Turkey- How to get visa if entry is by cruise (staying extra days)

I know that this is an old question, but I don't know the answer. I know that I need a visa for entry Turkey after the cruise, we are planning to stay 2 extra days, I know that it is easy to get the visas in the airport, but I'll be arriving in a cruise, can I get the visa in the port? Do I need it? I'm flying home from Istanbul, don't want to get in trouble because din't have an entry visa.

Well, I called to RCI and they said that I have to do it, it get me so confuse...I hate to send my passport to a consulate and I was thinking that if the stamp the visa at the airport, thay will do it at the port.

I'm sure that most of the people that disembark in Istanbul will be flying home, so they willl need the visa.

The visa is merely a tax of $20 for US citizens and a stamp on your passport. There might be an office at the port....I'm not certain. At the airport it took 5 minutes to wait on line. Contact:

821 United Nations Plaza

New York, NY 10017

Tel: (212) 687-2194

Fax: (212) 599-7568

E-mail: info.ny@tourismturkey.org

Sorry.....there is also an office in LA:

Los Angeles

5055 Wilshire Boulevard Suite 850

Los Angeles, CA 90036

Tel: (323) 937-8066

Fax: (323) 937-1271

E-mail: info.la@tourismturkey.org

Check with the Turkish counsel here in the US. You can email them. Sounds like you are getting off the ship for a few days in Turkey.

The counsel here will be able to tell if you really need a visa in advance.

I did that on a cruise we were on, when my TA told us to get a visa. Turned out we did not need one but we did not end our cruise in Turkey.

If you arrive at the airport, there is booth there to get the visas. If you arrive at the end of a cruise, you may need to have the visa before you even board your cruise, its just a stamp you add to a passport page. If you don't live near a Turkish Consulate, there are services that can arrange it for you and I think the Turkish Consulate also has an ordering mechanism. When we were there 3 years ago, there was no visa service at the port and we did need to have the visa in our passport on boarding the cruise.

Ok, I just call the Turkish counsel office in LA, this is the phone for questions about cruise visa 323-655-8832 x 14, call after 1:30 PM. (they answer in turkish, wait for the English message, option 4 is for english language)

1- Need visa if arriving by plane. They can stamp your passport at the airport.

2- Need visa if you are arriving by cruise and will disembark there, either to stay or take a fly (that is whay they told me). They can stamp your passport at the seaport.

3- if you are arriving by cruise and leaving in the cruise, the visa is not needed.

You can always go to the counsel office and get it before leaving, only in the mornings 9:00 Am to noon. The person at the phone told me that it is very easy to do it at the airport or seaport. I'll do it in Turkey and save me a drive to LA.

Thanks for all your help.

Well, more news, I called RCI, this time they gave me another answer...they will do it for us, Canadians and USA citizens will be able to get the visa from the vessel before disembarking in Turkey..not sure if the price is included in the cruise cost or if you pay extra...When I boocked this trip, thay told me that I have to do it myself, now, that they will do it...This time, the representative first told me to call Immigration, when I told her that I knew that I needed a visa, then she start reading some instrucctions until she found the answer that I just gave to you..confusing.

nparmelee, I asked about the visa prior boarding, they said no, they will do it for us.

Archived