Deciding between NCL, RCCL, CCL

nrmorris

Want to book a 6-7 night cruise from Miami (other Florida ports are ok as well), looking at these 3 lines.

Any thoughts between the 3? We want an ocean view room, and are planning on going between Feb and April sometime 2014.

Trying to get a feel for all 3 and which ships out of Miami may have to offer.

Want to book a 6-7 night cruise from Miami (other Florida ports are ok as well), looking at these 3 lines.

Any thoughts between the 3? We want an ocean view room, and are planning on going between Feb and April sometime 2014.

I would go for a 7 night cruise. The 3 lines you are considering are all similar so it's finding the best price and itinerary for you.

Please consider that you are considering sailing during peak Spring Break and that will have an effect upon price and your overall experience.

Here's a site that will list the Spring Break vacations for many colleges http://www.studentcity.com/blog/when-is-my-spring-break/ When you reach the site, scroll down until you come to the list.

I appreciate the candidness! Ha!

Every time I search I get 10-20 cruises, 4 or 5 different ships across the lines, multiple itineraries, all similar prices. Difficult choices.

If similar prices, then I would break it down by itinerary. If there's an island I haven't been to than that's a plus. Then I'll look at the time you are in port, how many ports, etc.

Also consider the "ship as the destination" if the ports and price are similar. The Oasis and Allure of the Seas are massive. I'd like to do those once. The Norwegian Epic is also very big, and may have the best entertainment and food options in that market.

You might consider the Norwegian Getaway, a brand new ship starting it's inagural cruises out of Miami in February. Quite an active ship, entertainment wise, and of course NCL is Freestyle and more relaxed than some as far as dress and dining.

CCL entertainment is not at all like the other 2. I have not been on RCCL but I can tell you I would rather go on NCL than CCL because of the entertainment options.

I pulled up RCL, NCL, and CCL cruises for March 2014 out of Ft Lauderdale and Miami.

Based on price and itinerary, I personally would suggest one of the four:

8 Days Caribbean-Eastern

Royal Caribbean Int. • Independence of the Seas

Fort Lauderdale, Philipsburg/St. Maarten, Basseterre, San Juan/Puerto Rico, Labadi/Labadee, Fort Lauderdale

8 Days Caribbean-Eastern

Carnival Cruise Lines • Carnival Freedom

Fort Lauderdale, Saint Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, Nassau, Fort Lauderdale

7 Days Caribbean-Eastern

Carnival Cruise Lines • Carnival Liberty

Miami, Half Moon Cay, Saint Thomas, San Juan/Puerto Rico, Grand Turk, Miami

7 Days Caribbean-Western

Norwegian Cruise Line • Norwegian Epic

Miami, Ocho Rios, Costa Maya, Cozumel, Miami

The Norwegian Getaway looks nice, but is expensive for only 7 days and only three ports:

7 Days Caribbean-Eastern

Norwegian Cruise Line • Norwegian Getaway

Miami, Philipsburg/St. Maarten, St. Thomas/Charlotte Amalie, Nassau, Miami

If I were basing my choice solely on the cruise ship, then Oasis or Allure would most definitely win! But, they are soooo expensive, and they always go to the same three ports (same as the Getaway).

I pulled up RCL, NCL, and CCL cruises for March 2014 out of Ft Lauderdale and Miami.

Based on price and itinerary, I personally would suggest one of the four:

8 Days Caribbean-Eastern

Royal Caribbean Int. • Independence of the Seas

Fort Lauderdale, Philipsburg/St. Maarten, Basseterre, San Juan/Puerto Rico, Labadi/Labadee, Fort Lauderdale

I like the Independence itinerary! Having St. Kitts as a port stop from the States is a bonus in my book!

We've been on all three. I'd choose either NCL or RCCL. I think they are pretty comparable.

Our favorite ship is the Independence of the Seas and if that's an option, I'd recommend it. It's not too large but has a lot of great features. We enjoy the Royal Promenade. The coffee shop is a great place to stop for coffee or tea at no charge unless it's a specialty drink. They also have great little sandwiches and pastries. Enjoy some coffee and a treat and watch the people or read. The pizza place is really good too. The ice skating show is really amazing given they are on the sea and in a small rink. Overall we enjoy the entertainment on RCCL more.

NCL is more relaxed and I enjoy their open dining option. We'll be on the Jewel in February and chose this cruise for the departure port and itinerary.

We always find things that are enjoyable on all our cruises. Some are just more enjoyable than others.

Hi, i'm looking for some help also to decide> As i'm travelling solo. they recommend me NCL. I've been on RCCL and CCL. I don't think i"ll choose for CCL ever again. My only concern are. Are they enough free food on the NCL? I've seen the studios on NCL but it looks creepy to me :(> Can someone please help me out?

Hi, i'm looking for some help also to decide> As i'm travelling solo. they recommend me NCL. I've been on RCCL and CCL. I don't think i"ll choose for CCL ever again. My only concern are. Are they enough free food on the NCL? I've seen the studios on NCL but it looks creepy to me :(> Can someone please help me out?

I have been looking at cruise prices for a friend of mine who is travelling solo. I was surprised to find that if he booked an inside cabin for one, it always came in less than the studio price. If you dont think the studio lounge is for you, check out the prices on an inside - (I was pricing Epic so dont know about OV cabins how they would compare). But inside for one was always showing cheaper than the studio.

Depending on the ship, either 2 or 3 main restaurants with very similar menus, a café or sports bar/pub type open almost 24 hrs a day and indoor and outdoor buffets. No problem finding food with no extra charge. However, if you want to try one of the upcharge restaurants you'll have several to choose from. I can't help you with the studio question.

Since you're considering Florida ports in addition to Miami, what about Tampa:

Norwegian Dawn

7-night Western Carribean

(Roatan, Belize City, Costa Maya, Cozumel)

Carnival Legend

7-night Western Carribean

(Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman)

I lean personally toward Norwegian, but I would certainly sail Royal again. I have sailed on the Norwegian Star, sister ship to Dawn, and liked it. I consider it mid-size, big enough with lots of shipboard options without being mega, but small enough to be navigable.

Archived