Valor Scenic Ocean Views

scott_gallant

Hi Everyone,

I've seen the past threads relating to the new(ish) Scenic Ocean View rooms on the Valor, but am wondering if there is anyone on here who has actually stayed in one? We are booked in one of them (9201) for our upcoming cruise. What are your thoughts on them? Pros? Cons?

Thanks!

Scott

While the view is completely amazing, and I would probably end up in my cabin much of the time, I really don't like that they reduce available public space with more cabins.

I would rather see them put some kind of observation lounge above the bridge in that space. I would spend a TON of time there.

I'm booked in the exact same room in December! I basically figured that I can stroll down the hall to the Lido for some 'balcony' time and the photos look soooo nice. I have actually stayed in 9205 on the Valor as well (before they reconfigured those suites) and am familiar with the deck that used to be in front of these rooms and it was so windy and uncomfortable that no one really spent a significant amount of time on it. Can't wait to hear how you like it!

I'm booked in the exact same room in December! I basically figured that I can stroll down the hall to the Lido for some 'balcony' time and the photos look soooo nice. I have actually stayed in 9205 on the Valor as well (before they reconfigured those suites) and am familiar with the deck that used to be in front of these rooms and it was so windy and uncomfortable that no one really spent a significant amount of time on it. Can't wait to hear how you like it!

Stay tuned for my point of view on the room when I return!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stay tuned for my point of view on the room when I return!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am booked in that exact cabin (9201) for my cruise leaving 18 Feb. I've been tempted to switch to a balcony because it would now be over $200 cheaper but I'm going to stick with it for a new experience. Plan to post pictures when I return or I can send them directly to you. Just let me know. :)

• 4 weeks later...

My dad was in this room 1/1/12 cruise and it is a beautiful room. At night you have to have the widow shades down so they can't be open. Also he said that it was very cold in the room even with the temp turned way up. Lots of room and great view during the day.

My dad was in this room 1/1/12 cruise and it is a beautiful room. At night you have to have the widow shades down so they can't be open. Also he said that it was very cold in the room even with the temp turned way up. Lots of room and great view during the day.

It was so spacious and it was a great room but now that I've had the pleasure, I think I'll go back to having a balcony. At night we had the shades down until we shut off all the lights to go to bed and then we put them back up so we could wake up to the sunshine. :) And he's right, we thought it was cold too which is saying a lot since my husband likes to keep our house at 67 degrees year round!

That room is amazing, bet it costs a small fortune !

At the time I booked it, it was the same as a regular balcony cabin on the upper deck. A few weeks before the cruise, I could have gotten a balcony on the Panorama deck for $300 less. We decided to stick with our initial choice and we are glad we did - the room is very spacious and the views are great. We will go back to a balcony though. I missed being able to go outside from my cabin.

I stayed in this room last April on the Liberty. It was on the spa deck. We absolutlly loved it!!!! It is the best view ever! Ceiling to floor window. Gotta love it.

Awesome! You got it just in time. Those are gone now. They have been converted to regular balcony rooms, as if there aren't enough of those. On the Conquest, we booked one of those, but it got converted before we sailed. Still, it's been our only balcony, so it was still unique for us. If a balcony was something we picked more often, we would've been disappointed to not get the unique experience of these kind of rooms.

I agree, would not be surprised if they did that to all Conquest class in drydock (although they did not add them to Liberty in her most recent one).

I hope so. It's crazy that they removed the original 6Js on Liberty and didn't put the new ones in on that drydock. There are plenty of forward observation decks on several floors, so it's no big deal to lose one of them. These rooms look so amazing!

Thanks so much for posting. I'd love to see more if you wouldn't mind posting. If I had patience, I will see in person in 18 days lol.

Weird thing, on the website that shall not be mentioned that people post pics of their cabins, room 9200 which is the mate to this room, just on the opposite side, the couch has a chaise, but in your pics, doesn't look like it does in this one. Odd, you'd think they'd be the exact same.

Thanks again!

Here's a few pictures of 9201 on the Valor. Let me know if you'd like more...I have them. :)

DSC00423.jpg

DSC00419.jpg

We had this cabin (9201) booked on or Valor trip in 2013...I love to try the various cabin types. However...Carnival cancelled our cruise because of the repositioning of the Valor :mad: Oh well, we now booked the 15 day repo of the Miracle through the Panama Canal which was huge on our bucket list. Maybe some day we will get to try the 6K on the Valor or a different Conquest class if they add during drydocks.

Thanks so much for posting. I'd love to see more if you wouldn't mind posting. If I had patience, I will see in person in 18 days lol.

Weird thing, on the website that shall not be mentioned that people post pics of their cabins, room 9200 which is the mate to this room, just on the opposite side, the couch has a chaise, but in your pics, doesn't look like it does in this one. Odd, you'd think they'd be the exact same.

Thanks again!

What else would you like to see? I have a picture of the bathroom but it is just like everyone else's on the ship, nothing special.

I thought the same thing too when I saw pictures of 9200 and how it had a chaise but ours didn't.

I did glance into the $5,000 Captain's Suite next to our room and they have 2 bathrooms and 2 rooms in it. I almost asked our room steward if I could look around in it but decided I shouldn't put that kind of pressure on him. When you look in the door, there is a bathroom and another room (dressing room maybe) on each side of the wall and then straight ahead is a door to another room on the right and on the left is a whole living area with cushy couches and chairs (no plasticy furniture). The people staying there must've loved their room because they ordered room service A LOT!!

I think the rooms inbetween 9200 and 9201 have one large floor to ceiling window instead of two. You can hear when the rooms next door are opening and closing their shades but it's not super loud or anything.

Enjoy your room!!

We had this cabin (9201) booked on or Valor trip in 2013...I love to try the various cabin types. However...Carnival cancelled our cruise because of the repositioning of the Valor :mad: Oh well, we now booked the 15 day repo of the Miracle through the Panama Canal which was huge on our bucket list. Maybe some day we will get to try the 6K on the Valor or a different Conquest class if they add during drydocks.

The Panama Canal sounds exciting! I would delay the 6K for that option! :D

We are planning on a cruise out of San Juan in Feb 2013 and found out it will be the Valor again because they are switching places with Victory. We are tempted to do the repo of the two ships with a back-to-back cruise.

What is the cost for this room in February Caribbean sailing? What is the max amount of people in the room. I see a railing in the picture. Do people walk by the room?

We booked early saver about 9 months out from our cruise in March, and the room was $934/pp before taxes. We had a balcony last April on deck 8, and paid almost the same price. We decided that we didn't use the balcony enough, and would try more space this time instead.

What is the cost for this room in February Caribbean sailing? What is the max amount of people in the room. I see a railing in the picture. Do people walk by the room?

It cost us $1700 (8-day southern Caribbean) and our room said it could hold 2 people but I think the ones in the middle can hold 3. Not sure what the "max" would be. If you are looking at a Feb cruise on the Valor, it will be sailing out of San Juan starting in 2013. Last I checked, for the same week we cruised, there was only one scenic oceanview left and it was one in the middle, not the grand scenic oceanview (which is what my pictures are of).

The railing in the picture is a "catwalk" where maintenance people can walk on it to wash the windows or whatever else they need to do. It is not safe for passengers in any sense of the word. I imagine these windows get washed often because by day four, I noticed condensation streaks going down the windows.

The Empress and Upper Deck still have the "interior" rooms with an obstructed view at the front of the ship and people can walk on the deck in front of them. The scenic oceanview rooms are located only on the Lido Deck.

Archived