Honolulu/Waikiki Beach Hotel Recommendations?

actresslp

I'm looking at the Hilton on Waikiki Beach (not the vacation club resort...just the Hilton). Has anyone stayed here? I'm trying to find a place for us to stay one night after our cruise and would love to use some hotel points I've saved up. I have 50K points through Hilton (which is enough for one night on Waikiki) or I could just pay the $159/night cost that they're showing. I also have 25K points through Marriott....so if there are Marriott suggestions...please let me know.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites on points. They are in the "Hilton family". I think it was 35,000. They have a nice breakfast and manager's cocktail hour with snacks and entertainment.

I looked at that hotel as well....but it's not on the beach, right? How far of a walk is it to the beach? Can you see the ocean from the hotel?

We stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village and loved it. The grounds are beautiful with all kinds of flora and fauna. Lots of flamingos, etc. The beach is "right there". There were lots of little shops on the premises, including an ABC where we were able to get muffins and fruit and juice for breakfast, cutting down on costs. Also, if you do the Waikiki Trolley the stop is on the street at the HHV. http://www.honolulutours.net/?event=offer.type&productType=TROLLEY&mpt=589&name=Trolley%20Tours%20in%20Honolulu

The only downside is that it was a 15 minute walk to the main Waikiki drag and the International Marketplace, etc.

Just got back, and we stayed at the Hiilton before the cruise and the Sheraton after the cruise. We enjoyed the location and the pool better at the Sheraton. Hilton was very nice, however it rolls up the sidewalks at 11:00 pm.

There is a Mariott on the east end of Waikiki (near the zoo.) We stayed in the Aston Waikiki Beach right across the street from the Mariott in 2004 and found the location to be much better. This year we stayed across from the Hilton Hawaiian Village in the Ohana Beachcomber. I much prefer the area where the Mariott is. (directly across the street from the beach as no hotel is "on the beach" in that area) and that part of the beach was far less crowded. Great views of both Diamond Head and the main part of Waikiki from that area and some nice restaurants and shops on the street leves.

Not a Hilton or Marriott, but we liked the Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach. In between the Royal Hawaiian and Moana Surfrider. A great location and we got a decent price through hotels.com.

Loved the view.

I second that! And it's sooooooo worth it to book an oceanfront room -- heavenly!

We stayed at the Outrigger Reef on the Beach and really liked it. I would probably try the Outrigger Waikiki next time as their pool overlooks the beach and I prefer that. The reef is a somewhat quieter hotel with a smaller and quieter beach.

We had a day room at the HHV when we got off the ship. It was nice, but reminded me of Disneyworld. Much to crowded for my taste.

We chose Embassy Suites over HHV for 9 nights with points at the beginning of June. At the time we were reviewing hotels, the HHV had 'iffy' reviews. We also went with the Embassy over HHV because we got full breakfast buffet -- for 9 mornings that was a big deal to us! Also we enjoyed a couple of Mai Tais each evening at the managers reception while our son swam at the pool.

True, Embassy is not right on the beach. You have to cross the street, which there is a crosswalk. There is a walkway along the side of the hotel across the street and a grassy area with trees, not a bad walk at all. Although, we did enjoy other beaches elsewhere on the island much better than this beach.

We also enjoyed the Beachwalk area right outside the Embassy Suites doors. We walked all over every evening to different restaurants for dinner and shops. Very clean area.

Overall, we were happy with our decision to choose Embassy Suites over HHV.

We chose Embassy Suites over HHV for 9 nights with points at the beginning of June. We also went with the Embassy over HHV because we got full breakfast buffet -- for 9 mornings that was a big deal to us! Also we enjoyed a couple of Mai Tais each evening at the managers reception while our son swam at the pool.

Only a couple of Mai Tais???? I think you shortchanged yourself!!:D:D:D

Our hearty endorsement for the Embassy Suites. We had a truly amazing last minute trip there last November. Absolutely awesome. Totally perfect.

Anyone stayed at the Westin Moana Surfrider (formerly Sheraton?)

We walked throught the lobby on our first trip to Hawaii and it was a beautiful place. We are staying there pre and post cruise next month.

We got really discounted rates due to a family member who works for Westin, so cost was not a factor. But if it were, is it a worthwhile place to stay?

Archived