223 Summit Pictures

Razl

We were on the Summit last month and before we left there were many people wanting to see what the ship looked like after the re-furbish. It is quite lovely and I took 223 pictures from around the ship. Some are of the artwork, some of the grand buffet, but most are just of the ship. There are no pictures of the islands we visited, or of the shows, or of anything else. Just the various things, officers, and areas of the ship.

Enjoy: http://travel.webshots.com/album/582795168AHjWuH

Any questions, I will be happy to answer. I am also working on a review but it is going to be VERY LONG.

We were on the Summit last month and before we left there were many people wanting to see what the ship looked like after the re-furbish. It is quite lovely and I took 223 pictures from around the ship. Some are of the artwork, some of the grand buffet, but most are just of the ship. There are no pictures of the islands we visited, or of the shows, or of anything else. Just the various things, officers, and areas of the ship.

Any questions, I will be happy to answer. I am also working on a review but it is going to be VERY LONG.

Outstanding!!!!

Hi Ruthie.... First of all, thanks for posting the link to so many nice pictures! My question relates to seating in the Main Dining Room. My wife & I would prefer a table for two on the rail. Do you recall if there were many such tables and if they were designated for select or traditional dining? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks again for your photos & for any info you might be able to provide.:)

thank you so much for the wonderful pictures. Our kids just got off the Allure of the Seas yesterday and said the next cruise is on this beauty celebrating a med school graduation next may. I was surprised to see out of bayonne. We have never been on celebrity but are diamond plus on rccl. Did you find many changes in the cabins or just the aqua suite additions?

How was your overall dress code in the main dining room?

so so enjoyed these pictures. thank you once again for sharing.

Thanks for the pics!

My favorite!

2440111780043779734tsstNB_th.jpg

Ken

Was over the top. It was our first time on Celebrity and loved this idea over the midnight buffets. I actually got to enjoy the great food too.

Hi Ruthie.... First of all, thanks for posting the link to so many nice pictures! My question relates to seating in the Main Dining Room. My wife & I would prefer a table for two on the rail. Do you recall if there were many such tables and if they were designated for select or traditional dining? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks again for your photos & for any info you might be able to provide.:)

Yes they have tables for two at the rail. The Select dining is only on the second floor and we had a table for two the second formal night at the rail. Great spot. Actually they have as many tables for two people as they did for groups of 4 and 6. I only saw one table for 10.

Fantastic photos! Thank you so much for sharing these. There were many areas of the ship I had not seen photographed before.

How did you like the ship?

I have read many of your posts librarylady. We adored her. The service was over the top, and the ship is lovely. We are D+ on Royal so our points transfered over but none of the marvelous experiences we had were because of our status. It was because the staff cared. You can tell the ship is older. There are little things that tale-tell it's age but to me that is all part of the personality of the ship. A rail not flat here, a little rust there, small things that do not make or break a cruise nor the ship. The updates are well done and everyone from the officers down are so proud of the changes. We loved her so much we want to go back for our next cruise.

Thanks! Your pictures are great to see:). Never been on Celebrity before, now I know what to expect on my upcoming reunion cruise.:D

I can not say enough about the ship or the staff. Even as we were leaving and thanking Stavros for all he had done, other people in line were doing the same thing. Everyone we talked to, no matter their country, feel the ship and crew were excellent. You are going to have a marvelous time! :cool:

Great photos! Thanks for posting them. I have a question. I noticed you had one photo of a MDR menu. Did you take photos of the other menus during the cruise? If you did, I'd love to see them.

I was going to take pic of all of them but I never got that far. Here's a link to the menus posted months ago. It's pretty close with maybe only one item different on some evenings. ALL THE FOOD WE HAD WAS VERY GOOD!! Some was just better than others. The filet DH had melted in his mouth. He recommended it to a gentleman at another table and the next evening he said it was the best steak he has had in 10 years. The chateaubriand that I had the second formal night was to die for...... :D

Here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=222759&d=1329874696

thank you so much for the wonderful pictures. Our kids just got off the Allure of the Seas yesterday and said the next cruise is on this beauty celebrating a med school graduation next may. I was surprised to see out of bayonne. We have never been on celebrity but are diamond plus on rccl. Did you find many changes in the cabins or just the aqua suite additions?

How was your overall dress code in the main dining room?

so so enjoyed these pictures. thank you once again for sharing.

We are also D+ on Royal and our status transfered to Celebrity. The cabins are about the same size as Royal Radiance class but I do feel like there is more storage on Celebrity. Not sure how they did it beause just looking at the cabin you would think you couldn't get everything in there. We had room to spare and I think we had a little less room in our handicap cabin then in a normal balcony stateroom. But we saw the inside of other cabins as they were cleaning and they looked like a standard cabin on any of the older ships. Oasis and Allure have tiny cabins as far as I am concerned.

As for the dress code, it's the same as all RCL ships. 2 formal nights and the rest what I could call business casual. Shirt and pants for guys and pants/tops or dresses for the ladies. We didn't see any jeans at dinner but Dockers style pants were being worn. It was a little nicer than we sometimes see on Royal but nothing fancy. Even formal night wasn't over the top dressy for the ladies though there was some tux's being worn.

Yes they have tables for two at the rail. The Select dining is only on the second floor and we had a table for two the second formal night at the rail. Great spot. Actually they have as many tables for two people as they did for groups of 4 and 6. I only saw one table for 10.

Thanks, Ruthie.... This makes me feel better after hearing at least 3 conflicting stories about the post-Solsticized MDR on deck 5. Do you know if the entire deck 5 (2nd floor) MDR on your cruise was for "select" or if part of it was for "traditional" (not counting the section they walled off for Blu)? Of course, I realize this might vary by M-Class ship & we're going to be on the Millennium but just wondering about your cruise. The Summit was our very 1st Celebrity experience & loved every minute. We've now been on 3 of the 4 M-Class ships and the Millie will be our 4th + our 1st since the retrofits began.:)

I have read many of your posts librarylady. We adored her. The service was over the top, and the ship is lovely. We are D+ on Royal so our points transfered over but none of the marvelous experiences we had were because of our status. It was because the staff cared. You can tell the ship is older. There are little things that tale-tell it's age but to me that is all part of the personality of the ship. A rail not flat here, a little rust there, small things that do not make or break a cruise nor the ship. The updates are well done and everyone from the officers down are so proud of the changes. We loved her so much we want to go back for our next cruise.

I know what you mean about the staff. We loved our sky suite but what made our last Summit cruise special was the staff onboard.

We had one of the tables on the 2nd floor by the railing too....that is indeed a great spot.

Next time, try Blu...if its as good as other Blu experiences, it will be wonderful.

Did you eat in Normandie or Qsine?

Great pix to help get us excited about our Bermuda run on Summit on May 27. One question: we enjoy having a pre-(late seating) dinner cocktail in a lounge with light music (acoustic guitar, piano, strings). Is this available anywhere? Is there music available in Michael's Club from 7:30-8:30? Anywhere else for a quiet drink with music? Thanks.

I feel that I was almost on that ship with you. Great pictures. We were on the Infinity a couple years ago before "Solsticization". She was getting a bit tattered. Looks like they did a great job on Summit!

Great photos. I can hardly wait till we sail in the fall. I discovered our favorite suite has just added a balcony, so we're in 7th heaven!

Is the gelato station the only place for ice cream or is it available at the Lido?

Archived