgrade to the Aqua Guarantee for the $91 per person difference and still keep PYP?...

I think as a general rule if you make a change like that to your booking you get the current deal. If the current deal includes the promos then you get them, but if not then you don't. However, from time to time we read of people who made similar changes on board and kept their promo packages. Of course we don't always know all the facts and circumstances around those changes, the pricing and current offerings. Bottom line is that you can't say for certain until you check it out.

Typically guarantee rates do not include any additional offers (ie, 1,2,3/PYP/shipboard credit). So, if you can change to a guarantee rate you'd lose whatever offer you had with your 1A.

I think as a general rule if you make a change like that to your booking you get the current deal. If the current deal includes the promos then you get them, but if not then you don't. However, from time to time we read of people who made similar changes on board and kept their promo packages. Of course we don't always know all the facts and circumstances around those changes, the pricing and current offerings. Bottom line is that you can't say for certain until you check it out.

Thank you both!

Thanks!

Sent from my Z10 using Forums mobile app

CWB, The current PYP offer is only good for cruises sailing after your sailing date, so if you upgrade you lose it.